Expired Hot Deals

[Dell] Dell 48 Hour Deals "Day 3": Logitech Harmony 550 $49.99, Belkin 12-Outlet SP $19.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2008 2:05 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4377 posts
4253 upvotes
Toronto

[Dell] Dell 48 Hour Deals "Day 3": Logitech Harmony 550 $49.99, Belkin 12-Outlet SP $19.99

[IMG]http://i.dell.com/img.aspx?p=07j8iIEALX ... bf9w%3d%3d[/IMG].

In a bit of a twist on the "Days of Deals" we're familiar with, Dell will feature "48 Hour Deals" -- 6 deals every 48 hours, starting on November 4 and running until November 13.

Deals for November 10 or "Day 3" are now live. The Harmony 550 at $49.99 is a good deal, the and Belkin 12-outlet surge protector, while not the cheapest it has ever been, is handy nonetheless. As usual, shipping will be free for all items.

"Day 3" Deals
132 replies
May 12, 2006
181 posts
2 upvotes
Brampton
I wonder should i stay up or go to bed so far these 48 hour deals have been crap but like everyone else i am hooked lets hope these deals are worth it..... :D
Jun 23, 2008
336 posts
5 upvotes
lucho2000 wrote: I wonder should i stay up or go to bed so far these 48 hour deals have been crap but like everyone else i am hooked lets hope these deals are worth it..... :D
Its supposed to go up in about ten minutes... might as well stay up.
May 12, 2006
181 posts
2 upvotes
Brampton
I will but my wallet wants to go to bed
Jun 23, 2008
336 posts
5 upvotes
Deals are up.

Belkin 12 port Surge protector 19.99 again. These always sell pretty well.
May 12, 2006
181 posts
2 upvotes
Brampton
They are up but it is the usual ahh off to bed :(
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2007
3210 posts
290 upvotes
GVR
Harmony remote deal's not bad - PMable at BB and FS for $8 off.
Aug 27, 2007
149 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
ahsalloum wrote: Harmony remote deal's not bad - PMable at BB and FS for $8 off.
Isn't hard enough to get them to PM regular sales, but a daily (2-days special) is rather farfetched?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7288 posts
634 upvotes
Um....did they take anything off the kb/mouse/cam at all? Thats the one that went for 19.99 not too long ago, isn't it?
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
Dec 15, 2004
158 posts
Ordered the picture frame, had been mandated by family to get one for mother in-law.

Thanks OP and Dell.
Dec 1, 2003
757 posts
38 upvotes
Ugh, I will never buy another Aluratek frame. I bought a 10" one a year or two ago for my dad and it was the worst father's day gift ever. The user interface is terrible, especially for anyone who is not particularly tech savvy. Some of the most important functions are only accessible from the remote control - such as the one to start the slideshow. (?!?)

The remote itself is terrible. The buttons are of the membrane bubble style and hard to press. The remote has to be held at a very precise angle for it to work - and that angle is NOT pointing at the screen... it's pointing at about a 30 degree angle upwards from the frame and about 5 degrees to the right. I thought the remote was actually broken. It didn't even work when I had the remote right next to the sensor ... if the angle of the remote was slightly off, it didn't work, period. It took me like half an hour to discover that it actually worked, but at that extremely bizarre angle.

You can't just turn the frame on and have it start the slideshow, you have to navigate several screens of menus first. You can't randomize the pictures. I can't remember what order they go in, I suspect by filename.

To top it all off, after using it a few times, it was only able to access about a third of the photos on my SD card for some reason.

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE.

This is probably a different model frame, and definitely newer so maybe they've ironed out some of these issues, but there is no way you'll ever catch me buying one of these pieces of trash again.

EDIT: oh, and even when it did work, the colours were washed-out and unattractive looking. Not a great quality screen.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1691 posts
125 upvotes
Vancouver
I'd probably pick up the Harmony remote, but I have no clue if it works with my Shaw Motorola cable box such as the "Guide" button and the "Info" button which I heavily use.
Dec 13, 2004
458 posts
5 upvotes
way2quik wrote: I'd probably pick up the Harmony remote, but I have no clue if it works with my Shaw Motorola cable box such as the "Guide" button and the "Info" button which I heavily use.
It works. Don't worry.
Mar 30, 2006
575 posts
18 upvotes
Nobleton
Harmony remote is a decent price, but I still wouldn't buy that model if you are going to use it for PVR functions, the keyboard layout is terrible and not very user (i.e. wife) friendly...

I see they have the wireless keyboard + mouse + webcam combo again...I still have mine in the box from the last DoD

It is the same one factorydirect sells for $29.99