[OP]
Deal Addict
May 23, 2014
1273 posts
871 upvotes
canada

Delete

Delete
Last edited by DroNBA on Oct 26th, 2022 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
21 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2002
2924 posts
330 upvotes
Nations Capital
Bestbuy has the Seagate 8TB External Hub drive on sale again for $199 this time. so a bit more expensive but not to bad, if you missed out before.

On sale now!

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/se ... e_Hardware

Says its an early BD deal, but deal expires on the 24th? So maybe a better deal on the 26th?
Now Heat ENABLED :)
-----------
Who Are You? - What Do You Want? - Why Are You Here? - Where Are You Going?
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 23, 2014
1273 posts
871 upvotes
canada
Calmuser wrote: Bestbuy has the Seagate 8TB External Hub drive on sale again for $199 this time. so a bit more expensive but not to bad, if you missed out before.

On sale now!

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/se ... e_Hardware

Says its an early BD deal, but deal expires on the 24th? So maybe a better deal on the 26th?
I'm too weary of seagate . They got a very bad rep that's warranted. WD didn't have any under $120 deals during BF
Dec 29, 2005
385 posts
109 upvotes
Victoria
Best Buy having the 3TB WD Passport at $120 right now is lame. It's always goes "on sale" at that price.
Feb 22, 2011
172 posts
114 upvotes
Richmond Hill
thesick wrote: I'm too weary of seagate . They got a very bad rep that's warranted. WD didn't have any under $120 deals during BF
Apparently, they've been doing a better job with their internals recently, or so I've heard. That said, WD's pricing is no longer at a premium: I picked up a WD 1 TB Blue for $49.99 during BF week.

Anyhoo, is it even worth getting a ready-made external, as opposed to an enclosure?
Jul 30, 2008
931 posts
50 upvotes
Hi guys, I bought the WD Passport 2TB for $99.99 from BB yesterday. Does anyone know of a better deal (more space for the same price or lower cost for same space) either right now or that there should be something a lot better on Boxing Day? Wondering if I should open the box, since BB apparently doesn't take back computer components if opened.

I don't care about colour, and I wouldn't be opposed to spending maybe another $10-15 if it'll add a significant amount of extra storage to it. I do realise if I go a decent amount higher that I can get more GB per dollar spent, I'm just trying to keep it around the $100 or lower mark, but if there's something really close that adds a lot of space for only a bit of money, I'd be ok with it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 23, 2014
1273 posts
871 upvotes
canada
Alceister wrote: Apparently, they've been doing a better job with their internals recently, or so I've heard. That said, WD's pricing is no longer at a premium: I picked up a WD 1 TB Blue for $49.99 during BF week.

Anyhoo, is it even worth getting a ready-made external, as opposed to an enclosure?
49.99 From where ?

tribe1689 wrote: Hi guys, I bought the WD Passport 2TB for $99.99 from BB yesterday. Does anyone know of a better deal (more space for the same price or lower cost for same space) either right now or that there should be something a lot better on Boxing Day? Wondering if I should open the box, since BB apparently doesn't take back computer components if opened.

I don't care about colour, and I wouldn't be opposed to spending maybe another $10-15 if it'll add a significant amount of extra storage to it. I do realise if I go a decent amount higher that I can get more GB per dollar spent, I'm just trying to keep it around the $100 or lower mark, but if there's something really close that adds a lot of space for only a bit of money, I'd be ok with it.
I've seen 4TB for $119.99 a week or two ago. BF u may be able to get a 2TB for 79.99-89.99

I'd not open it.
Feb 22, 2011
172 posts
114 upvotes
Richmond Hill
thesick wrote: 49.99 From where ?
Canada Computers had WD Blue 1TB internal HDD for 49.99 during Black Friday. I'm planning on mounting it in an external enclosure.
Nov 16, 2014
78 posts
13 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
thesick wrote: 49.99 From where ?

I've seen 4TB for $119.99 a week or two ago. BF u may be able to get a 2TB for 79.99-89.99

I'd not open it.
I bought a 4TB external (which I immediately shucked) for 109.99 from Best Buy sometime in August or September. They can get pretty low in price.
Jul 30, 2008
931 posts
50 upvotes

I'd not open it.
Where should I be looking for this kind of price? Best Buy? Or was it somewhere else? I have been out of the computer component buying space for like half a decade now, don't know where to look anymore, lol. NCIX used to have the best deals back in the day, and they're gone now.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4497 posts
3406 upvotes
Edmonton
tribe1689 wrote: Hi guys, I bought the WD Passport 2TB for $99.99 from BB yesterday. Does anyone know of a better deal (more space for the same price or lower cost for same space) either right now or that there should be something a lot better on Boxing Day? Wondering if I should open the box, since BB apparently doesn't take back computer components if opened.

The Source had this for $83.99 but the sale ended on December 14th. I picked one up and was surprised at the low price because not even Amazon had, at any time, a price matching or lower than this.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
4516 posts
4884 upvotes
Whitby
thesick wrote: I'm too weary of seagate . They got a very bad rep that's warranted. WD didn't have any under $120 deals during BF
Smart man. May as well flush 8TB of data down toilet. Seagates have a very bad rep.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
3278 posts
450 upvotes
So avoid Seagate and go towards WD? Haven't bought a new HD in ages so no idea what to get or avoid. Need to get an external for my son's Xbox One, any particular brand or size recommended?
Jan 1, 2006
49 posts
6 upvotes
it looks like some of the black friday flyers are out now.

is there much of a difference between these two drives?
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/we ... 82129.aspx?
https://www.amazon.ca/Elements-Portable ... 257&sr=8-1

sort of hoping for the 4tb/100$ deal that was on for black friday but haven't noticed anything in the flyers yet. my big project for january is going thru all of our old vhs and hi-8 home movies and backing them up to digital, so i'm looking for an external hard drive to store all of that data on.
Jan 12, 2017
148 posts
159 upvotes
vancouver
Is my passport better than WD element in terms of long term storage?
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
1136 posts
814 upvotes
Toronto
I saw the following on Staples BD flyer...

1. Seagate 2tb portable at $79.92, page 1
2. Seagate 4tb portable at $120 on page 4
3. Seagate 8tb backup pc drive at $180 on page 9
rajojomanik
Jun 12, 2008
19 posts
6 upvotes
I'm surprised by such crappy deals this year:(
Looks like Costco's everyday price of $136.99 for WD My Passport 4TB is the best one around..