Automotive

Delete

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2021 7:27 pm
Banned
Mar 7, 2007
5347 posts
3010 upvotes
notenoughsleep wrote: Not many high-end sports cars have manual any more. Porsche and Aston Martin are the only 2 I can think of right now.
I know, and I recognize these high end cars with auto transmissions offer amazing performance.

But I wouldn't buy one. So in the hypothetical situation of choosing between a Ferrari and a Porsche, it is a manual transmission Porsche all the way. At least for me.

Important to note than even when Ferrari used to make manual transmissions, they were not the best (according to many reviewers).
353 upvotes
motomondo wrote: Important to note than even when Ferrari used to make manual transmissions, they were not the best (according to many reviewers).
Doesn't matter, they were gated.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
9675 posts
9206 upvotes
georgecantstandya wrote: Nah, that title belongs to the California. The dumbest car Ferrari has ever put out and they still sold a lot of them to entry-level clientele.

https://drivetribe.com/p/the-story-behi ... jzqRGZ9jGA
California has been replaced by Portofino.

Roma = Cayman
Portofino = Boxster

Given Portofino is the 1st Ferrari with full Chinese menu in their infotainment system, you know who they are after.
Kingsmen17 wrote: Turn signals on the steering wheel. Dumbest shit ever
Now Tesla is doing it, it's the future of all cars wants to be.
KevinM56081 wrote: Meh. Slow.
It's entry level. How fast can you make this and still have people desire your top end product?

There is very little gap for these exotic manufacturer to operate now as the world starting to electrify.
Apr 5, 2010
929 posts
203 upvotes
This is the replacement for the Ferrari California, the entry level Ferrari. Seen 3 of these around my neighborhood in the past 2-3 months and I have to saw it just looks garbage. Looks too generic with far too many elements from the Mercedes GT and Jaguar F-type. When I first saw it, I honestly thought it was the new Jaguar F-type. $250k and I had to get into a supercar name off the dealer lot that wasn't Poooorsche GT3, it'd be Mclaren 570s.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2458 posts
1970 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
motomondo wrote: I know, and I recognize these high end cars with auto transmissions offer amazing performance.

But I wouldn't buy one. So in the hypothetical situation of choosing between a Ferrari and a Porsche, it is a manual transmission Porsche all the way. At least for me.

Important to note than even when Ferrari used to make manual transmissions, they were not the best (according to many reviewers).
Lamborghini owes its’ origin to Ferrari clutches after all hehe.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2017
1428 posts
1271 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I'll go with the Alfa 4C instead...
Aug 6, 2017
897 posts
1558 upvotes
Xtrema wrote: Now Tesla is doing it, it's the future of all cars wants to be.
I wouldn't go as far as that. It's just dumb design. When you're turning and signalling, it just makes it confusing especially in roundabouts.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
9675 posts
9206 upvotes
Kingsmen17 wrote: I wouldn't go as far as that. It's just dumb design. When you're turning and signalling, it just makes it confusing especially in roundabouts.
woosh :D
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15131 upvotes
booblehead wrote: I still need to do a 10 yr loan though Weary Face
With you I was thinking more like 3yr (maybe zero)? :P But yeah obviously stick with your Porsche--much better.
notenoughsleep wrote: 100% of the time, I'd take a Porsche GT3/GT3 touring over this
I think anyone in their sane mind would. It seems like this is just for someone that "wants a Ferrari" and has the money to do it; not someone that knows anything about cars. Would love to see the face on some rich 25yr old twitch/youtube girl that buys one and is "so totally frustrated" with using carplay or whatever due to laggyness. Probably make a video about it and get a hundred k plus views too.
Xtrema wrote: California has been replaced by Portofino.

Roma = Cayman
Portofino = Boxster

Given Portofino is the 1st Ferrari with full Chinese menu in their infotainment system, you know who they are after.
Anyone remember the Lamborghini Portofino? :D

(It became the Chrysler Intrepid and LH cars.)