Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard AW768 $79.99 (July 13th doorbuster)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2018 1:42 pm
Tags:
Jun 15, 2017
186 posts
93 upvotes

[Dell] Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard AW768 $79.99 (July 13th doorbuster)

Dell black friday in July has Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard AW768 at 79.99$ . It`s a doorbuster deal on friday 7/13, 6am ET

Flyer Link

Edit: Added flyer link
Last edited by acepoker999 on Jul 11th, 2018 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
49 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4995 posts
2427 upvotes
Markham
I think my door is fine
Banned
Jan 11, 2016
446 posts
325 upvotes
Made in Canada
Would skip this keyboard for a Corsair K70 model. The build quality is mediocre at best. Also they feel like Cherry MX Brown switches if anyone is wondering.
Jun 15, 2017
186 posts
93 upvotes
BiteSizeThumb wrote: Would skip this keyboard for a Corsair K70 model. The build quality is mediocre at best. Also they feel like Cherry MX Brown switches if anyone is wondering.
You are comparing a 140$ keyboard (Corsair K70) vs 80$. Not really fair playing field.
Banned
Jan 11, 2016
446 posts
325 upvotes
Made in Canada
acepoker999 wrote: You are comparing a 140$ keyboard (Corsair K70) vs 80$. Not really fair playing field.
You're also comparing an Alienware gaming keyboard that's on sale (originally $140) so it's not far off.

For reference, you can get a refurbished K70 from Newegg for under $80.

Just giving people the options. I bought the Alienware keyboard before buying the G810 Orion before settling on a K70 Rapidfire. There's a reason why it's rated best gaming keyboard currently in the market.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
7009 posts
6859 upvotes
Ottawa
acepoker999 wrote: You are comparing a 140$ keyboard (Corsair K70) vs 80$. Not really fair playing field.
Welcome to RFD where for every deal, someone recommends something double the price.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
7009 posts
6859 upvotes
Ottawa
BiteSizeThumb wrote: You're also comparing an Alienware gaming keyboard that's on sale (originally $140) so it's not far off.

Just giving people the options. I bought the Alienware keyboard before buying the G810 Orion before settling on a K70 Rapidfire. There's a reason why it's rated best gaming keyboard currently in the market.
Not that Corsair has much to really do with this thread, but Corsair isn't known for being a top tier mechanical keyboard producer. More of a "good of the poor gaming producing". There's better options out there.
Banned
Jan 11, 2016
446 posts
325 upvotes
Made in Canada
Konowl wrote: Not that Corsair has much to really do with this thread, but Corsair isn't known for being a top tier mechanical keyboard producer. More of a "good of the poor gaming producing". There's better options out there.
Of course there are better options, but we're talking mid $100 pricing (before sales) at a consumer level, it would be considered the best overall. To each their own though. Like many accessories, it's all based on personal opinion. I for one couldn't get use to the macro keys on the Alienware and accidently hitting them when pressing ESC.

It also didn't come with a palm rest. So if anyone's buying this keyboard, I'd recommend getting the palm rest add on that's on sale as well from Dell.
https://www.dell.com/en-ca/work/shop/ac ... d/275-bbco
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
3580 posts
6290 upvotes
Atlantic
BiteSizeThumb wrote: You're also comparing an Alienware gaming keyboard that's on sale (originally $140) so it's not far off.

If you feel that a refurbished Corsair keyboard is a good deal, no one is stopping you from making a new hot deals thread on it.

But this thread is about a deal on an Alienware keyboard. If you make suggestions, at least keep it similar to the original deal - in price and quality.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
3580 posts
6290 upvotes
Atlantic
BiteSizeThumb wrote: Of course there are better options, but we're talking mid $100 pricing (before sales) at a consumer level, it would be considered the best overall. To each their own though. Like many accessories, it's all based on personal opinion. I for one couldn't get use to the macro keys on the Alienware and accidently hitting them when pressing ESC.

It also didn't come with a palm rest. So if anyone's buying this keyboard, I'd recommend getting the palm rest add on that's on sale as well from Dell.
https://www.dell.com/en-ca/work/shop/ac ... d/275-bbco
No.... we're talking about a "deal" about a keyboard that is selling for $80. Not original price of mid 100s.

It's like a deal (reduced price) about a certain HP desktop. And you come in with a suggestion for a similar speccd desktop from Dell selling for full price.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
7009 posts
6859 upvotes
Ottawa
BiteSizeThumb wrote: Of course there are better options, but we're talking mid $100 pricing (before sales) at a consumer level, it would be considered the best overall.
No, the thread is about an $80 keyboard. You brought in mid-$100 pricing comparisons. I'm not a nuclear physicist, but that's double the price. Best overall is HIGHY subjective and debatable, which was my point. This thread is getting derailed.

Good price on the keyboard OP, and nice find.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2009
1419 posts
5713 upvotes
Van Isle
Konowl wrote: No, the thread is about an $80 keyboard. You brought in mid-$100 pricing comparisons. I'm not a nuclear physicist, but that's double the price. Best overall is HIGHY subjective and debatable, which was my point. This thread is getting derailed.

Good price on the keyboard OP, and nice find.
Totally agree KONOWL. I have noticed lately maybe in the last year or so that there has been a huge increase in threadcrappers that post apples to oranges comparisons which is puzzling to me......If you are a serial threadcrapper and you think your deal is WAY better then post it as a hot deal in its own thread instead of shytting on someone elses hot deal. APPRECIATE all hot deals regardless of whether you think yours is tenfold better or not........yeesh
Abstinence makes the church grow fondlers
Dec 10, 2003
510 posts
576 upvotes
Vancouver #1
I'm on the side of the guy who posted the refurb corsair keyboard. It's good to know about alternatives within the same post. I would rather get the reburb because it's only a little more costly and it has a smaller foot print which will match my small table more. They are similarly priced and competing products. I don't see it as apples to oranges. One is a Fuji Apple, the other is a Gala Apple. May be one is organic glutten free apple vs GMO apple. You get the point.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2626 posts
2586 upvotes
Vancouver

I have a K70, and a DAS, I like to experiment, and I really want RGB
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2003
2045 posts
315 upvotes
Does Dell do price adjustments? I bought this last week using promo dollars. It'd be sweet if it worked out to be $50 out the door for me.