• Jun 23rd, 2016 9:21 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
3674 posts
2028 upvotes

Defective Galaxy S7 camera?

I picked up a new Galaxy S7 last week. One of the main reasons I wanted to get the S7 was the supposedly amazing new camera that could do low light.
I just noticed that my pics have the "orange blob" effect. I haven't seen this since my Nokia candybar phone days. You can see it in both low light and
bright shots. Although it shows more in low light of course. It shows with both the front and back camera which is strange. They're 2 different sensors.
I can't imagine both sensors are defective. I'm suspecting this might be a design flaw. Haven't found anyone else mentioning this though.

Can anyone else with an S7 check theirs?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1we95r7iw7to ... HkSia?dl=0
7 replies
Jan 13, 2012
246 posts
36 upvotes
Those pics look completely normal to me. I don't see anything weird.

I have the s7 edge, and the camera is awesome
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
3674 posts
2028 upvotes
Look at the bathroom shot. You can see the center circle is orange. You have to look harder at the wall shot but it's there too.
Nov 1, 2004
678 posts
66 upvotes
York
shutterbug wrote: I picked up a new Galaxy S7 last week. One of the main reasons I wanted to get the S7 was the supposedly amazing new camera that could do low light.
I just noticed that my pics have the "orange blob" effect. I haven't seen this since my Nokia candybar phone days. You can see it in both low light and
bright shots. Although it shows more in low light of course. It shows with both the front and back camera which is strange. They're 2 different sensors.
I can't imagine both sensors are defective. I'm suspecting this might be a design flaw. Haven't found anyone else mentioning this though.

Can anyone else with an S7 check theirs?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1we95r7iw7to ... HkSia?dl=0
Are you using flash? Using auto mode? I didn't see anything abnormal either.
Oct 2, 2014
212 posts
35 upvotes
New Westminster
It will be easier to spot any "defects" if you take the photo of the same wall with a different camera and post them for comparison.

The wall looks ok but I do see 2 different tones on the wall. It could be the wall itself and not the camera.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
3674 posts
2028 upvotes
It's easier to spot defects if you use the same camera and take pics of 2 different walls. Which is what I did.
Oct 2, 2014
212 posts
35 upvotes
New Westminster
shutterbug wrote: It's easier to spot defects if you use the same camera and take pics of 2 different walls. Which is what I did.
If you say so. If there is a defect, it will be seen on both photos from the same camera.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)