Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

AA Eneloop Pro 4/8pk - $19.99/37.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 1st, 2022 5:08 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15506 posts
10153 upvotes
Toronto

[Dell] AA Eneloop Pro 4/8pk - $19.99/37.99

Is it hot? Just looking to get some batteries and the internet tells me that eneloops are the best and the pros are the cats meow. I found a thread saying amazon basics are rebanded eneloops, I just don't need like 24 AAs.

4pk for $19.99 save $7
https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/panason ... hoto-video

8pk for $37.99 save $10
https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/panason ... hoto-video
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
26 replies
Nov 12, 2012
779 posts
512 upvotes
Calgary
Depending on what device you're using them in, you may not need to pay extra for the "Pro"
The Eneloop Pro battery has a higher capacity than the regular Eneloop with 2500mAh vs. 1900mAh. The Pro can be charged up to 500 times while the regular Eneloop up to 2100 times.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15506 posts
10153 upvotes
Toronto
ok, that's good to know. Thanks!
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
7452 posts
5105 upvotes
SW ON
AmazonBasics used to be rebranded Eneloops but no more. Don't get the Pro. Even though they have higher capacity they die in about 2 years. The regular ones keep working for 10+ years.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15506 posts
10153 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks everyone, I actually went and got the ladda 2450s, 2x4 came out to one eneloop pro 4pk after tax. Should have bought a some AAA but next time when I need them. Package said made in Japan.

I heard that the amazon basics are somewhat larger, like .3mm over a standard AA or other eneloop and installing/removing could be an issue, so I decided to avoid them all together. Ikea didn't have the charger, I have an older energizer charger to use with these if it works with them, bought this charger about 10 years ago.

Glad I saved like 50% on these ikea instead of the eneloop pros. But great price all the same on the pros.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
176 posts
301 upvotes
koffey wrote: Thanks everyone, I actually went and got the ladda 2450s, 2x4 came out to one eneloop pro after tax. Should have bought a some AAA but next time when I need them. Package said made in Japan.

I heard that the amazon basics are somewhat larger, like .3mm over a standard AA or other eneloop and installing/removing could be an issue, so I decided to avoid them all together. Ikea didn't have the charger, I have an older energizer charger to use with these if it works with them, bought this charger about 10 years ago.

Glad I saved like 50% on these ikea instead of the eneloop pros. But great price all the same on the pros.
Ikea has the charger in stock for pretty cheap

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/search/products/?q=Ladda

The 1900 mAh batteries will give you 1000 cycles vs the 2450 mAh at 500 cycles.

The amazon basic batteries used to be good eneloop rewraps but now they are made in China or Malaysia
Images
  • IMG_20220331_102536.jpg
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15506 posts
10153 upvotes
Toronto
Lowfiguy8 wrote: Ikea has the charger in stock for pretty cheap

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/search/products/?q=Ladda

The 1900 mAh batteries will give you 1000 cycles vs the 2450 mAh at 500 cycles.

The amazon basic batteries used to be good eneloop rewraps but now they are made in China or Malaysia
The only batteries that I found in store was 750 and 2450. Charger is the same price in store, just zero stock when I went to the store and buying online, either $5 to pick up in store or $7.99 to the house, so I'll hold off for now and see if my old pan charger works. I don't see why it shouldn't.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Dec 5, 2013
355 posts
125 upvotes
Hamilton
MikeinYYC wrote: Depending on what device you're using them in, you may not need to pay extra for the "Pro"
hi If I use it in schlarge smart lock, which one is better, pro or non-pro version. Thanks.
Mar 20, 2016
576 posts
562 upvotes
Vancouver
zhuyyu wrote: hi If I use it in schlarge smart lock, which one is better, pro or non-pro version. Thanks.
According to google that device only lasts 2-6 months on batteries? Then you want the Pro.

If its a device that lasts >1yr, or you want to save a bit of money, then I would get the non-pro.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2004
2576 posts
71 upvotes
GTA
Bought the 4 pack couple of months back only because I have $14.63 in Dell Rewards that were expiring and they're the only item I saw on sale ( same price as now ) which I could use.

Otherwise, as most have posted Ikea batteries are my normal choice.
Stuff for sale/trade/wtb
Computer Stuff
My Heatware
Ebay
Jun 20, 2013
100 posts
90 upvotes
Original eneloops I got back way back (like 2014) from Dell are still working to this day and haven't noticed any significant capacity loss from them. Great stuff!

Funny thing is I got that deal through RFD lol. Brings me back.
Nov 11, 2021
2 posts
2 upvotes
The Ikea batteries may be gen 1 Eneloops based on the #recharge cycles specs listed on Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eneloop#V ... son_tables).

Eneloop branded batteries are going to be gen 4. There is a slight improvement in gen 4/3 vs gen 1 self-discharge. Depending on one's use case, there is the potential that gen 4 batteries will last noticeably longer than gen 1 before needing to be replaced/recharged (I have a smart wall clock that operates longer on Eneloop branded batteries when compared to my Ikea branded batteries).

The non-pro batteries have lower self-discharge compared to the pro batteries. So non-pro batteries are preferable in low discharge devices (e.g., clocks, remotes).
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2019
1109 posts
1937 upvotes
Nubee wrote: Bought the 4 pack couple of months back only because I have $14.63 in Dell Rewards that were expiring and they're the only item I saw on sale ( same price as now ) which I could use.

Otherwise, as most have posted Ikea batteries are my normal choice.
Thanks for reminding me about the Dell rewards! Had 12 bucks so I got these slightly cheaper than I would have from Ikea.
Jun 24, 2009
160 posts
180 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I love my eneloops (or rebranded). Highly recommend. I find in general the whites are easily more useful. U can do the math (or lots online have), but basically black has higher capacity, but discharge faster at idle. Whites lower capacity and discharge slower at idle. So after a certain amount of time, the black will discharge its extra capacity over the white, providing no extra gain.

So if u put a normal battery into the device and it needs changing around the 8-10 month mark. Then the white or black are equal.

In general the guy above gave the good rule. If it's a low discharge device and lasts 1y+, use white. If it's fast discharge (under a year), like game controllers, use blacks.

In my case the vast majority of devices are white. Remote controls, wireless keyboards, mouse. Only a few devices are high discharge and don't have their own Lithium battery built in (milk frother, maybe touchless soap dispenser, air freshener...).

And near the 1y mark where they the same, u wanna go with white, cuz they can be cycled (recharged) more.
Mobile: [Telus EPP $50 (20GB,UnlCanCall,UnlCanText)], [Rogers Corp+VoIP.ms $0+$0.85 (8GB,USRoam,PPUCanCall,PPUCanText)], [Freedom $16.17 (12Month 5GB HOME-416MB,UnlCanCall,UnlIntText)]
Internet: [Can-Com $85 (750/100-UnlData)]
Jun 12, 2010
600 posts
984 upvotes
I'm close to clueless about rechargeables, but I should really get them because disposable batteries suck. I've seen the Ikea batteries recommended a lot with no real alternatives (even the Costco deal a while back), it's just a hassle that there's no free shipping option.

What about chargers though? I've had a friend recommend this one for the additional features https://www.amazon.ca/UT1-Intelligent-R ... 08JLX8F45/ because apparently it can extend the life of the batteries?

I thought I read at one point that some devices don't play well with rechargeables, can anyone explain?