Food & Drink

Is Delissio stuffed crust pizza suppose to not rise but have flat,heavy,rubbery dough after baked?

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2019 12:53 pm
[OP]
Banned
May 23, 2019
3 posts
1 upvote

Is Delissio stuffed crust pizza suppose to not rise but have flat,heavy,rubbery dough after baked?

I tried Delissio stuffed crust pepperoni pizza now for the second time and I noticed something weird about it. I baked it well done for 18 minutes at 450 degrees and the dough doesn't rise at all but stays very flat, heavy and rubbery. Is this the way the dough is suppose to turn out since it is not a rising crust dough? Their other non rising pizzas do not turn out this way, the crust is light, dry and flakey, but the stuffed crust dough is horrible, as if it doesnt rise at all, stays flat, very heavy, rubbery and raw-like but the pizza is baked well done. What could cause this or is this the way its supposed to be?
32 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
10802 posts
5625 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Why buy Delissio when Domino's has 50% off?
domdim wrote:
May 24th, 2019 7:48 pm
I tried Delissio stuffed crust pepperoni pizza now for the second time and I noticed something weird about it. I baked it well done for 18 minutes at 450 degrees and the dough doesn't rise at all but stays very flat, heavy and rubbery. Is this the way the dough is suppose to turn out since it is not a rising crust dough? Their other non rising pizzas do not turn out this way, the crust is light, dry and flakey, but the stuffed crust dough is horrible, as if it doesnt rise at all, stays flat, very heavy, rubbery and raw-like but the pizza is baked well done. What could cause this or is this the way its supposed to be?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
8075 posts
1194 upvotes
Toronto
Not all Delissio pizzas are rising crust so unless it says "rising crust" on the box...
Many people like delissio possibly because of the good value, especially the double package.
I never liked the crust.
Best crust I've found for a frozen pizza has been Dr Oetkers Panabello.
Also remember to have a hot preheated oven as the rising starts from the beginning.
Hotter the oven the better.
Aug 26, 2018
327 posts
582 upvotes
eonibm wrote:
May 25th, 2019 9:30 am
I knew how this would end... (as it does for all frozen pizza).
While frozen pizza is generally a taboo subject, I have to say my favorite brand is Dr Oetker Ristorante pizza - particularly the spinach one.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14080 posts
2507 upvotes
Toronto
A little more cheese in the stuffed crust please Delissio! Thanks!
I noticed also, it's important to read the directions carefully. The heating instructions change from box to box.
Some require 450 degrees while others only require 400 degrees.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
5295 posts
2105 upvotes
I put extra mozzarella on it and bake for 30 minutes. This is for the Canadian/Deluxe ones though which call for 400 degrees. Are you sure you gave it long enough?

My usual is Casa di Mama and I have to say, the Stuffed Crust is a much denser pizza.

BTW, there is a $1 printable coupon available here: http://www.smartsource.ca/smartsource2/ ... cale=en_CA
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4561 posts
615 upvotes
With all the constant deals from Dominos, Pizza Hut, etc, I would suggest people are better off just ordering rather than supermarket pizza. It not only tastes better but after 50% off, it probably costs similar or not much more.
I am a Koodo customer
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14080 posts
2507 upvotes
Toronto
HP_John wrote:
May 25th, 2019 1:40 pm
With all the constant deals from Dominos, Pizza Hut, etc, I would suggest people are better off just ordering rather than supermarket pizza. It not only tastes better but after 50% off, it probably costs similar or not much more.
$3.99-$4.49 for a Delissio pizza. $5.99 for Delissio stuffed crust. (frozen pizza is NOT taxable)

50% off $21.77 (including tax) = almost $11 for the Domino's pizza.

Savings?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
5295 posts
2105 upvotes
I agree, I have been getting the stuffed crust for 2/$10 less $1 coupon and a couple times I got 1,000 PCO pts per pizza. You just have to cook it properly.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
20964 posts
6958 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
May 25th, 2019 1:51 pm
$3.99-$4.49 for a Delissio pizza. $5.99 for Delissio stuffed crust. (frozen pizza is NOT taxable)

50% off $21.77 (including tax) = almost $11 for the Domino's pizza.

Savings?
I'll pay the $5 doesn't taste like the box it came in tax.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
5295 posts
2105 upvotes
Listen there are 6 pizza places <4 minute drive from here and I still prefer to make grocery store pizza at home. I just don't see the value in it when you can fix every kind of boxed pizza with extra cheese. (I add about $1 worth.)

If you are consistently getting a bad crust even though you have tried a longer baking time, the issue may be your pan. If you bought some cheapass coated steel pan at Walmart, it's not heat conductive enough for the relatively short time that it is in the oven to bake a crust properly. I'd try a pizza screen like this jobby then: https://www.amazon.ca/Winco-Winware-12- ... way&sr=8-4 with the caveat, don't do a regular Delissio on it because their crusts are perforated and all the hot fat that comes out of the cheese drips through = smoke if not fire.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14080 posts
2507 upvotes
Toronto
death_hawk wrote:
May 25th, 2019 2:27 pm
I'll pay the $5 doesn't taste like the box it came in tax.
& when was the last time you ate Delissio?
It does not taste like the box it came in and it sure does not have tons of grease either.
(I mean it actually tastes like pizza. I have never actually put cardboard in my mouth! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes)
Dec 29, 2012
749 posts
186 upvotes
Scarborough
fattyburger11 wrote:
May 25th, 2019 12:57 pm
While frozen pizza is generally a taboo subject, I have to say my favorite brand is Dr Oetker Ristorante pizza - particularly the spinach one.
Yes, especially when on sale for $2.47!