Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2018

[Dell] Dell Black Friday flyer is now up!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2018 8:24 am
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1045 posts
961 upvotes
Toronto, ON
The two Samsung TVs are not QLED. They are normal VA edge-lit crap TVs.
Koodo $40 8GB
Nov 24, 2016
342 posts
103 upvotes
Calgary
Lone_Prodigy wrote:
Nov 15th, 2018 11:06 am
Any comments on the 24" monitor? It's a TN screen.
this one was on sale back in SEPTEMBER about the same price, I bought one but its leaking light for.the whole screen. I RETURNED it after. BUT might be the one I had.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1563 posts
805 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
Seagate 4TB USB 3.0 Expansion Desktop external hard drive (STEB4000100) Starting Price $99.99
Looks like a deal, if 10% cash back from ebates comes back
Jul 20, 2003
482 posts
14 upvotes
Hownis the Xbox 1 X even a deal?! It was cheaper with same bundle during the RDR2 discount just two weeks ago LMAO
Jul 20, 2003
482 posts
14 upvotes
Hownis the Xbox 1 X even a deal?! It was cheaper with same bundle during the RDR2 discount just two weeks ago LMAO
Jul 21, 2011
570 posts
388 upvotes
Knowhere
regardless of price, quality of dell product is a huge issue, and outsourced support is making it worse... how can someone does not speak english to support an english speaking country?!!!

dell, dell, dell, used to be favorite brand...
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
2622 posts
1429 upvotes
Kitchener
I'll say it once. Companies selling Windows Laptops with 32GB drives should be criminally charged. Their CEO/CAO/CFO should be thrown into prison and locked away for 200 years.

You really gotta know what you're doing if you want to have *any* usable space after the first update.

It's fine if it's a Chromebook, but Windows? No. NO NO NO! Don't buy unless you're super familiar with Windows, are OK with the command prompt, and know what useless junk and other files (update files, for example) to delete, and disable a whole bunch of HD eating functions (like restore points, swapfile, pagefile, etc). And have a few hours of spare time to get 'er all done.

If this were 2006 and Windows Vista...sure, 32GB is a little small, but, hey...budget and crap.

And yeah, I have this unit (though not the Intel version, I have the AMD chip), which I bought for my kids home schooling. I did know what I got myself into before doing it, and was prepared for some sort of fight with Windows. This computer wasn't intended to store lot of info. However, after Windows updating itself, I was down to 1GB of room, with warnings from MS telling me to delete crap that it didn't know what I should delete -- so, yeah, told me to delete my personal files (which I had ZERO of).

Rant, I know, but Microsoft screws everyone over, and Dell should be ashamed of themselves for selling it. At the very least, have instructions how to get back your space; or better yet, MS should have an app that can delete and optimize disk space.

/rant

My efforts gave me 12.1 GB -- still not as good as the 18 GB I started with, but good enough. (I did add one app the is about 1.5GB, so perhaps 13.6GB is a better answer)
How can we fly like eagles, when we're governed by Turkeys?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1649 upvotes
Still pissed Dell cancelled my hard drive order and they let people order it for almost a whole day.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Jul 7, 2013
14 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
aquariaguy wrote:
Nov 16th, 2018 10:43 am
Still pissed Dell cancelled my hard drive order and they let people order it for almost a whole day.
Dude, last week I ordered two 2 TB seagate external hard drives for $39.99 each and they cancelled my order two days ago saying "we've run out of stock and it was a pricing error". Such bad customer service. Why list item on sale then cancel orders when the item goes out of stock? They still haven't refunded my Rewards cash back balance saying it will take 5 business days.
Dec 27, 2017
21 posts
Any thoughts on the G5 Laptop for $1049? The i7 and GTX1060 in there makes it look pretty mighty.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1649 upvotes
awesomepawsome wrote:
Nov 16th, 2018 11:10 am
Dude, last week I ordered two 2 TB seagate external hard drives for $39.99 each and they cancelled my order two days ago saying "we've run out of stock and it was a pricing error". Such bad customer service. Why list item on sale then cancel orders when the item goes out of stock? They still haven't refunded my Rewards cash back balance saying it will take 5 business days.
Yea exactly man. Never ordering from Dell again. Not even a discount code or something.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Jul 7, 2013
14 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Last year I ordered a $50 12 month xbox live subscription from them and it took them 1.5 weeks just to verify my credit card and another 4-5 days to "deliver" the digital code. I told them I could've just got it from Bestbuy for $10 more instead of losing two weeks of my gaming time. I promised myself not to buy from them again but the $40 deal seemed too good to be true and it was.........
Oct 16, 2018
9 posts
2 upvotes
awesomepawsome wrote:
Nov 16th, 2018 11:10 am
Has something similar happen, and got hung up on from their customer support. Every time you order from them, you gotta pray nothing happens to your order. Not really worth the miniscule saving. Better off buying from somewhere that doesn’t treat their customers like shit.