Expired Hot Deals

[Dell] $617 Inspiron 15 5000 (15.6” AMD) Laptop / Ryzen 5 4500U / 256GB NVMe / 8GB RAM / FHD (Save $271.50) Perkopolis

[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
2648 posts
1346 upvotes
Barrie

[Dell] $617 Inspiron 15 5000 (15.6” AMD) Laptop / Ryzen 5 4500U / 256GB NVMe / 8GB RAM / FHD (Save $271.50) Perkopolis

Was browsing for a light-use laptop for some adult education at a local college and this one fit the bill and the budget.

I think this is a freaking good deal, but of course to each their own.

MUST HAVE access to Perkopolis for this deal

EDIT @neroses pointed out that if you have unidays or are able to get a 10% email code then you can get it to just under $600 instead of using this 5% discount from Perkopolis

Here are the specs:
FingerPrint Silver Palmrest with Silver Backlit Keyboard
Regulatory Label
AMD Ryzen(TM) 5 4500U Mobile Processor with Radeon(TM) Graphics
Windows 10 Home (64bit) English
8GB, 1x8GB, DDR4, 3200MHz
AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics with shared graphics memory
256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive
15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-glare LED Backlight Non-Touch Narrow Border WVA Display
Platinum Silver
Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2x2 (Gig+) + Bluetooth 5
4-Cell Battery, 53WHr (Integrated)
Silver Backlit Keyboard, English US
65 Watt AC Adapter
US Power Cord
Dell.com Order
SERI Guide (ENG/FR/Multi)
Dell.com Order
English Palmrest Label
Additional Software
Dell Cinema Color
Amazon Alexa App
Shipping Material
ENERGY STAR Qualified
Shipping and Handling
Windows System Driver
Inspiron 15 AMD 5000 Series 5505
AX200 Wireless Driver
Fixed Hardware Configuration
Dell Limited Hardware Warranty Initial Year
Onsite/In-Home Service After Remote Diagnosis, 1 Year
No Microsoft Office License Included – 30 day Trial Offer Only
McAfee LiveSafe Consumer 12 Month Subscription
McAfee(R) 30day Trial
Last edited by RunnerForDeals on Feb 10th, 2021 9:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
Thread Summary
Dell Inspiron 15" 5505 - Ryzen 4500U / 4700U - Tweaks, Upgrades, BIOS, Mods, Experiences:
dell-inspiron-15-5505-ryzen-4500u-4700u ... s-2388981/
132 replies
Mar 25, 2017
136 posts
215 upvotes
GTA
Good deal for a barebones laptop. If you have unidays or are able to get a 10% email code then you can get it to just under $600 instead of using this 5% discount from perkopolis
Oct 16, 2010
132 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
neroses wrote: Good deal for a barebones laptop. If you have unidays or are able to get a 10% email code then you can get it to just under $600 instead of using this 5% discount from perkopolis
Do they stack?
Mar 25, 2017
136 posts
215 upvotes
GTA
AcidRainXPL wrote: Do they stack?
No they don’t. It’s one or the other. I’ve been considering getting this laptop for my mom for the past week but hoping there will be further reductions in the future to bring this under 500
Dec 25, 2007
440 posts
280 upvotes
CALGARY
I have this laptop and can vouch that it is great. I was able to use UNIdays to get it for about $690 taxes and fees in. Sadly ebates didn't seem to work for me but it is an awesome machine.

Ended up getting one for my dad for $550 or so. Upgraded ram on both of them and they are running like a dream.
Nov 14, 2012
403 posts
132 upvotes
CALGARY
I wan to buy this laptop, plz tell how did you upgrade the Ram. thanks
Nov 27, 2013
11 posts
11 upvotes
This is a great laptop for the money. However the screen is very poor in terms of brightness and sharpness. I use it basically as a desktop by hooking it up to a main monitor therefore its not an issue with me. If I did plan on using this laptop screen regularly for work/movie/browsing, then I'd definitely would spend extra $ for a better screen.

Also, NOTE:
the laptop screws are made of cheap soft metal. They can be EASILY stripped. Be VERY careful when unscrewing them.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1835 posts
1121 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
xksilver wrote: This is a great laptop for the money. However the screen is very poor in terms of brightness and sharpness. I use it basically as a desktop by hooking it up to a main monitor therefore its not an issue with me. If I did plan on using this laptop screen regularly for work/movie/browsing, then I'd definitely would spend extra $ for a better screen.

Also, NOTE:
the laptop screws are made of cheap soft metal. They can be EASILY stripped. Be VERY careful when unscrewing them.
This is one my complaints. The laptop has vents that only open up when the lid is open. So its iffy to keep this laptop closed and used as a desktop replacement since youre blocking like 80% of the vents.
Not a deal breaker since using the laptop as an extended screen is always useful but the option would have been nice to just keep closed and tucked away.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1470 posts
542 upvotes
Does the power supply come as a USB-C PD connector or the circular ones.
Nov 18, 2006
760 posts
160 upvotes
Montreal
Can anyone comment on how this compares to the recent Lenovo deals being posted recently?
Aug 13, 2003
411 posts
247 upvotes
Calgary
Dustler6 wrote: Does the power supply come as a USB-C PD connector or the circular ones.
Circular
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2007
1024 posts
1628 upvotes
St. Albert, AB
Nice. Thanks OP. I was looking for nice, cheap laptop to work on documents and this fits the bill.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
2648 posts
1346 upvotes
Barrie
quantman wrote: ...
I did a search of the forums before posting this. I didn't see any laptop posted in the $600 range. I also browsed that thread you linked and I couldn't even open the links on the OP so I couldn't validate if they were the same laptop or not (new tab opens then immediately closes).

Regardless, I am not trying to thread steal or anything...I needed something today so came to RFD, couldn't buy any of the ones posted here so went searching for my own and found this deal. Then shared it out. If the mods feel this isn't worthy of notifying people of they will make the decision to merge them.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2007
1024 posts
1628 upvotes
St. Albert, AB
RunnerForDeals wrote: I did a search of the forums before posting this. I didn't see any laptop posted in the $600 range. I also browsed that thread you linked and I couldn't even open the links on the OP so I couldn't validate if they were the same laptop or not (new tab opens then immediately closes).

Regardless, I am not trying to thread steal or anything...I needed something today so came to RFD, couldn't buy any of the ones posted here so went searching for my own and found this deal. Then shared it out. If the mods feel this isn't worthy of notifying people of they will make the decision to merge them.
This seems like it warrants a separate thread from the other one as the other laptop is based around a different processor and is currently $300+ more than this one. Like I said above, this post helped me out both in terms of time searching for a laptop and money on this one. Cheers OP.