• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2022 8:14 pm
Tags:
46 replies
Jul 11, 2009
65 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
Would be nice if AMEX had their 20% off promotion. Dell took forever to ship things so I had to cancel my order since my amex wasn't charged until items were shipped out :/
Dec 13, 2008
433 posts
180 upvotes
Anyone recommend a gaming monitor < $700?
I'm just here for the deals....
Jul 13, 2006
420 posts
331 upvotes
Calgary
How do I know the items I am getting from dell has 15% rebate from ratuken?

Thanks.
Dec 15, 2019
680 posts
2188 upvotes
Markham
sharkcalgary wrote: How do I know the items I am getting from dell has 15% rebate from ratuken?

Thanks.
easiest way is to use chrome and the Rakuten extension
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2005
1119 posts
179 upvotes
I ordered a monitor 4 days ago at 5% ebates that is arriving on Monday.

Now that it's 15%, I'm tempted to order another one, wait for it to arrive, and return the one purchased at 5%. I wouldn't open the first one, I'd just wait for the 2nd one to come and open that one.

The difference between 5% and 15% is pretty significant on a $1500 monitor and having ebates clawback the 5% order is just fine by me, though I'll have to wait a couple of extra days for the 2nd one to be delivered.
Jun 6, 2013
76 posts
20 upvotes
anyone got a usable 10%off code? plz Pm. my unidays code says expired when use
Nov 8, 2008
775 posts
940 upvotes
wanton007 wrote: I ordered a monitor 4 days ago at 5% ebates that is arriving on Monday.

Now that it's 15%, I'm tempted to order another one, wait for it to arrive, and return the one purchased at 5%. I wouldn't open the first one, I'd just wait for the 2nd one to come and open that one.

The difference between 5% and 15% is pretty significant on a $1500 monitor and having ebates clawback the 5% order is just fine by me, though I'll have to wait a couple of extra days for the 2nd one to be delivered.
Do it. Dell returns are very easy. Don't accidentally mix the 2 up though as Dell scans serial numbers on return.

Also from my experience there's a non-insignificant chance they forget to clawback the 5%...
Feb 27, 2018
51 posts
17 upvotes
wanton007 wrote: I ordered a monitor 4 days ago at 5% ebates that is arriving on Monday.

Just contact customer support and ask for the difference. Im sure they would rather that than process a return.
Jan 5, 2007
7 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto

I am on the same boat too. i should've waited till today to order to take advantage of the 15% rakuten rebate...
~ CaPTaIN ~
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2006
2030 posts
1855 upvotes
Just be aware, there is a possible click/mistake to different Dell's webpage(s).

Rakuten's applicable Dell Canada Consumer Categories
Dell Canada Consumer 15.0%
Dell Technologies for Work 2.0%

Too bad, I prefer Windows xx Pro rather than W xx Home installed in most Dell Canada Consumer (For Home).

Don't be surprised about the pricing, with similar specs except OS
Inspiron Desktop i7 12th gen $1300 (Home)
Inspiron Desktop i7 12th gen $1029 Pro
Last edited by imoo2u on May 14th, 2022 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
True or False
Ninety-nine percent of all lawyers give the rest a bad name.
Feb 23, 2004
461 posts
146 upvotes
Toronto
Most dell.ca prices were now back to the insane regular pricing !
Nov 8, 2008
775 posts
940 upvotes
Bishop8 wrote: Urgh, should I get my son his uni laptop now or wait for potential BTS sales? Looking at this:

https://deals.dell.com/en-ca/productdetail/ec2n

Works out to ~$800 after Rakuten.

This whole supply chain thing is messing me up.
I have the Ryzen 5500U version of this laptop (Inspiron 5515). I bought it for $699 less 10% less 12% Rakuten last year (yada yada time machine) and am happy with the build, screen, features, etc.

That said, if it's not needed until September I'd probably wait.
  • The Ryzen 5500U and 5700U are actually built on Zen 2 architecture, not Zen 3 like even-number 5X00 chips. So they were already 1 year old in a way when they released.
  • Ryzen 6 laptops should be trickling out over the summer. Yes, they'll be priced higher, but either you'll get a more modern chipset for a little bit more or perhaps see some downward pressure on Ryzen 5 laptops.
Of course the above is a guess, just my 2 cents. Who knows how inflation, supply chains etc. will complicate things. If it was 6-8 months ago I wouldn't have hesitated.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3703 posts
1815 upvotes
Vancouver
carsncars wrote: I have the Ryzen 5500U version of this laptop (Inspiron 5515). I bought it for $699 less 10% less 12% Rakuten last year (yada yada time machine) and am happy with the build, screen, features, etc.

That said, if it's not needed until September I'd probably wait.
  • The Ryzen 5500U and 5700U are actually built on Zen 2 architecture, not Zen 3 like even-number 5X00 chips. So they were already 1 year old in a way when they released.
  • Ryzen 6 laptops should be trickling out over the summer. Yes, they'll be priced higher, but either you'll get a more modern chipset for a little bit more or perhaps see some downward pressure on Ryzen 5 laptops.
Of course the above is a guess, just my 2 cents. Who knows how inflation, supply chains etc. will complicate things. If it was 6-8 months ago I wouldn't have hesitated.
Thanks for the opinion, and I don't disagree with you. I've still got several months, so this machine would probably end up sitting around until Sep anyway, as he's still attached to his desktop.

I tell you, it's so easy to think yourself into a tizzy on purchasing decisions nowadays. The FOMO is real, haha.