Decathlon opens in the GTA July 10th

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2020 12:41 pm
[OP]
Nov 21, 2008
760 posts
318 upvotes

Decathlon opens in the GTA July 10th

First Decathlon location in the GTA opens tomorrow at Mapleview shopping centre.

The large Vaughan Mills location hopefully will be open in the coming months, as well as their future expansion to the actual city of Toronto.

As a sport and recreation enthusiast, this is definitely welcome news.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2012
2767 posts
4516 upvotes
Toronto
Terrible timing for another major sporting goods retailer. Right when it looks like SAIL and MEC are on the brink, and Sportchek is likely to shutter up some shops too.
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
14731 posts
19606 upvotes
Vancouver
ozzie16 wrote: Terrible timing for another major sporting goods retailer. Right when it looks like SAIL and MEC are on the brink, and Sportchek is likely to shutter up some shops too.
Might be just the right time. Decathlon could move right in to MEC's locations if MEC goes under.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
8121 posts
3908 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
Kiraly wrote: Might be just the right time. Decathlon could move right in to MEC's locations if MEC goes under.

I dunno about Decathlon's M.O. here re: rent but I suspect MEC's location is too pricey. Generally like to go where rent is cheap, and invest very little in store decorations (more like a pop-up).
I smile when I see container ships sailing past my house laden with stuff made in China