[Deceim] Deceim / The Ordinary - 23% Off Everything

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2020 2:59 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2003
1415 posts
442 upvotes
North York
henrik112 wrote: Anyone have any good recommendations of products for a guy with dry skin and acne?
My son and I both have bad acne at times, and since we started using the Ordinary Buffet serum, our acne is overall better (though not completely gone). That little 30 ml bottle lasts a long time, as you only need a few drops to cover your whole face.

If your skin is dry, get a good gentle facial cleanser and only wash twice a day at the most, and then moisturize right away before all the water evaporates from your skin.

I've tried countless other non-comedogenic creams from the big acne brands like Cetaphil, Spectro, Cera Ve and they all seem to flare up my acne. Only these serums seem to be light enough for my face.

Thx OP for the post, will be ordering more Buffet.
Last edited by royaljelly on Nov 1st, 2020 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
4019 posts
1553 upvotes
Ottawa
henrik112 wrote: Anyone have any good recommendations of products for a guy with dry skin and acne?
PM me
Banned
Oct 26, 2020
7 posts
28 upvotes
Damn.. how is this sale going to last the whole month with so much items out of stock already :(
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1653 posts
2649 upvotes
Canada, eh?
Have the same issue. Been on Nivea Purifying Toner, Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%, and Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA for the past year and it's been going along really well. Still get the occasional 1 acne that pops up randomly, but that only happens maybe once every two months or so.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2014
5486 posts
2515 upvotes
I've only used the thing for puffy eyes and it works great.

Too bad their product names are so confusing for a guy. Can anyone recommend a set of 5 products for a guy in his 30s, no acne, dry skin?
Dec 21, 2006
36 posts
2 upvotes
York
Awesome, just placed an order! Perfect timing as I was going to place an order from Sephora but just discovered that “The Ordinary” products are exempt from any discount codes...
Aug 7, 2018
8 posts
1 upvote
This is awesome news, I recently got into The Ordinary product and I have red sensitive/dry skin and oily T-zone. I got the natural moisturizer and the Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 as my AM routine and use the Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 and cold press rose seed at night and my skin has gotten way better after a couple days of use.
Personally I would recommend to check out the regimen guide under the ordinary for people who are new and dont know what to get. At the end of the page it will have guide examples, it will also show what items can mix together etc.
Dec 21, 2006
36 posts
2 upvotes
York
Aside from dryness, are you targeting anything else?anti-aging, fine lines/wrinkles, hyperpigmentation? Do you have sensitive skin? I’m assuming you already have a cleanser and moisturizer in your skincare arsenal so I suggest researching the following:

Buffet (peptide serum for anti-aging )
Marine Hyaluronic (attracts moisture)
Direct Acid for Anti-aging (Retinol, Lactic etc.)
Vitamin C for brightening
Oils

Also check out the website for more info. You can also contact Deceim and they can suggest a skincare regimen based on your needs.

Hope this helps!
Sep 15, 2018
81 posts
118 upvotes
I used a bunch of NIOD and The Ordinary stuff and felt like they really didn't do anything for me. Been using prescription tretinoin for the past year instead, I just might go for the Hylamide SubQ series (when they restock) or the NIOD MMHC2 again to combat all the dryness.
Jul 27, 2010
484 posts
124 upvotes
I bought a bunch of things just last month :facepalm: if only I remembered the November sale
Oct 8, 2018
285 posts
381 upvotes
Deciem is back with their November sale, as similar to last year. The sale of 23% off on all items is valid until Nov 30.
Note: No promo code is required during purchase, all item prices are already marked down by 23%. However, there is a limit of 2-5 per customer i.e. account (not per order) to prevent bulk ordering I believe (since the sale goes on the whole November).

Deciem Website link - https://deciem.com/
Promotion details - https://deciem.com/knowvember

Last year thread is here for anyone looking for suggestions/ reviews on buying anything available on their website.
I like to shop early and l am loving it; good thing is many items are still available/ in stock (considering their popularity from last year).

Bought a few for my wife, and I am all set for another year. Good luck!

If you accidentally remove the promotion offer during checkout, just logout and log back in and promotion price will be reflected again (you cannot add any promo code for 23% off I guess).

Deciem_November2020_Promotion.jpg

Deciem_Order_Nov2020.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9270 posts
7640 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Placed 2 separate orders and both arrived today.
Thanks OP!
May 7, 2015
242 posts
47 upvotes
North York, ON
Wow that is fast delivery. I ordered Nov 1st but still haven't received it. It says processing when I check online.
Oct 19, 2010
99 posts
37 upvotes
yesstyle wrote: anyone here order the powder vit C? if so, how do u guys use it?
I mixed a bit with my moisturizer in the daytime. For sure need to put sunscreen after
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6428 posts
1577 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Colk wrote: I mixed a bit with my moisturizer in the daytime. For sure need to put sunscreen after
do you know if this will mix well with oils? I feel like night time is best for this and i use oils at night. Morning i use Hyaluronic acid and niacinamide
Oct 19, 2010
99 posts
37 upvotes
yesstyle wrote: do you know if this will mix well with oils? I feel like night time is best for this and i use oils at night. Morning i use Hyaluronic acid and niacinamide
I don't think it will dissolve in oils. You will need to mix in something that is water-based. Maybe you can contact their customer service to double check.