6098 posts
2698 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…

Strap trainer $30

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Decathlon.ca
Not exactly a deal but if you want something for a home workout (much) cheaper than TRX. I have this one and works well wherever you can hook it up (I won't try it on a door in my own house).

Home delivery available in Québec and Ontario.

There's also this one for the same price.

https://www.decathlon.ca/en/suspension- ... ed-8559625
Images
  • Domyos strap training guide bottom half.jpeg
  • Domyos strap training guide top half.jpeg
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 3rd, 2020 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
Cream rises to the top. So does scum.
12 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2008
2040 posts
4584 upvotes
Why wouldn't you try it on a door?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
6098 posts
2698 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
devil2k wrote: Why wouldn't you try it on a door?
Don't want to break it or tweak it out of square. Interior doors here aren't very sturdily built. The strap extension hooks to the door knob, goes over the top of the door and you use it on the other side. Have never used it on any door.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2011 posts
1813 upvotes
Toronto
Wow I didn't know we had decathlon in Canada!
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
1420 posts
628 upvotes
thriftshopper wrote: Don't want to break it or tweak it out of square. Interior doors here aren't very sturdily built. The strap extension hooks to the door knob, goes over the top of the door and you use it on the other side. Have never used it on any door.
so.... what do you hook it on then?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
6098 posts
2698 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
neonic wrote: Wow I didn't know we had decathlon in Canada!
Started opening up ~2 years ago first store across the river from Montréal. All concentrated in La Belle Province except for the Ottawa store. Toronto/Vaughan is very new. Burlington is slated for one as is Dartmouth NS. I expect more if they find cheap mall space. Their setup is very much "pop up" style.
Clement wrote: so.... what do you hook it on then?
In the past: Trees, baseball fences, heavy eye hooks from ceilings/beams, around ceiling/floor joists and beams.....

I'd consider using a door if I had shim wedges to fully support against the edges.

Have yet to this this in my own house (basement ceilings are taller than my main floor ceilings, which are already higher than average).
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2007
1135 posts
567 upvotes
Toronto
The only useful exercise with this is pulling (the middle picture). All the others can be done without any equipment at all.

An elastic band is a lot more useful than this thing.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
6098 posts
2698 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
biscuits wrote: wish they would deliver nationwide, tried ordering golf balls, no go for winnipeg...
Unfortunately, deliveries only for the provinces they operate in (Québec and Ontario). Maybe NS when the store in the Halifax area opens. Like to see them in B.C. before long. I buy a lot of my daily wear, never mind sports gear, from them. Incidentally, so do a lot of people in France.

I actually bought my strap trainer in China in preparation for a freighter voyage.
Dec 17, 2013
166 posts
161 upvotes
Victoria
expected some other kind of strap trainer...
Dec 17, 2013
166 posts
161 upvotes
Victoria
mawzi wrote: The only useful exercise with this is pulling (the middle picture). All the others can be done without any equipment at all.

An elastic band is a lot more useful than this thing.
Very true, even the "rows" you can do with a towel or long sheet
Feb 26, 2008
782 posts
731 upvotes
Surrey
thriftshopper wrote: Don't want to break it or tweak it out of square. Interior doors here aren't very sturdily built. The strap extension hooks to the door knob, goes over the top of the door and you use it on the other side. Have never used it on any door.
If your door isn't warped now, it's pretty hard to do it unless you have some bad moisture problems or you're beating on the door. I have my TRX setup with my door. No issues with it being out of square and it's been around 4 years or so. The TRX door anchor looks to be similar in design to the one in your link but it doesn't hook to my door know. The TRX just goes over the door and you use it on the other side. I'm about 180 ish and I've done full upper and lower body workouts without issues.

My interior door is ok. It's light and a bit hollow like many but it's never been tweaked out of square.

Found a video that shows how it's installed. Maybe if you're worried pick up one of those and use it in place of the one that came with your kit? (provided it's compatible).

https://www.shape.com/fitness/videos/set-trx-train-home