• Mar 22nd, 2021 12:46 pm
[OP]
Aug 2, 2015
271 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto

delete

delete
Last edited by ysg103907 on Mar 22nd, 2021 10:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thread Summary
Want more options? Take a look at RFD Reviews' list of the the top 5 projectors for your home and backyard!
45 replies
Oct 7, 2020
89 posts
145 upvotes
I bought this recently, ask me if you have any questions!

When I was buying I wasn’t able to add both free items to the cart, cart was giving me the refund for only 1 item instead of 2. I spoke with Amazon Customer Service and she couldn’t do anything.
I bought as is and send message to seller. He later sent me screen and bag for projector. I have Projector, bag, tripod and a screen :)

I bought this one for ~$125
Bomaker HD 1080P Projector, 150 ANSI Lumen WiFi Mini LED Smart TV Projectors, Portable Wireless Outdoor Movies & Gaming Projector, 300" Display, Compatible with iPhone, Android, TV Stick, PS4 https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08LQNCBSF/ref ... UTF8&psc=1
Last edited by Dollarr on Mar 3rd, 2021 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2569 posts
3318 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I bought this projector (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B086JG966 ... asin_image) for $123 a few weeks back, came with "free" projector screen (no more than a table cloth with rivets), case, and bluetooth dongle. I ended up returning the dongle and screen, Amazon refunded me for the "free" screen and dongle, so all in paid about $42 for the projector and case, it's ok, but no way is it worth more than $100. I know it's a different projector but these "no name" projectors are all pretty much the same, you shouldn't spend more than $100.
Last edited by remik on Mar 3rd, 2021 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1342 posts
1048 upvotes
Gatineau
PSA: Do not but these Chinese projectors. They are trash, and if they aren't trash when they come out the box, they will be trash soon enough. 300 ANSI lumens is basically what you can get out of a pico projector nowadays. You will also have to deal with a lens that does not completely focus, possible burnt screens after little use, dust under the lens. I know this from hands on experience.
Maybe I can build a house with all the boxes from stuff I've bought off RFD
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1342 posts
1048 upvotes
Gatineau
PSA: Do not but these Chinese projectors. They are trash, and if they aren't trash when they come out the box, they will be trash soon enough. 300 ANSI lumens is basically what you can get out of a pico projector nowadays. You will also have to deal with a lens that does not completely focus, possible burnt screens after little use, dust under the lens. I know this from hands on experience.
Maybe I can build a house with all the boxes from stuff I've bought off RFD
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2008
1384 posts
305 upvotes
These are mediocre.
Good for a cottage to play a movie on a rainy day for kids or occasional movie.

I bought one of these (Bomaker) back in June 2020, paid 170$ Used for 1hr total.
Trying to get rid of it for 100$ lol
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1253 posts
709 upvotes
Bomker and their other brand CalmDo are some of the worst companies you can do business with. The reviews are guaranteed incentivized and they are notorious for not honoring their warranties.
As others have said, Chinese projectors are crap anyways, brands like Bomaker, Dr J, Victsing, etc are junk. the stated lumens are made-up fantasies, sharpness is a joke. I have tried them and none of them beats my 11 year old benq do yourself a favor and buy are a reputable brand.
[*]
Mar 2, 2021
1 posts
4 upvotes
A friend of mine got this project for free by giving a fake review. Don't trust these Chinese products, most of these reviews are fake. It's cheap for sure, but would be a waste of 200$ if it doesn't last.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
4807 posts
1604 upvotes
Kingston
These are good for the kids, or using for Halloween decorations, maybe an outdoor movie viewing. Don't expect to use it as your main screen. Quality is ok but not that great. I'm sure they don't last long either.

Btw don't trust any of the reviews. They are fake

This is the one I got:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08D6HFS1N
Screenshot_20210303_095638_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
Sep 15, 2019
148 posts
362 upvotes
orleans
Buy a used 720p projector from Optima, Epson, etc for $200 or less. Be patient and try to find one from someone who has replaced the lamp recently.

That's the best option in this price range. You will get better brightness, contrast, and reliability.

You might be able to get a 1080p one if you're really lucky.
I will tell my grandchildren about the deal I got on an HP Touchpad at the Bank street staples thanks to rfding.
Sep 26, 2013
145 posts
101 upvotes
Winnipeg
If you are going to buy one of these crappy projectors at least buy this one:
Jinhoo Mini Projector
It is one of the few I've seen where the shared pics and videos don't look like crap.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2003
6657 posts
359 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Is this really 300 lumens? Seems implausible.
even if it is 300 lumens, that is a useless level for a projector unless you are in total darkness

"For home theater projectors where ambient light is kept to a minimum, you'll need a minimum of 1500 lumens. For classrooms, conference rooms or rooms with windows, a projector with a minimum of 2500 lumens is best."
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
18380 posts
20958 upvotes
bionicbadger wrote: even if it is 300 lumens, that is a useless level for a projector unless you are in total darkness

"For home theater projectors where ambient light is kept to a minimum, you'll need a minimum of 1500 lumens. For classrooms, conference rooms or rooms with windows, a projector with a minimum of 2500 lumens is best."
I'm saying that's impossibly low. Seems unlikely unless the projector is complete garbage, and reviews say otherwise.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)