[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2010
1841 posts
902 upvotes
Moon

delete this

delete this
Last edited by Applesmack on Jun 28th, 2018 9:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Share:
5 replies
Feb 12, 2008
211 posts
191 upvotes
Toronto
Is this rental or lease? And which pipes are you referring to supply or waste?
Apr 29, 2017
281 posts
93 upvotes
This won't be a court cars he is just intimidating the tenant. Unless the plumber can falsify evidence but even that is pretty unlikely. If it does go to court I would not worry
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2010
1841 posts
902 upvotes
Moon
MrCeddy wrote: Is this rental or lease? And which pipes are you referring to supply or waste?
It was water not poo so supply (I think? not sure. It floods when he would flush). This is a legal rental unit on a 12 month lease.
Feb 12, 2008
211 posts
191 upvotes
Toronto
Applesmack wrote: It was water not poo so supply (I think? not sure. It floods when he would flush). This is a legal rental unit on a 12 month lease.
The supply line is always pressurized so i'm not sure how flushing the toilet can cause it to leak. As long as you I mean your friend did not replace the toilet your/himself I believe your fine. Unless the toilet was progressively getting worse and your failed to report it, even so thats hard to prove.

Anything your landlord requests, should be done via email so a paper trail exist.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2010
1841 posts
902 upvotes
Moon
MrCeddy wrote: The supply line is always pressurized so i'm not sure how flushing the toilet can cause it to leak. As long as you I mean your friend did not replace the toilet your/himself I believe your fine. Unless the toilet was progressively getting worse and your failed to report it, even so thats hard to prove.

Anything your landlord requests, should be done via email so a paper trail exist.
Friend didn't do anything to his toilet and it same toilet that came with rental unit. I also told my friend not to fall to the Landlord's intimidation on how much fees my friend will have to pay once he loses the court case and he should just pay the damages now. Glad to hear I'm not crazy in thinking that he is not at fault. Thank you for your help.