Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

34" Curved Ultrawide 144hz, 3440x1440, Dell Gaming Monitor S3422DWG $494.99

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 12th, 2022 3:08 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2018
1391 posts
1496 upvotes

[Dell] 34" Curved Ultrawide 144hz, 3440x1440, Dell Gaming Monitor S3422DWG $494.99

Code: 10%OFFMONITOR
Rakuten is also 2% off but I did not include that in my calculations.

I have a 34" Ultrawide IPS but 60hz so I am going to give this a try.

See every detail: 34” 1800R curved screen with 21:9 aspect ratio and 3-sided ultra-thin bezels that envelop you with minimal distractions.

A new view: WQHD resolution (3440x1440) offers 34% more screen pixels than QHD giving you sharp, crystal-clear details and a panoramic view.

The full spectrum: VA panel technology delivers an expanded 3000:1 contrast ratio and boasts a 90% DCI-P3 color coverage with 16.7 million colors. You’ll enjoy deeper blacks, brighter whites and vibrant colors across a wide viewing angle.

Uncompromised clarity: The Dell 34 Gaming Monitor is VESA DisplayHDR™ 400-certified, allowing you to see more detail and color than an SDR display, and ensuring remarkable clarity and high contrast for strikingly lifelike visuals.
Last edited by TomRFD on Feb 28th, 2022 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
56 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
1133 posts
1203 upvotes
Toronto
I bought this monitor for the same price during the Rakuten 14% cashback. Still a pretty good price here. Ship date was into mid March, but it's been shipped already.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2006
3385 posts
441 upvotes
Montreal
Not being an IPS is a killer
I was there at the 32$ price error at dell.ca day AND at the 150$ off price error at fs.ca
RFD price error moto: "Buy now, think later." -Ahzuz
Dec 16, 2011
76 posts
8 upvotes
Winnipeg
Picked this up back in late December with the Rakuten offer. Pretty happy with it, and its color holds up pretty well compared to my IPS monitor. I game a lot with it, and it works beautifully with gaming. Can't complain at the price point, only real downside I've found is no IPS.. I've also heard QC can be hit and miss, mine was good out of the box. Plus the Dell warranty takes a lot off the mind in case anything does go wrong.
Feb 14, 2021
227 posts
628 upvotes
YFC
I have this monitor, and it is pretty good for productivity work.

A couple of downsides:
a) no USB-C
b) this monitor is NOT compatible with HDMI 1.4 sources. If your laptop has HDMI 2.0 or DisplayPort, great. With HDMI 1.4 you won't be able to use full resolution.

A Thunderbolt dock takes care of both issues, however.
Minor children cannot consent
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2011
6609 posts
3909 upvotes
bam136 wrote: I bought this monitor for the same price during the Rakuten 14% cashback. Still a pretty good price here. Ship date was into mid March, but it's been shipped already.
Yeah same, during Valentines promo.

I got it a bit cheaper due to being bundled with a desktop PC.
Dec 21, 2012
431 posts
456 upvotes
Finite wrote: T&C for that amex offer stated dell.ca/workdeals -- don't know if this monitor would fall under that category. Attempted to search for this monitor from that link, had to toggle "home" search options to see the S3422DWG.
That's what it's specified, but purchasing from Home worked for me as well as other people.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2012
1295 posts
1047 upvotes
Toronto
What kind of games dell playing here, 10%OFFMONITOR only works when rakuten cash back is like 1-3%.
Jun 7, 2018
143 posts
167 upvotes
MaximumParsimony wrote: I have this monitor, and it is pretty good for productivity work.

A couple of downsides:
a) no USB-C
b) this monitor is NOT compatible with HDMI 1.4 sources. If your laptop has HDMI 2.0 or DisplayPort, great. With HDMI 1.4 you won't be able to use full resolution.

A Thunderbolt dock takes care of both issues, however.
Which thunderbolt dock would you recommend with this monitor?
Dec 25, 2017
275 posts
243 upvotes
Vancouver
Josecc wrote: What kind of games dell playing here, 10%OFFMONITOR only works when rakuten cash back is like 1-3%.
Don’t think so. It worked on Feb 14th…with rakuten’s 14% cash back
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
8205 posts
5717 upvotes
G-Sync has issues for games under 60fps?

Don't think I'd ever be running a game at 1440 that a 3080 couldn't run at over 60 for the near future but that would suck if it ever became an issue.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2011
6609 posts
3909 upvotes
soserious wrote: Don’t think so. It worked on Feb 14th…with rakuten’s 14% cash back
This monitor on particular didn't actually work with the 10% off during Valentine's day promo.

I got 15% off from it because of being bundled with a desktop PC.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
1005 posts
428 upvotes
Toronto
Finite wrote: T&C for that amex offer stated dell.ca/workdeals -- don't know if this monitor would fall under that category. Attempted to search for this monitor from that link, had to toggle "home" search options to see the S3422DWG.
During the last Amex promo - I purchased from the general home page of Dell..... even though the deal specified workdeals.
Still got my credit which is awesome. However, YMMV on this new promo (I signed up on amex, so fingers crossed I get an awesome credit back)
It is nice to be important, but more important to be nice ;)
Jun 4, 2011
590 posts
942 upvotes
Toronto
Squirrel99 wrote: G-Sync has issues for games under 60fps?

Don't think I'd ever be running a game at 1440 that a 3080 couldn't run at over 60 for the near future but that would suck if it ever became an issue.
Currently, that game would be Elden Ring, though it also doesn't support UW displays, while simultaneously rendering the extra content and then covering it with black bars...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
8205 posts
5717 upvotes
Havox07 wrote: Currently, that game would be Elden Ring, though it also doesn't support UW displays, while simultaneously rendering the extra content and then covering it with black bars...
It can't run it over 60 even at 1440p?

I'd play that on my CX anyway

But I'd rather get a non-UW monitor that has better g-sync, might be cheaper too

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)