• Jun 29th, 2016 11:32 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 15, 2016
130 posts
5 upvotes

delete

Last edited by abcde12345 on Mar 18th, 2020 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
13 replies
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36192 posts
10340 upvotes
Ottawa
The only "free" baggage nowadays is if you are traveling business class.
Any other class you pay for the bags.
There are only 3 options for YYZ to YOW so it should not be difficult for you to go to their websites and find out what the baggage charge is or...pick up the phone.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8862 posts
3356 upvotes
Toronto
Have status in AC and you get free checked baggage.
Banned
Jun 8, 2008
3977 posts
1415 upvotes
Toronto
Arrgh wrote: Have status in AC and you get free checked baggage.
Do you think if they had status in AC, they'd have to ask this question?!

I'd just look at the various airlines and price it out yourself OP. Or consider VIA Rail.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8862 posts
3356 upvotes
Toronto
wirebound wrote: Do you think if they had status in AC, they'd have to ask this question?!

I'd just look at the various airlines and price it out yourself OP. Or consider VIA Rail.
The OP asked a question, I answered it. Why is that difficult for you to understand.

There are people who have status but don't know what they offer.
Banned
Jun 8, 2008
3977 posts
1415 upvotes
Toronto
Arrgh wrote: The OP asked a question, I answered it. Why is that difficult for you to understand.

There are people who have status but don't know what they offer.
Woah, didn't quite expect that reaction - sorry, didn't mean to offend! Was just trying to suggest that if they travelled often enough to have status on AC, they'd probably not need to post the question at all on RFD. I'm surprised that people wouldn't know what their status would include.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2209 posts
405 upvotes
fly air canada
check in 24 hours ahead
take the $150-200 upgrade
since first bag will be $25 and subsequent will be $75, that's already $100
for the extra AQM/lounge access/leg room for 15 mins etc is your best bet.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1967 posts
858 upvotes
HK
OP must be lazy to ask ppl to do a (simple) search for him..
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
2379 posts
793 upvotes
Whitehorse
The airlines who fly up North tend to have generous luggage allowances. But the ticket thither and back will cost you...

Why fly from Toronto to Ottawa? Take the bus or the train, or a ride share if money is of the issue.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3469 posts
678 upvotes
Toronto
wirebound wrote: Woah, didn't quite expect that reaction - sorry, didn't mean to offend! Was just trying to suggest that if they travelled often enough to have status on AC, they'd probably not need to post the question at all on RFD. I'm surprised that people wouldn't know what their status would include.
99% of the people with status know exactly what they are entitled to. This is the first year that my husband no longer has status.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3469 posts
678 upvotes
Toronto
c_snapper wrote: fly air canada
check in 24 hours ahead
take the $150-200 upgrade
since first bag will be $25 and subsequent will be $75, that's already $100
for the extra AQM/lounge access/leg room for 15 mins etc is your best bet.
In my experience simply upgrading would not entitle a person to enter a lounge - unless they had paid for a fare that entitled him/her to buy a lounge pass or had status that would allow entry to the lounge regardless - or had lounge passes and/or a Maple Leaf Lounge card.

This may have changed but I would check with Air Canada/West Jet directly.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2209 posts
405 upvotes
Blanche123 wrote: In my experience simply upgrading would not entitle a person to enter a lounge - unless they had paid for a fare that entitled him/her to buy a lounge pass or had status that would allow entry to the lounge regardless - or had lounge passes and/or a Maple Leaf Lounge card.

This may have changed but I would check with Air Canada/West Jet directly.
If OP opts to pay for an upgrade (when offered at check-in, as i'm suggesting) it'll definitely entitle him access to the lounge.