• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2018 9:43 am
[OP]
Jul 1, 2005
475 posts
65 upvotes

delete pls

delete
Last edited by napoleonz on Sep 21st, 2018 6:44 pm, edited 7 times in total.
8 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2009
3849 posts
1850 upvotes
How much snow do you get in a winter storm?
[OP]
Jul 1, 2005
475 posts
65 upvotes
pootza wrote: How much snow do you get in a winter storm?
Ontario snow. I'm working under some limit so there is not a lot of room to raise without reducing the windows too much to a slit. Thus the question. Obviously how to raise it is another question.
Banned
Sep 17, 2018
2 posts
We live in Toronto. Our hometown is in the heart of the Toronto that is, in the YD Square. For the past 1 year, my wife and I were not in our sweet home. We had a one year plan of enjoying our retirement life by going to different places. We went to Paris, Australia and enjoyed a lot.There are a lot of changes in our lifestyles and their. We enjoyed our retirement life very well.Actually, we are planning to come back to our sweet home as well as to our hometown. You guys can now think that in which way will be our sweet home? Now it will be like a ghost house.We have a plan for hiring a maid cleaning service from Toronto. Is this service is worthy? Will they clean completely? Are there any special charges for cleaning the rooftop?If anyone has any information about the service team, please leave a comment on the comment box.
Last edited by WilliamW123 on Sep 20th, 2018 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 15, 2007
5115 posts
2531 upvotes
WilliamW123 wrote: We live in Toronto. Our hometown is in the heart of the Toronto that is, in the YD Square. For the past 1 year, my hubby and I were not in our sweet home. We had a one year plan of enjoying our retirement life by going to different places. We went to Paris, Australia and enjoyed a lot.There are a lot of changes in our lifestyles and their. We enjoyed our retirement life very well.Actually, we are planning to come back to our sweet home as well as to our hometown. You guys can now think that in which way will be our sweet home? Now it will be like a ghost house.We have a plan for hiring a maid cleaning service from Toronto. Is this service is worthy? Will they clean completely? Are there any special charges for cleaning the rooftop?If anyone has any information about the service team, please leave a comment on the comment box.
Obvious spam
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Feb 28, 2018
148 posts
96 upvotes
Waterloo region
napoleonz wrote: I have a basement windows which the bottom sill has a clearance of only 2 inches from outside grade. I am replacing the window now, and at the same time i would like to raise the bottom sill a few inches higher to give it more clearance from outside grade to avoid potential for water issue.

How much clearance is reasonable to avoid water getting?

can you install a window well instead of raising the sill ?

https://www.lowes.ca/window-wells-cover ... 35662.html
Also, the basement wall is cinder block. How would people raise the bottom sill say 3 inches or so? Would I use a few pieces of brick to raise it? Pressure treated wood?
[OP]
Jul 1, 2005
475 posts
65 upvotes
tralexus1 wrote: can you install a window well instead of raising the sill ?
Unfortunately that's not an option now, since it's next to a shared walkway.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15159 posts
16145 upvotes
Oakville
napoleonz wrote: Unfortunately that's not an option now, since it's next to a shared walkway.
How about just a flat plastic cover?
[OP]
Jul 1, 2005
475 posts
65 upvotes
engineered wrote: How about just a flat plastic cover?
Could be i guess. Just that I'm already replacing the window so I do have the opportunity to raise the sill up. So if that works, I don't need to put any 'bandate' solution, that's my thought.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)