133 upvotes
Montr

Degoo 10TB Cloud storage LIFETIME 99.99$

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Degoo
Is there something i'm missing here ? 99.99$
Anyone has a review or comments on Degoo? Just googling a bit and they seem to have problems for speedy uploads or large files... but never tried!
Images
  • degoo.png
14 replies
May 5, 2015
333 posts
225 upvotes
GVA
With all the freebies this company has been giving away I don't think they will last very long..
They have an in app offer were they reward you with 500mb of free space for every ad you watch. It was 1gb when I first signed up.
Im up to 2tb of free space now Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2139 posts
552 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Sounds like one of those quick money making scheme...until it closes down and all your data is gone with it.
[solicitation removed]
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2992 posts
1752 upvotes
Vancouver
Not sure how long they have being around but odds are they might close out after a couple months and you will end up losing your data. Better off either setting up your own network drive/cloud or use google drive/apple cloud just cause they are less likely to disappear on you.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
1794 posts
672 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
If you do use this.. use it only as a backup.
That is... have another copy of your data somewhere else.

Might be useful as a NAS backup, because there don’t seem to be very many economical options for that.
This space for rent.
Nov 23, 2004
37 posts
16 upvotes
KW Area
I'd have to agree with others who say it'll only be good while it lasts. I've run numbers on cloud storage across pretty much every large provider out there while I was looking for a solution to backup several TB of photos and videos I've created over the years and Degoo is definitely losing money big time at that price, even if they're using the cheapest of providers out there for their back-end. Even if they weren't using something like AWS or B2 in the background and were buying their own drives and servers, it would be a total loss too because 10TB of data centre grade drives is far more than a two digit price tag to buy (closer to four digits).

Reviews of Degoo also regularly note data loss, and support that is hardly responsive at all (they were taken off my list early on when comparing providers). Wouldn't surprise me if it ends up like another Zools, where over time they'll suddenly start stripping away all the freebies the service offers and slowly increasing prices when they realize it isn't a sustainable business model.
Jun 18, 2016
194 posts
442 upvotes
mindabsence wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 8:28 am
I'd have to agree with others who say it'll only be good while it lasts. I've run numbers on cloud storage across pretty much every large provider out there while I was looking for a solution to backup several TB of photos and videos I've created over the years and Degoo is definitely losing money big time at that price, even if they're using the cheapest of providers out there for their back-end. Even if they weren't using something like AWS or B2 in the background and were buying their own drives and servers, it would be a total loss too because 10TB of data centre grade drives is far more than a two digit price tag to buy (closer to four digits).

Reviews of Degoo also regularly note data loss, and support that is hardly responsive at all (they were taken off my list early on when comparing providers). Wouldn't surprise me if it ends up like another Zools, where over time they'll suddenly start stripping away all the freebies the service offers and slowly increasing prices when they realize it isn't a sustainable business model.
You really think everyone who uses cloud storage goes to capacity? Even if they spent $300 on 10TB worth of drives, they're banking on the fact that most people don't have 10TB worth of stuff. Most people probably don't have 500GB worth of stuff they want to backup, so they're fitting 20 people on a drive.
Nov 23, 2004
37 posts
16 upvotes
KW Area
MooseV2 wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 8:33 am
You really think everyone who uses cloud storage goes to capacity?
Never said I think that at all.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
1678 posts
1146 upvotes
Kitchener
Price is in USD or CAD?
Gaming: i5 4570, GTX 1070 8gb, 16GB RAM
Media: i5 6400, GTX 1070 8gb, 16GB RAM
Everyday: i5 6400, GTX 1060 6gb, 8GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
1894 posts
1502 upvotes
Many valid concerns brought up by posters above, but I wonder why nobody mentioned the huge "elephant in the room", namely the fact that all your files uploaded to Degoo will be data-mined from the servers located in the People's Republic of China!!!
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2017
1167 posts
498 upvotes
GTA
Anything on stack social or it's rebranded portals should be taken with a grain of salt when it says lifetime. You also have to treat the service like they will lose your data to hackers or just straight up data loss. I have a couple of lifetime purchases, but these were early on when companies were directly offering service rather than resellers like degoo.
Information Security Analyst
---
Fido $15/3GB + voip.ms $1/M + 3cx PBX voip push client $0 + Google Server vps $0 = $16/Month voip solution with no battery drain.
Thread
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
21641 posts
7542 upvotes
bachibusuc wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 11:32 pm
Is there something i'm missing here ?
Not right now, but your data will be in a few months.
ahoroba wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 8:48 am
Many valid concerns brought up by posters above, but I wonder why nobody mentioned the huge "elephant in the room", namely the fact that all your files uploaded to Degoo will be data-mined from the servers located in the People's Republic of China!!!
I mean... anything you put in the cloud should be encrypted anyway.
Mine all you want. All you're seeing is garbage.
Jul 16, 2016
34 posts
10 upvotes
I have the 3tb lifetime deal. Been happy with the service. I use it as a 3rd backup for my encrypted bkups and syncing photos from phone (not encrypted by me).
As others have mentioned don't make this your primary.