• Dec 21st, 2019 4:28 pm
[OP]
Banned
Dec 16, 2019
121 posts
57 upvotes

Deleting save data on user account

Quick noob question.

2 user accounts on ps4 with gta5 save data on each. If I delete the save data one on of the user accounts, will it delete on both? Or are they separate?

Son wants to delete his and start fresh on gta5 online, but I dont want it to affect my gta5 online save data.
2 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8704 posts
3070 upvotes
Saves are separate for each user.
Instead of deleting the save game file, you should just start a new GTA Online character in the settings.
If you delete your save file, then your single player progress is gone too unless you backed it up to the cloud
or to a USB stick manually.

You could also create a new PSN ID and start a new character to go online with that one.
PS+ allows other profiles on your Primary PS4 to play online.
Imgonnagetyou wrote: Quick noob question.

2 user accounts on ps4 with gta5 save data on each. If I delete the save data one on of the user accounts, will it delete on both? Or are they separate?

Son wants to delete his and start fresh on gta5 online, but I dont want it to affect my gta5 online save data.
[OP]
Banned
Dec 16, 2019
121 posts
57 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote: Saves are separate for each user.
Instead of deleting the save game file, you should just start a new GTA Online character in the settings.
If you delete your save file, then your single player progress is gone too unless you backed it up to the cloud
or to a USB stick manually.

You could also create a new PSN ID and start a new character to go online with that one.
PS+ allows other profiles on your Primary PS4 to play online.
Good tip. Appreciate it.