Entrepreneurship & Small Business

Debit Direct Canada Franchise

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2020 9:45 pm
Feb 4, 2012
2 posts
Orangeville

Debit Direct Canada Franchise

I'm looking at investing in this franchise that's promising great returns on your money. I think it cost around $3000.00/terminal with a minimum of 6 terminals.
They will find the merchants for you and send you a cheque every month for every transaction(.15/transaction) that the merchant processes with a debit card.
Has anybody heard about this Company? My brother bought 10 machines and is getting around $1000.00/month.
Thanks
96 replies
Feb 18, 2014
325 posts
86 upvotes
fittech1 wrote: I'm looking at investing in this franchise that's promising great returns on your money. I think it cost around $3000.00/terminal with a minimum of 6 terminals.
They will find the merchants for you and send you a cheque every month for every transaction(.15/transaction) that the merchant processes with a debit card.
Has anybody heard about this Company? My brother bought 10 machines and is getting around $1000.00/month.
Thanks
Debit surcharge was popular 10 years ago, and it only flies in a convenience store. These merchants are savvy enough to know that they can keep any revenue from a surcharge.

3k (minimum 6 units!!!) for a machine that costs $400 is another good reason to walk away.

Save your money...
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15196 posts
5016 upvotes
Here 'n There
fittech1 wrote: I'm looking at investing in this franchise that's promising great returns on your money. I think it cost around $3000.00/terminal with a minimum of 6 terminals.
Thanks
If it was that easy then the franchisor would be doing it themselves and would not be selling a system to generate returns for you. When you pull back the sheets you'll find your bro is not making $12K/yr on a $36K investment.
Feb 18, 2014
325 posts
86 upvotes
If your brother is making $1,000 per month on 10 terminals with revenue of 15c per transaction, it means that each location is averaging 666 transactions per month...gonna have to call bullshit on that as well.
Feb 4, 2012
2 posts
Orangeville
The Company sends him a statement every month and on average he makes about $100.00/machine and deposits the money directly into his account.
This is what he showed me.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1574 posts
476 upvotes
I would pass on this. The only business' that do debit surcharges are low volume mom and pop shops. You are better off opening an ISO-office and selling merchant services.
Are you only looking for 'passive' investment opportunities?
Jun 8, 2017
1 posts
Hi,

Were you able to invest in this business?? How was your experience?

I am in a similar situation, talked to a few people (reference provided by debit direct) and they all said it was a good experience, however I am still not sure if it is a legit business or a ponzi scheme where they are paying out your own money for a limited time.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Sep 19, 2017
1 posts
Thanks
my wife and lots of friends signed up with them 3 years ago we were getting paid on average $100 per month and last week they skipped town and left everyone high and dry!!! Its a PONZI scheme STAY AWAY!!!!

Sep 19, 2017
4 posts
Hey folks...Not sure what is going on but did contact our guy. Hopefully all goes well!
Sep 20, 2017
1 posts
Were you guys able to find anything? What did you guys do? We weren't able to find anything and all the contact we have brought us nowhere. And now their website is gone too .
Sep 21, 2017
7 posts
It looks like they vanish. I guess we should start filling a police report about this fraud
Dec 12, 2016
2 posts
1 upvote
There is a Case already with Toronto Police. Contact Detective Michael Streng (or his partner Detective Wilson) at Toronto Police - Financial Crimes Division 416 808-7300
Last edited by PeterB909062 on Sep 22nd, 2017 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 19, 2017
4 posts
We have been in contact with the guy who sold us our machines...he knows just as much as we do (so he says). At least he is keeping in touch with us. Apparently there is a forensic audit happening.
Sep 19, 2017
1 posts
Lamper wrote: We have been in contact with the guy who sold us our machines...he knows just as much as we do (so he says). At least he is keeping in touch with us. Apparently there is a forensic audit happening.
Is the name of the guy who sold you your machines Jim Gaudry?
Sep 22, 2017
2 posts
I also invested with these guys and I am worried I lost it all.

Please keep posting information as it comes in.
Sep 22, 2017
2 posts
Hi Guys !

I am one of those sad victims of this fraud.

Can you please tell me what I can do now ?
Sep 23, 2017
1 posts
Hi everyone,

We are part of this mess too. Can anyone let us know if any of you located their machines and if so, are they in operation and who presently gets the money for the transactions?
Sep 23, 2017
3 posts
1 upvote
I am in the same boat. I tried to contact cielo the new processor and their e-mails get returned also tried to contact Brian who usually does the pays and all his emails can not be delivered anymore either. I also purchased through Jim Gaudry. I though something was fishy when we got the e-mail from cielo stating they were the only contact from now on and there was no contact info.