Tags:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
21984 posts
163898 upvotes
GTA

Deleted thread still displays title

There was a very racist, inappropriate thread posted yesterday (I don't think this was the only one based on the poster's post history - poster is banned) and the offensive title still displays in the thread view in the Contests forum when sorting by thread start date. Can someone explain why this is still allowed to be visible after it has supposedly been deleted (cannot actually display the thread)? I can understand that threads can take a bit to update when merging, etc., but surely, worst case scenario, a mod should be able to rename the thread title to 'deleted' or what have you, if for whatever reason it cannot be eliminated from the thread view? I actually had seen this yesterday and didn't mention it because I thought it would likely disappear from view, but it's now been well over 24 hours...
6 replies
Sep 30, 2001
28476 posts
7640 upvotes
Toronto
I'm not sure I'm following. There was one thread that I know that was was deleted from that forum. pm me a screenshot and if i can't sort it out i'll ask the admins to take a look.
FS: Marley Wireless Earphones (NEW)

We're all in this together. Be kind and civil with one another
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
21984 posts
163898 upvotes
GTA
MrDisco wrote: I'm not sure I'm following. There was one thread that I know that was was deleted from that forum. pm me a screenshot and if i can't sort it out i'll ask the admins to take a look.
Really simple:

1) Click on Contests forum
2) Click on 'Thread start date' to sort by date with the newest threads at the top
3) Scroll down and you will see the thread in question highlighted in pink (cannot click into it, but the offensive title still displays)
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14606 posts
27449 upvotes
Scarborough
toguy wrote: There was a very racist, inappropriate thread posted yesterday (I don't think this was the only one based on the poster's post history - poster is banned) and the offensive title still displays in the thread view in the Contests forum when sorting by thread start date. Can someone explain why this is still allowed to be visible after it has supposedly been deleted (cannot actually display the thread)? I can understand that threads can take a bit to update when merging, etc., but surely, worst case scenario, a mod should be able to rename the thread title to 'deleted' or what have you, if for whatever reason it cannot be eliminated from the thread view? I actually had seen this yesterday and didn't mention it because I thought it would likely disappear from view, but it's now been well over 24 hours...
The way the thread was removed left an unintended shadow thread in place. I just removed it so it should no longer appear. I apologize that it still appeared after being deleted.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3684 posts
9540 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
TomRFD wrote: The way the thread was removed left an unintended shadow thread in place. I just removed it so it should no longer appear. I apologize that it still appeared after being deleted.
Hey @TomRFD, can you please do the same for the Coupons (1 thread) and Freebies (2 threads) sections?
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14606 posts
27449 upvotes
Scarborough
trystee wrote: Hey @TomRFD, can you please do the same for the Coupons (1 thread) and Freebies (2 threads) sections?
Just removed the shadow threads from each of those forums. Please let me know if you happen to see any more, but I think I got them all now.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].