Expired Hot Deals

[Dell] Alienware 34" Monitor G-Sync AW3418DW $899

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2020 6:56 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Aug 2, 2014
28 posts
49 upvotes
Richmond, BC

[Dell] Alienware 34" Monitor G-Sync AW3418DW $899

First time posting.
I've been watching this monitor for a while. Just noticed the price drop.
Hope it helps.
Don't forget 2% off with Rakuten.
The 10%offmonitor doesn't seem to work on this.
214 replies
Newbie
Sep 22, 2019
5 posts
9 upvotes
hopefully this indicates that the price will drop further during boxing week
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9682 posts
9140 upvotes
Markham
Everyone who bought a couple weeks ago when I posted the sale, gogogo call for a price adjustment!

Edit: I just got refunded $90 + HST
Banned
Nov 13, 2019
155 posts
111 upvotes
JerryW2865 wrote: hopefully this indicates that the price will drop further during boxing week
We won't see this price on Boxing Day. It will be higher. Judging from past boxing days, the deals were bad.
Jr. Member
Sep 1, 2018
152 posts
151 upvotes
Toronto
I saw the LG 34GK950F-B for $950 on Black Friday on Memoryexpress and one of Amazon's flash sales. It's similar to this monitor but with a newer LG panel and only $50 more when it was on sale. The LG sold out quickly at that price. Hoping it goes down below $1k again on Boxing day...
4790k @ 4.6GHZ | Noctua NH-D14 | 16GB (2x8gb) DDR3 @ CL9 | Asrock Z97 OC Formula | GTX 1080 ti | AW3420DW | Klipsch 2.1 Promedia | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo & 5TB WD Black | Seasonic 760wt Platinum | Corsair 300R | Win 10
Member
User avatar
Jan 18, 2007
243 posts
24 upvotes
Calgary
Extreme high-quality monitor, a decent price for the quality considered. I picked one up, thanks OP!
I am the liquor.
Jim Lahey, Sunnyvale Trailer Park Supervisor
It's liquor day Randy.
Member
Nov 24, 2008
252 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
Wow this is a smoking deal for the monitor. I bought it at 1049 and was very happy.
Member
User avatar
Apr 22, 2010
265 posts
175 upvotes
Markham
There's a slightly better offer if you go through CAA Rewards: earn 10% in CAA dollars, i.e. $90 for this monitor.
Member
User avatar
Dec 29, 2010
205 posts
246 upvotes
Laval
So I just bought a 32” LG 1440p 144hz 1ms freesync/g-sync compatible screen on amazon for 389$ last week.

I’m curious, besides the extra 2”, what’s so great about this monitor for 510$ more?
Newbie
Jul 25, 2016
55 posts
20 upvotes
Ottawa
Definitly a good price, I've been considering it for a few days.

For those wondering best buy will have the PG348Q Asus WQHD for 800$ starting 6pm tuesday 24th.
But the alienware is a superior panel and thus I'm kind of hoping they will lower it even further for boxing day.
"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”

Koodo 5GB 48$ Manitoba Plan
Sr. Member
Feb 3, 2019
620 posts
920 upvotes
Canada
I would advise anyone from buying off Dell. I bought a monitor on black friday, still havn't received my monitor. They sent me 2 notices of delays, one was a 2 week delay...and then next was a month and a half delay. They said est. time of delivery is now end of January 2020. This'll be my last purchase ever from the dell website (there are multiple people online that has had very bad experiences with dell delivery times).
Live a little
Newbie
Jul 25, 2016
55 posts
20 upvotes
Ottawa
Jackji wrote: I would advise anyone from buying off Dell. I bought a monitor on black friday, still havn't received my monitor. They sent me 2 notices of delays, one was a 2 week delay...and then next was a month and a half delay. They said est. time of delivery is now end of January 2020. This'll be my last purchase ever from the dell website (there are multiple people online that has had very bad experiences with dell delivery times).
Can you share with us what item you purchased? - I don't believe this panel is out of stock and should ship very quickly.
"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”

Koodo 5GB 48$ Manitoba Plan
Sr. Member
Feb 3, 2019
620 posts
920 upvotes
Canada
Jigslice wrote: Can you share with us what item you purchased? - I don't believe this panel is out of stock and should ship very quickly.
S2419HGF

There weren't any indications of the panel being out of stock at the time of my purchase...
Live a little
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2489 posts
1635 upvotes
Montreal
bigjzus wrote: I’m curious, besides the extra 2”, what’s so great about this monitor for 510$ more?
It has a real G-sync(hardware), not the "G-sync compatible"(freesync), it's IPS, it's 4ms, it's curved, it has a resolution of 3440 X 1440, your LG is 2560 x 1440.
Last edited by xblackdemonx on Dec 21st, 2019 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2011
1166 posts
279 upvotes
STOUFFVILLE
Dell is very inconsistent with shipping times, but their monitor quality is well worth the wait.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
5052 posts
3582 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
bigjzus wrote: So I just bought a 32” LG 1440p 144hz 1ms freesync/g-sync compatible screen on amazon for 389$ last week.

I’m curious, besides the extra 2”, what’s so great about this monitor for 510$ more?
This is an ultrawide so you get extra pixels on the side and is curved for more immersion. Yours also sounds like a TN Panel so picture quality on this monitor will be better then yours as well.
Current Fido and Rogers customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Newbie
Jul 27, 2019
51 posts
62 upvotes
How about Alienware 27 Gaming Monitor AW2720HF?

I like the idea of playing games at 240hz. The concern is that it's only 1080p but I doubt my 1060 can do both like playing games at high resolution and high refresh rate. I'm torn.
Newbie
May 26, 2018
3 posts
1 upvote
Save an additional 10% off on select Dell monitors featured in the Home and Home Office store with limited quantity coupon.

Coupon code: 10%OFFMONITOR
Newbie
Feb 4, 2012
66 posts
31 upvotes
Milton
younng wrote: Save an additional 10% off on select Dell monitors featured in the Home and Home Office store with limited quantity coupon.

Coupon code: 10%OFFMONITOR
Unfortunately this coupon does not work for this monitor (right now). It has in past when it was > $1000.

Dell's website indicates: "This is a valid coupon code, but there are no matching items currently in your cart."
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2489 posts
1635 upvotes
Montreal
MohammadAnasA88914 wrote: How about Alienware 27 Gaming Monitor AW2720HF?

I like the idea of playing games at 240hz. The concern is that it's only 1080p but I doubt my 1060 can do both like playing games at high resolution and high refresh rate. I'm torn.
You'll never achieve 240fps with a 1060 unless you always play on low/medium

Top