Expired Hot Deals

Decathlon

Decathlon Summer Sale (Kayaks, Shoes, Hiking and Camping Gear, Exercise Equipment, Clothing, Bikes)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2022 9:28 am
[OP]
Apr 14, 2020
31 posts
133 upvotes

Decathlon Summer Sale (Kayaks, Shoes, Hiking and Camping Gear, Exercise Equipment, Clothing, Bikes)

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Decathlon
Decathlon has a summer sale on their website, for "a limited time", unclear when it ends. Lots of Kayaks, Paddle boards, Shoes, Hiking and Camping Gear, Clothing, Exercise equipment, and Bikes (which I see are already being talked about on RFD in another thread). Most items are 15% - 25% off - but some items are 40% - 60% off. Free shipping above $49.

I dont know about Rakuten but I see in the Decathlon Bikes thread that you can get further discount using Rakuten.
86 replies
Feb 18, 2015
369 posts
1665 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Are their bikes good enough for the price?
May 13, 2013
280 posts
191 upvotes
Toronto
Marcos1310 wrote: Are their bikes good enough for the price?
Great bikes for the price. I can speak for the road bike I picked up. See the other thread for more details.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2016
1454 posts
2987 upvotes
Their stuff is awesome...going to be sad one day when things inevitable get worse because corporate cuts back on quality
Feb 11, 2021
82 posts
58 upvotes
Does anyone have experience with their camping cooking sets?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1941 posts
534 upvotes
Ottawa
Decathlon is easily the best value for money for sports equipment across the board. It's what MEC was 20 years ago, and even better in terms of selection.
Oct 24, 2020
80 posts
146 upvotes
Ontario
EastVan wrote: Does anyone have experience with their camping cooking sets?
I'm curouis about them too..
Nov 25, 2016
39 posts
39 upvotes
Aurora
sushibucket wrote: Their stuff is awesome...going to be sad one day when things inevitable get worse because corporate cuts back on quality
They’ve been around for almost 50 years, they’ve established their brand on this - I don’t see it changing soon.
Be more kind my friend, try to be more kind.

- Frank Turner
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2010
1429 posts
1126 upvotes
Ontario
sushibucket wrote: Their stuff is awesome...going to be sad one day when things inevitable get worse because corporate cuts back on quality
I was buying Decathlon gear 20 years back in Europe, i can tell you there is no change in quality since then...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5031 posts
3226 upvotes
eiad77 wrote: Decathlon is easily the best value for money for sports equipment across the board. It's what MEC was 20 years ago, and even better in terms of selection.
Exactly this. MEC is now just another premium outdoors store, removing their house brand stuff to sell fancy stuff.

Quality is really good for the money, and just spent a ton of cash there. There is Rakuten but does not activate with the plug in, search to activate and it's 5%.

In store shopping is okay, some stuff not in stock or not all sizes there but it was great to check out the quality and feel in person.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7618 posts
873 upvotes
Toronto
Quality of their clothing/footwear etc is fine, it is not for enthusiasts, similar to mountain warehouse for example. Some pieces will be surprisingly good, others not so much. Their $600+ bikes are very good value.
Dec 19, 2018
194 posts
210 upvotes
Montreal
Thundercloud wrote: Are the skates any good? (haven't skated in 20+ years)
https://www.decathlon.ca/en/rollerbladi ... r-8561739=

Unfortunately, no SUP pump or kayak paddle on sale.
I just started skating and after didn't want to spend a lot on my first pair. After watching some reviews on youtube I opted for the MF500. Here is the link:
https://www.decathlon.ca/en/rollerbladi ... or-8738742
It seems as a common opinion that they are the best value for your money. I already tried them out and they are very comfortable and expert reviewer say that are also quite solid too.
I leave you the link of the review I mostly listened to:
Rakuten was 10% when I ordered them, now it seems to be 5%.
I can also vouch for helmet and protection since in decathlon price range you don't really have a lot of choices.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3650 posts
4937 upvotes
Oakville
frogger wrote: Quality of their clothing/footwear etc is fine, it is not for enthusiasts, similar to mountain warehouse for example. Some pieces will be surprisingly good, others not so much. Their $600+ bikes are very good value.
LoL they are leagues ahead of mountain Warehouse. What the hell are you talking about?

We are so lucky they came to Canada.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Jan 3, 2010
87 posts
16 upvotes
Windsor/chatham
Great deals for sure. and store return makes it easier for me incase the size is off.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2533 posts
1496 upvotes
Markham
their tennis racquets are starting to get really good reviews and recently some pro started to pick them up.
50% cheaper than the big major brands
Mar 16, 2018
973 posts
1217 upvotes
Hamilton
Here's a couple items that are a must-buy.

Trek 100 Down Jacket - it's a competitor to the iconic Mountain Hardwear Ghost Whisperer for a fraction of the price https://www.decathlon.ca/en/jackets-hik ... lsize-200s - It's the perfect packable warm layer for hiking or camping in the spring or fall. Very warm and weights very little! I've used it for a lot of alpine climbs:
292097306_10227046674375924_3869233237295026896_n.jpg

Trek 100 Padded Jacket - a less warm synthetic alternative to the above jacket, it's essentially a competitor to the Arc'Teryx Atom jacket. Very cheap and excellent value for spring/fall or cool summer nights. https://www.decathlon.ca/en/down-jacket ... ID=2941487

MH 120 Fleece - Just a well-designed warm fleece for pennies on the dollar. https://www.decathlon.ca/en/hiking-vest ... ID=4321893

MH500 Fleece - It's decathlon's polar fleece alternative. Think Patagonia's R1 etc. Very good quality and warm for a fraction of the price. https://www.decathlon.ca/en/hiking-vest ... ID=2425666

Just got back from 40 days hiking on the Pacific Crest Trail, so I hope you can trust my advice that these are all great quality technical items! Every French guy I met was decked out in Decathlon clothing. Their packs are a little too heavy for technical hiking and their cooksets/tents/etc are more focused on car camping, but their clothing is very legit. If you're looking to get kittted-out for a 2 day backpacking trip, you could throw together an entire pack for a couple hundreds dollars, which would be impossible at MEC.