Toronto
Na... just sampling to make sure it’s still hot Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2007
1582 posts
494 upvotes
Toronto
Emperor's food taster.
Core i7-5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus Tuf OC RTX 3090 | G.Skill Ripjaws 48GB DDR4-2666 | CM StormTrooper | 850 EVO 250GB x2 Raid 0 + NVMe 970 Pro 512GB | ASRock X99 Extreme4
| Noctua NH-D15 | ASUS PG27UQ + Dell P2715Q
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13767 posts
8804 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
I think I'll just do pickup orders from now on.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
3334 posts
6081 upvotes
Laval
security tamper seals will prevent this

Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6564 posts
3641 upvotes
Aurora
Scums' punishment should be to lick clean the toilets of their victims.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
20029 posts
4591 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Being one of these delivery drivers seems like a bad job... maybe the driver was genuinely hungry. That doesn't make eating someone else's food right. But you have to consider, maybe the person is just trying to make ends meet and can't afford enough food to sustain themselves.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
2157 posts
1710 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote: Being one of these delivery drivers seems like a bad job... maybe the driver was genuinely hungry. That doesn't make eating someone else's food right. But you have to consider, maybe the person is just trying to make ends meet and can't afford enough food to sustain themselves.
With that kind of a moral compass, that person isn't going to get any further in life if they are going to make ends meet. He might as well be a bank robber as common sense is out the door from what is right or wrong.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
7005 posts
1356 upvotes
Scarborough
If we order, its always pickup.
Our favourite restaurants are nearby so it takes 5-10 mins to pickup and be home!
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3689 posts
1532 upvotes
Scarborough
It happens more than you think but on the upside it's nearly impossible to accomplish this when a customer orders certain things that cannot be consumed without noticing. For instance a pizza pie, a sub, an order of 6 wings or bites, etc.

The places to look out for is chinese restaurants where they fill food to the rim the point of collapsing. There you got enough room to eat 15% of the container and still make it look full.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3689 posts
1532 upvotes
Scarborough
apnayloags wrote: If we order, its always pickup.
Our favourite restaurants are nearby so it takes 5-10 mins to pickup and be home!
How is this any different than the chef who is preparing your order of fries grabs a bunch from the container and eats some before shipping the food to the driver for delivery? You think a chefs hands are any cleaner than the drivers? Is that the comparison? You know many times I've seen chefs unable to close the container because it was full of food so they just ate the difference. Don't kid yourself as a chef has more tendencies to eat off your food than a driver.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6729 posts
2947 upvotes
MCD doesn't f around and will double bag and tape seal each delivery bag. Someone over there seems to have imagined what might happened so that it doesn't happen. I wish it was like this for all meal deliveries.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12995 upvotes
OrangeBerry wrote: You think a chefs hands are any cleaner than the drivers?
I'm generalizing here since every individual is different, but I guarantee you that on average a chef's hands will be an order of magnitude cleaner.
They (should be) always washing their hands or wearing gloves that are changed regularly.

Outside of getting something on them or taking a whiz a driver unless they're handling food for some reason has no real reason to wash their hands as much.
Between taking money (assuming it's not an app based) touching things in their car, doorbell, phone, etc they'll be dirtier by nature.

That's not to say I haven't seen some chefs that aren't disasters.
Plus I would imagine there's some drivers that are clean freaks.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3689 posts
1532 upvotes
Scarborough
death_hawk wrote: I'm generalizing here since every individual is different, but I guarantee you that on average a chef's hands will be an order of magnitude cleaner.
They (should be) always washing their hands or wearing gloves that are changed regularly.

Outside of getting something on them or taking a whiz a driver unless they're handling food for some reason has no real reason to wash their hands as much.
Between taking money (assuming it's not an app based) touching things in their car, doorbell, phone, etc they'll be dirtier by nature.

That's not to say I haven't seen some chefs that aren't disasters.
Plus I would imagine there's some drivers that are clean freaks.
If a chef or driver is low enough to pick at a customers food it wouldn’t surprise me if they don’t wash their hands. The few that do also probably don’t use soap just rinse with water and dry.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15193 posts
4924 upvotes
Here 'n There
Reminds me. Always pick up hors d'ouvres at a party with your left hand as one of the many people you just shook your right hand with probably didn't wash their hands after they wiped their ass or picked their nose, etc. (I learned that on an Aborigine tour in Australia many years ago as they use that hand in the outback to do the same).
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12995 upvotes
OrangeBerry wrote: If a chef or driver is low enough to pick at a customers food it wouldn’t surprise me if they don’t wash their hands. The few that do also probably don’t use soap just rinse with water and dry.
The difference is that the chef's hands are already handling food. They're actually always "picking" (or rather tasting) to make sure it's right.
It's part of the job.

EDIT: Also the chef can plan ahead to account for tasting (not that it's a lot) whereas the driver is now just shorting the customer.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3689 posts
1532 upvotes
Scarborough
death_hawk wrote: The difference is that the chef's hands are already handling food. They're actually always "picking" (or rather tasting) to make sure it's right.
It's part of the job.

EDIT: Also the chef can plan ahead to account for tasting (not that it's a lot) whereas the driver is now just shorting the customer.
We're not talking about an executive chef here man, I'm talking about the cook at these places where they have everything frozen, bottled and precooked for fast turnaround. No one from Boston pizza is doing a taste test to pre-plan for a meal. Gordon Food Services is their supplier and it's all pre-made of frozen. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12995 upvotes
OrangeBerry wrote: We're not talking about an executive chef here man, I'm talking about the cook at these places where they have everything frozen, bottled and precooked for fast turnaround. No one from Boston pizza is doing a taste test to pre-plan for a meal. Gordon Food Services is their supplier and it's all pre-made of frozen. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Still... the chefs heaters on average would be washing their hands more than drivers.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3689 posts
1532 upvotes
Scarborough
death_hawk wrote: Still... the chefs heaters on average would be washing their hands more than drivers.
Thats very speculative, a cook would only have the incentive to wash their hands after visiting the bathroom and by then he’s already ate a few fries from someone’s plate. But if we’re going there what about McDonalds employees or Butler king employees who don’t even use gloves to make our burger?