Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

Dell 2420 14" i3 Win7pro, 4GB, English kbd, Matte screen, $369 fast ship free

• Last Updated:
  • May 1st, 2013 2:19 pm
May 28, 2009
706 posts
237 upvotes
Nelson BC

[Dell] Dell 2420 14" i3 Win7pro, 4GB, English kbd, Matte screen, $369 fast ship free

Just got the 2520 in the same config last week and was pleasantly suprised. Like the rubbery case, seemed fast enough for business but SSD has spoiled me.
-English keyboard
-Matte screen
-i3
-Ship fast model
-Win7 pro
-Dell small biz means less crapware
-Bluetooth (is that good or bad?)
-6cell battery
-Trend Micro 15 months

How good is the sound? How loud is the laptop? Not sure. But this is a nice config with a great price at the low end of the market. Bang for buck.

http://configure.dell.com/dellstore/con ... cs=cabsdt1
18 replies
Dec 19, 2011
149 posts
17 upvotes
Cowansville
I think he was around 299$ a few month ago ..
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
mrfre3ze wrote: I think he was around 299$ a few month ago ..
I think a few months ago was a few months ago.
May 28, 2009
706 posts
237 upvotes
Nelson BC
mrfre3ze wrote: I think he was around 299$ a few month ago ..
...but probably a 4cell battery, Premium Win7 (or worse, 8) instead of Pro and a B series Celeron instead of i3. This is a real laptop at a great price. Just ordered another.

It is missing USB 3.0 however, but it does have 2 speakers.
Apr 9, 2008
564 posts
257 upvotes
Bby
It looks like the coupons are for very specific notebooks. When I enter the one for the XPS 14 it says "Save $675 on any Dell Outlet XPS 14 Ultrabook priced at $1269 with this coupon!" Unfortunately there are no XPS 14 notebooks at that price. They are all either more or less.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2900 posts
1583 upvotes
2 generations old i3 chip with intel HD 3000 graphics. Personally would not buy with less than a HD 4000.
Feb 8, 2004
72 posts
21 upvotes
cheney wrote: Anyone knows how to use those coupons in US dell site? I have US CC and address, however I could not find any laptop which the coupon can be applied? Is it cheating ones?
Those are for the Dell Outlet site, not the main site; scratch & dent and refurbs. Sometimes those coupons are for any configuration of machine, but sometimes they're for very specific ones like these coupons. I'm pretty sure any XPS 14 with the actual config listed sold out pretty quick. You'll probably see them pop up on eBay in the next little while. There's a Dell Outlet twitter account that tweets all the deals, if you're looking for that sort of thing.

Buying from there is no problem. I bought an E6430 from the Outlet a couple of weeks ago when a coupon came up for 30% off any Latitude config. In the end the computer was about half what it would have cost in the main store. They'll only ship to a US address, but you can pay with a Canadian CC.
Jan 17, 2010
962 posts
468 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
owain wrote: Those are for the Dell Outlet site, not the main site; scratch & dent and refurbs. Sometimes those coupons are for any configuration of machine, but sometimes they're for very specific ones like these coupons. I'm pretty sure any XPS 14 with the actual config listed sold out pretty quick. You'll probably see them pop up on eBay in the next little while. There's a Dell Outlet twitter account that tweets all the deals, if you're looking for that sort of thing.

Buying from there is no problem. I bought an E6430 from the Outlet a couple of weeks ago when a coupon came up for 30% off any Latitude config. In the end the computer was about half what it would have cost in the main store. They'll only ship to a US address, but you can pay with a Canadian CC.
thank you! the price is really tempting but like what you said, too specific.
Dec 19, 2011
149 posts
17 upvotes
Cowansville
Nexzen wrote: I think a few months ago was a few months ago.
thank capitain ! :arrow:
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2006
5314 posts
2518 upvotes
Winnipeg
Help please. Trying to help my g/f get a laptop for under $500. (I have a Macbook so I have no idea what to look for under $500 (not trying to be haughty)

I understand the specs can be very similar, but don't know which components are crap or not within these systems.

She would use it for university work, email, web, etc... nothing major, something that runs at a decent speed, 500GB or under HD, CD/DVD drive, 13-15", lighter the better.
But something that will last for 3-5 years...

This Costco Acer is $444

vs.

The $369 Dell listed above

vs.

This $299 Dell

These are just a few we have found, if anyone can chime in, that would be appreciated!

Her current laptop is 9 years old, running on XP, so she would be a newbie learning Windows 7 or 8...
Feb 26, 2013
194 posts
108 upvotes
Guelph
coleworld wrote: Help please. Trying to help my g/f get a laptop for under $500. (I have a Macbook so I have no idea what to look for under $500 (not trying to be haughty)

I understand the specs can be very similar, but don't know which components are crap or not within these systems.

She would use it for university work, email, web, etc... nothing major, something that runs at a decent speed, 500GB or under HD, CD/DVD drive, 13-15", lighter the better.

This Costco Acer is $444

vs.

vs.

This $299 Dell

These are just a few we have found, if anyone can chime in, that would be appreciated!

Her current laptop is 9 years old, running on XP, so she would be a newbie learning Windows 7 or 8...
In a similar situation and I would definitely recommend the $369 Vostro 2420.
Windows 8 is a definite love it or hate it, and with the non-touch screen, there's no point.

Compared to the acer, the 6 cell battery is better, and there aren't too many differences in the specs.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
UnitG2 wrote: ...but probably a 4cell battery, Premium Win7 (or worse, 8) instead of Pro and a B series Celeron instead of i3. This is a real laptop at a great price. Just ordered another.

It is missing USB 3.0 however, but it does have 2 speakers.

How many laptops do you need? ;)
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
12225 posts
2957 upvotes
For $400, try the Costco Lenovo S400 for $399.99.

If you need to use the notebook in outdoor, consider the 2420 mentioned in this thread, the screen sucks but at least it has antiglare coating.

coleworld wrote: Help please. Trying to help my g/f get a laptop for under $500. (I have a Macbook so I have no idea what to look for under $500 (not trying to be haughty)

She would use it for university work, email, web, etc... nothing major, something that runs at a decent speed, 500GB or under HD, CD/DVD drive, 13-15", lighter the bter.

This Costco Acer is $444

vs.

vs.

This $299 Dell

Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2006
5314 posts
2518 upvotes
Winnipeg
82 wrote: For $400, try the Costco Lenovo S400 for $399.99.

If you need to use the notebook in outdoor, consider the 2420 mentioned in this thread, the screen sucks but at least it has antiglare coating.
Hmmm the specs look to be about the same on the S400 as the Acer at Costco (although there is no CD/DVD drive in the S400, which makes it slimmer and lighter)

Costcos are Windows 8 vs the Dell Windows 7....

I like the idea of Costco, as she can try it out and if she isn't happy can return it within 90 days.
Oct 18, 2006
144 posts
14 upvotes
GTHA
...anyone know if it has HDMI? I don't see it mentioned anywhere? Thanks...
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
12225 posts
2957 upvotes
Windows 8 is the way to go, don't listen to the complans. It is not perfect but definitely an improvement over Win7 once you get over the new "Start" Menu. On the thinkpads, Lenovo has a "launch utility" to provide easy access to the shutdown menu, I assume the S400 has this feature too.
coleworld wrote: Hmmm the specs look to be about the same on the S400 as the Acer at Costco (although there is no CD/DVD drive in the S400, which makes it slimmer and lighter)

Costcos are Windows 8 vs the Dell Windows 7....

I like the idea of Costco, as she can try it out and if she isn't happy can return it within 90 days.