Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

16-port NETGEAR Plus JGS516PE - switch - Managed - rack-mountable $129.99/ 8PORT $97.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 8th, 2021 11:38 am
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
4950 posts
13325 upvotes
45° 36' 44.9964'' N …

[Dell] 16-port NETGEAR Plus JGS516PE - switch - Managed - rack-mountable $129.99/ 8PORT $97.99

DELL IS HAVING A NETWORK SALE A LOT GOOD DISCOUNTS

https://www.dell.com/en-ca/work/shop/ma ... ing&~ck=bt

16-port NETGEAR Plus JGS516PE - switch - 16 ports - Managed - rack-mountable

https://www.dell.com/en-ca/work/shop/16 ... A9seautage

8-port NETGEAR GS108PE 8-Port Gigabit PoE Web Managed (Plus) - switch - 8 ports - Managed $97.99

https://www.dell.com/en-ca/work/shop/8- ... networking

24-port NETGEAR Plus JGS524PE - switch - 24 ports - Managed - rack-mountable $239.99

https://www.dell.com/en-ca/work/shop/24 ... networking

NETGEAR GS324T - Switch - smart - 24 x 10/100/1000 + 2 x SFP - desktop, rack-mountable $159.99

https://www.dell.com/en-ca/work/shop/ne ... networking

81 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
8898 posts
6596 upvotes
SW ON
Do these require some kind if an online account to manage them? Netgear went crazy lately and started doing this.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2020
1196 posts
1258 upvotes
Ferinthu1 wrote: whats a managed switch?
If you're asking, you probably don't need one. Business-class -- typically allows you to manage traffic on the network with a lot more control..
I only look at them because of possibility of link-aggregation for my NAS.
Yes, maybe more work/control than most will ever need or want.

-- The chart on the first link provided is very good to describe Netgear's offerings/features. They market these to small-businesses and up. I think for the more complex managed ones you probably need a network administrator to admin the damn things.. Might be more than most are willing/wanting to chew off.

EDIT: Looks like most posted here are the Plus variant though.. Geared to small business, not bad.. Link Aggregation and some small control features.
Last edited by DasHip on Apr 22nd, 2021 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 5, 2018
841 posts
1009 upvotes
DasHip wrote: If you're asking, you probably don't need one. Business-class -- typically allows you to manage traffic on the network with a lot more control..

-- The chart on the first link provided is very good to describe Netgear's offerings/features. They market these to small-businesses and up. I think for the more complex managed ones you probably need a network administrator to admin the damn things.. Might be more than most are willing/wanting to chew off.
Fair! I have a regular switch at home.. I probably could have just googled my question. But thanks for the reply. I've learned a lot on this forum and it's from people asking questions and people replying.
Oct 23, 2013
243 posts
390 upvotes
Better deal than Amazon's lowest looks like. Great deal. Picked up the 16 port. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
3162 posts
2257 upvotes
Barrie
Can someone post the links in plain text so I can get to the right page?
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
4950 posts
13325 upvotes
45° 36' 44.9964'' N …
RunnerForDeals wrote: Can someone post the links in plain text so I can get to the right page?
dell.com/en-ca/work/shop/managed-switches/ar/8153?sortBy=price-ascending&~ck=bt&AID=749547&cjevent=ece860c8a39311eb80fb00a40a82b839&cjdata=MXxOfDB8WXww&gacd=9683780-23772081-5750457-266468022-127878509&dgc=af&VEN1=12105225-749547-rfdcb&dclid=CjgKEAjwvYSEBhC3s7LkhY2Mlk0SJACpxGEyUPyu4OPrVP4RrjivyEC6CfPfqQ5wLyrDQ560dBzOMvD_BwE
Jul 20, 2012
273 posts
228 upvotes
Montreal
DasHip wrote: If you're asking, you probably don't need one. Business-class -- typically allows you to manage traffic on the network with a lot more control..

EDIT: Looks like most posted here are the Plus variant though.. Geared to small business, not bad.. Link Aggregation and some small control features.
Link Aggregation won’t gain more speed in your home environment, most of the time only 1 client connects to the server and only have 1 gigabyte Ethernet card, so the speed will be limited to the client maximize.
Mar 23, 2017
472 posts
604 upvotes
Toronto
Damn, a week too late! I just upgraded my home networking and bought a GS108LP which is unmanaged to run a couple POE cameras and a tp-link EAP225 and spent about the same for it. Managed would be nice to do a VLAN on, but I didn't want to spend the extra for my home network just to do it.

This is a hot deal if you want to run a few POE devices easily without injectors.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2004
1215 posts
328 upvotes
Whitby, ON
Pretty sure this is overkill for my home setup. But got the 16 port, as I needed to upgrade from 8 ports to 16, and am looking at installing some security cams, so PoE should be handy. I've really got to sit down and learn this stuff, I've got conflicts somewhere with my current setup (separate router for WiFi, 8 port switch, 3 Powerline adapters, work IP phone, and a Synology NAS I haven't figured out). At this rate, I'm going to have to go back to school to figure all this out!
Sep 21, 2006
666 posts
249 upvotes
Amherstview
Dam, wish the 24 port had POE+ . I need min 16 ports, POE and SFP uplink
Feb 24, 2009
111 posts
70 upvotes
Ferinthu1 wrote: whats a managed switch?
It allows you to configure multiple vlans, link aggregation, and several other layer 2 features. Like it was mentioned before, link aggregation won't necessarily double your speed when you only plug in one thing. It all depends what protocol and mode you configure.

Having an active-active mode, again you'll have to choose the load balancing algorithm, which for example can be XOR, where it can be done by MAC/IP addresses combinations or IP/layer 4 ports combinations. It all depends on which LAG protocol the switch supports. So if the traffic is always the same MAC/IP/Port number combination, the traffic will always go through the same physical switch port. You will get redundancy in case of a failure.

All these things can also be done with a cheap linksys router that you can flash with ddwrt or openwrt.
Sep 22, 2005
180 posts
133 upvotes
Thanks OP. Love the deals but hate the referral/affiliate links.
Feb 24, 2009
111 posts
70 upvotes
Apocalypse21 wrote: Thanks OP. Love the deals but hate the referral/affiliate links.
Totally agree, my Pi-Hole setup blocks most of the referral links.
Sep 22, 2005
180 posts
133 upvotes
goldfingerz wrote: Totally agree, my Pi-Hole setup blocks most of the referral links.
This is what bugs me the most too. I do have success opening them with "in Private" or "incognito" tabs but that presents other annoyances.
Apr 8, 2007
566 posts
202 upvotes
Rakuten has Dell consumer at 2% and Dell for work has 6%, I used the Dell for work link and logged in with my normal Dell account, not sure if you needed to set up separate accounts but I'm hoping I qualified for the 6%.

Thanks op for this. I got the 16 port managed with POE, would have liked it to be 24 port to be future proof but I am ok with this for now.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
3258 posts
2116 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Is it safe to power a Ubiquiti Access Points and a Ubiquiti IP Phones with this?
I am tired of having POE injectors everywhere

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)