• Oct 11th, 2017 10:14 am
[OP]
Dec 30, 2009
197 posts
28 upvotes
Montreal

Delayed luggage and stolen items

Hi,
I have family that went on a trip and just came back with Air Canada. 2 of their 4 luggage were delayed and they only received them 2 days and 4 days later. Some things also disappeared from one luggage (a couple of boxes of medicine and a couple of clothing items).

What's the best recourse in order to get compensation from Air Canada?

Sadly, the tickets were booked with a CC that did not have delayed luggage, etc.. insurance.

Thank you
3 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1971 posts
858 upvotes
HK
Where did they travel from, Canada, US, etc..?
Was it an Air Canada, Air Canada Express, or code-share (e.g. United) flight?

I've been in that situation and the compensation from AC was rather low, luckily I had travel insurance which covers baggage delays/stolen items and I have always came out ahead.
Aug 29, 2017
585 posts
2156 upvotes
Got a late suitcase with Austrian airlines once, and the only thing missing was... a bag of popcorn - funnier still, they took 1 bag of popcorn from a 10-pack Orville Redenbacker box! Laughing, sad, and indifferent all at the same time. Wasn't worth it to file a complain.
“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do."― John Ruskin