Cell Phones

Decent Fido financing price for Google Pixel 5?

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2021 9:34 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
20920 posts
1198 upvotes
Shanghai, China

Decent Fido financing price for Google Pixel 5?

I typically buy my phone outright, but I just noticed this pricing for the Pixel 5 in my Fido account. $0 down and $25/month after bill credit (whatever that means). Is this a good deal?
5 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19978 posts
9405 upvotes
Oakville
All in you're looking at $600+tax for the phone. So $200 off retail I guess? Bill credit just means that they charge you the full monthly financing amount for the phone on your bill, then apply a credit to the same bill to bring the effective price you're paying down to $25/mo. They do that so that if you close your account before your 24 months are up, you're still on the hook for paying the remainder of full retail price.
Nov 5, 2006
262 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
It’s not terrible. I’ve been watching myself to see if Fido has any deals, but it’s pretty quiet right now. I was able to get my son an XR for $5 a month last month and hope to see something similar again.

If the pixel drops to $15 I’ll get it.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
20920 posts
1198 upvotes
Shanghai, China
wearysky wrote: All in you're looking at $600+tax for the phone. So $200 off retail I guess? Bill credit just means that they charge you the full monthly financing amount for the phone on your bill, then apply a credit to the same bill to bring the effective price you're paying down to $25/mo. They do that so that if you close your account before your 24 months are up, you're still on the hook for paying the remainder of full retail price.
It’s already May and I’m definitely not interested paying full price for a P5. I’m surprised Google hasn’t had a sale so far. I don’t think even the P4s were discounted either.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2009
2501 posts
205 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
the Pixel 5 on Google Store website, I see $799+tax so this seems like a reasonable offer.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
1312 posts
77 upvotes
Montreal
It's an "okay" offer.

During the Black Friday, I got the Pixel 5 with Virgin at 23$ per month + 175$ giftcard + 5$ credit for 24 months.

Personnaly, if it's still possible to wait another 6 month I'd wait for the Pixel 6 on the next Black Friday.