Expired Hot Deals

Dell Boxing Day

Alienware M15 R6 - i7-11800 16GB 1TB RTX 3070 - $1999.99 (UPDATE: $1987 tax incl. with 12% rakuten)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2022 9:12 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
6466 posts
3108 upvotes
Germany
Kevcorm wrote: I wouldn't make my decision based on a click bait YouTube video, that said it seems everyone has come to the same conclusion for this machine when using the more high end gpu. Most reviewers had the 3080, which I imagine needs the most cooling.
Jarrod is probably the most comprehensive reviewer on Youtube. He buys most of the laptops he reviews with his own money. If he says it has problems, odds are it does.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
1917 posts
1656 upvotes
unshavenyak wrote: Jarrod is probably the most comprehensive reviewer on Youtube. He buys most of the laptops he reviews with his own money. If he says it has problems, odds are it does.
I wonder how the model with the 3060 performs, it in theory should get much less hot. Even the 3070 should be much better.
Dec 10, 2006
943 posts
453 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm quite happy with the Alienware, the Command Centre software works fine, did not encounter any bugs. The fan on "Balanced" mode is quiet, but at "Full Speed", it is insanely loud to the point where you need headphones. I've also ran into throttling issue with dipping FPS after playing Forza for an hour under "Balanced" mode, and had to change back to "Full Speed" in Command Centre to stop the throttling.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
11679 posts
5687 upvotes
i have a legion at work office and used a alienware and now currently a g7 for home use. Used to be a fan of the alienware and would upgrade to a new one each year then tried a legion and well that was the end for alienware. Yes its eye candy if you like all the lights ect but legion is better in almost every category except id say the screen.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
May 29, 2011
1431 posts
710 upvotes
KANATA
blazed16 wrote: i have a legion at work office and used a alienware and now currently a g7 for home use. Used to be a fan of the alienware and would upgrade to a new one each year then tried a legion and well that was the end for alienware. Yes its eye candy if you like all the lights ect but legion is better in almost every category except id say the screen.
I know very little about gaming laptops, and the lenovo site is absolutely trash. What do you have?
derpin
Sep 1, 2006
307 posts
134 upvotes
Newmarket
unshavenyak wrote: Jarrod is probably the most comprehensive reviewer on Youtube. He buys most of the laptops he reviews with his own money. If he says it has problems, odds are it does.
I find his videos informative, but his constant clickbait titles of "2 BIG PROBLEMS" etc is tiring. His benchmarking is welcome, though.

Dude could be dating Halle Berry and would still post a video titled "HOT GIRLFRIEND, BUT AT WHAT COST".
Feb 18, 2008
29 posts
10 upvotes
Scarborough
unshavenyak wrote: -Runs hot
-Attrocious battery life
-Loud fans—40+ dB in “Quiet” mode
-nVME read/write is no where near other PCI-e 4x Tiger Lake laptops
-Keybord deck flex
-Display wobble
-Alienware software is buggy

All the drawbacks are in the video I posted. Just get a Legion 7 if you have time to wait.
Agree with everything here, but if you plan on docking it so you don’t experience the heat, noise, etc. it is a beast. Ya and prepare to wipe the drive and reinstall a fresh OS.
Whatever is not nailed down, is mine. Whatever I can pry loose, was not nailed down.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)