[Dell] 27" 2721D qhd monitor $252 + 8% rak

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 3rd, 2021 4:02 pm
[OP]
Aug 24, 2005
41 posts
98 upvotes

[Dell] 27" 2721D qhd monitor $252 + 8% rak

This monitor has been posted recently at $300, and at $290.
Today its at $280, with "10%OFFMONITOR" code its $252. Take another 8% off from rakuten.
Thread Summary
Looking for more monitors? Check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best computer monitors!
113 replies
Jan 23, 2021
5 posts
14 upvotes
Ordered this on the last deal $294 all in shipped + rak. Took about a week to receive it.

The stand isn't great but I knew that when buying and I have it wall mounted on a swivel stand for better ergonomics. Intention was to use it mainly as an office monitor while doing some light gaming.

Overall very happy with it. Very bright (actually had to turn down brightness a bit) and sharp, no dead pixels, colors are nice, 75 Hz feels smooth but best of all, if hooked up through displayport you can activate Nvidia G-sync with it. Have it hooked up to a laptop with a 1660ti and I'm running 1440p nearly max at around 75 average frames for the games I play but G-sync takes care of any dips. Overall very happy with it and it's probably the best 27" 1440p monitor for the price right now.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2509 posts
680 upvotes
Ottawa
this monitor has only one year warranty, but there is an option to purchase additional 2 or 3 years. I know it's a personal preference, but I don't have personal experience with Dell monitors. Worth getting the warranty with the monitor?
IT Services provider in Ottawa area.
Dec 15, 2010
26 posts
24 upvotes
It doesn’t mention GSync in ops link, can you confirm its the exact same one?
Feb 3, 2019
829 posts
1460 upvotes
Canada
Once again....rakuten doesn't stack with coupon code
Live a little
Feb 3, 2019
829 posts
1460 upvotes
Canada
TheLegendz wrote: It doesn’t mention GSync in ops link, can you confirm its the exact same one?
It says AMD Freesync
Live a little
Jan 23, 2021
5 posts
14 upvotes
TheLegendz wrote: It doesn’t mention GSync in ops link, can you confirm its the exact same one?
Yes it's the exact same one. Its AMD freesync but will work with G-sync only when hooked up through displayport. I have this exact monitor hooked up right now to a 1660ti and can confirm that I am able to turn on G-sync. I think a few years ago Nvidia put out an update that allowed G-sync to be used on Freesync monitors as long as its through the displayport. This is probably why it is not advertised.

Also, before I bought that monitor I watched a few review videos of it and they also mentioned that unexpectedly they could activate G-sync with it when hooked up through displayport.
Feb 27, 2021
2 posts
5 upvotes
In for one!

I work IT for a large educational institution for whom Dell is our "preferred" PC vendor and can attest that (at least in my experience) I have seen maybe a dozen failed monitors (mostly from the P2210 series where the backlight failed, all approx 10 years old) over the past 10 years (give or take 1200 monitors purchased over that time).
Dec 17, 2017
92 posts
73 upvotes
Bought one in last $269 sale with Rakuten 2%, already shipped but not received yet, how could I return it and bought this one?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1620 posts
936 upvotes
Langley
ogloprfd wrote: Bought one in last $269 sale with Rakuten 2%, already shipped but not received yet, how could I return it and bought this one?
Come on... did you not look at the website for the return policy? Its clearly listed. Buy the cheaper one now, return the one you already bought when it arrives. You'll be on the hook for two until you get a refund. Not rocket science.

Easy Online Returns - You can return products that you bought directly from Dell within the timeframe set by Dell’s Return Policy.

Accept delivery of your order. If your order has an error, or if you want to return your order for another reason, don’t refuse delivery of your order as this will increase the time it takes to credit your account.
Enter the order number above, from the “Action Menu” click on Return order.
If you need assistance processing your return you may contact Customer Support from the “Action Menu”.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2013
1034 posts
361 upvotes
Chambly, QC
Arrrrrrgggh!!!
I’m really tempted!
Is it a real improvement from a 1920x1080 28 monitor?
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2009
2797 posts
454 upvotes
Jackji wrote: Once again....rakuten doesn't stack with coupon code
Well that's just false. I've never not had Rakuten apply because of Dell coupon.
Last edited by blzn on Mar 5th, 2021 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 25, 2011
46 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
would it be 50$ savings for 2 monitors? hmm I wonder how simple it is to re-order and return the two I have gotten yesterday
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1620 posts
936 upvotes
Langley
shawnie53 wrote: QHD for $250 or 4K for $350?
4K 27” Philips at Costco , same price on Amazon
If you're not gaming at 4K then to me personally it doesn't make a lot of sense to get a 27" 4K monitor. You need to do a fair amount of scaling to get text to a reasonable size. Heck on my 32" 1440p its almost too small at 100%... i usual scale to 125 and its perfect but occasionally go back to 100% when I want the real estate. Just my two cents but 1440p in my opinion at these sizes is the sweet spot.
Apr 1, 2013
700 posts
864 upvotes
Fredericton
I think you'd be better off with the Lenovo 27 inch 1440p monitor deal with Perkopolis. $230 plus tax with something like 7% cashback (you need the Rakuten button extension installed).

I just received mine yesterday and it's so awesome I immediately ordered two more.
Nov 28, 2019
307 posts
751 upvotes
shawnie53 wrote: QHD for $250 or 4K for $350?
4K 27” Philips at Costco , same price on Amazon
That Philips looks awfully tasty. But factoring in 8% rak + 3% dell rewards + CAA bucks for Dell, this is making the decision way more difficult.
Mar 2, 2015
218 posts
325 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Bostic wrote: That Philips looks awfully tasty. But factoring in 8% rak + 3% dell rewards + CAA bucks for Dell, this is making the decision way more difficult.
For what it’s worth, I got the Philips 4K and love it. Very clear, crisp and actually runs at 60hz on DP. Like it very much.
Nov 27, 2016
283 posts
283 upvotes
m8x
Slightly off topic, I own this monitor and can't find any specs on the display port (other than it has one) so I don't know what cable it accepts.

For those using the DP, what cable did you use ?

Thanks !