• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2021 9:06 pm
62 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2016
1151 posts
1751 upvotes
scarborough
Will update to a Tesla but no one wants to buy my time machine DeLorean, It needs a flux capitator
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
2018 posts
3980 upvotes
explorer11 wrote: Will update to a Tesla but no one wants to buy my time machine DeLorean, It needs a flux capitator
I knew someone who got a DeLorean for his 18th birthday. Totally destroyed it!! But really though, if you can get your hands on a DeLorean and convert it to an EV? That would be EPIC!

BTW - https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a ... confirmed/
Last edited by KenAdams on Jan 9th, 2021 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
$52 25GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Telus EPP Plan - Includes Apple Watch LTE @ NO CHARGE!
BYE BYE ROGERS!
$21.99 1GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Talk/Text Canada - Public Mobile
Fongo. Free CAD Calling.
Nov 25, 2015
179 posts
321 upvotes
Arva, ON
And just a reminder, once this 'sale' is over, if you dislike being forced to be on time of use pricing, you can change to the tiered plan (i.e. same price all day).
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11868 posts
9725 upvotes
Toronto
I think most of us will be saving on things like heating rather than an electric car, thanks though.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2002
3537 posts
1181 upvotes
The flat rate applies to all electricity use, not sure why OP is calling out electric cars in specific. I also thought I somehow went back in time 22 years because Ontario Hydro hasn't existed since before the millennium.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38220 posts
24395 upvotes
Center of Universe
Angultra wrote: I think most of us will be saving on things like heating rather than an electric car, thanks though.
Gas furnace...
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2991 posts
1695 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Gas furnace...
There are probably a lot more households in Ontario that heat (or at least heat water) with electricity than have electric cars...
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14765 posts
2520 upvotes
Toronto
goob3r wrote: The flat rate applies to all electricity use, not sure why OP is calling out electric cars in specific. I also thought I somehow went back in time 22 years because Ontario Hydro hasn't existed since before the millennium.
Good point. I've edited the thread to focus on points more useful for everyone.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
3464 posts
2238 upvotes
Mississauga
Not that I am complaining, but is there a reason for this temporary relief?
Apr 13, 2010
331 posts
724 upvotes
Nothing against OP: this is kind of a reasonable thing to post, but I'm down-voting, because the last thing we need right now with record case numbers, and at least three new strains, is an excuse to travel more.

Edit: given that the post is no longer focused on electric cars, I've removed my downvote.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38220 posts
24395 upvotes
Center of Universe
RubberCheese wrote: There are probably a lot more households in Ontario that heat (or at least heat water) with electricity than have electric cars...
Must be very old homes.
All of my houses, with the oldest built back in 2010 have a natural gas HWT.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2016
1404 posts
1454 upvotes
ON
I’m working from home now and sometime back moved to flat rate as my calculations showed this would be somewhat more beneficial to me. Certainly is more convenient as now I can charge my car and run the washer/dryer and dishwasher any time of the day.
”If you buy things you don’t need, soon you will have to sell things you need.”
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1134 posts
733 upvotes
Cambridge,Ontario
IndyBeak wrote: Not that I am complaining, but is there a reason for this temporary relief?
Because of the lockdown the idea more people will be spending more time at home
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2991 posts
1695 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Must be very old homes.
All of my houses, with the oldest built back in 2010 have a natural gas HWT.
Yes. But also anywhere rural that doesn't have access to natural gas...
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26976 posts
11425 upvotes
Socially Distanced
WTF is with the downvotes, people want to pay more for electricity? :facepalm:

You might also indicate that official confirmation of this price reduction is on your second link.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Mar 1, 2020
844 posts
237 upvotes
GTA West
Isn't tiered 10.1c as initially planned for Jan 1 2020 until this 8.5c kicked in until the lockdown is over? So even the initial post is incorrect, as tiered would be saving 1.6 cents instead of what OP stated as 4 cents +? Yes either way TOU or Tiered currently is 8.5c so it doesn't matter as i type this - but I'm just asking for the sake of clarity... i guess that's part of the numerous downvotes... LOL