• Last Updated:
  • Oct 2nd, 2016 6:53 am
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2008
4045 posts
27 upvotes

Delete

Delete
Last edited by henrycao8 on Oct 10th, 2016 7:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6759 posts
1499 upvotes
It depends how your program is set up but 2-4 days could get the job done.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1093 upvotes
general fitness would be 2-3 days, any more and it'll be MORE than general fitness.

I've never heard of anyone going to the gym more than 3 days a week for 'general fitness'
Oct 19, 2014
792 posts
98 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Depends on your standards of 'general fitness'. Most people who are serious prefer breaking up different days for specific body parts e.g:
Day 1: Chest/Back
Day 2: Shoulders/Legs
Day 3: Biceps/Triceps
Day 4: Off
(Repeat cycle)

That's just one of the ways to do it, some do 3 on 1 off, some do 5 on 2 off (focusing on 1 body part/day) etc etc. If you just want to get in there and burn some calories and lift random weights then at least 3-4 days per week should do it.
Jul 3, 2016
127 posts
215 upvotes
henrycao8 wrote: I am lucky that our company has a gym downstairs so I often go there for 30-40 minutes before work to do some moderate-intensity strength training. I see some people who go there almost everyday and others maybe once a week. In terms of strength training frequency and duration, and with the goal of targeting for general fitness, what is an "optimal range"?
This is such a personal question. There have been studies that have shown once per week has produced results and others that have shown everyday.

If you're want results do not worry about the best routine, figure out the routine that will allow you to be consistent because consistency produces results.
Owner and Founder of Canadian Protein

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)