Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2018

[Dell] Dell Black Friday flyer is now up!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2018 8:24 am
Nov 24, 2012
44 posts
24 upvotes
Mississauga
Can you put an ssd in the Inspiron 3000?. Crucial says it's upgradable but not sure if it's for this emmc model.
Jun 10, 2018
32 posts
24 upvotes
Ontario
Alien Aurora Gaming Desktop with 8th Gen Intel Core i7 processor, 16GB RAM, 2TB hard drive + 128GB SSD, 6GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 and Windows 10 - $1599.99 (regularly $2449.99)

Looking for a gaming pc. New to things and thought this looked like a good deal and was debating getting it. Does anyone have any suggestions on this model and is this a good deal for the specs?

Thanks in advance for any help
Jul 9, 2009
145 posts
84 upvotes
Cornwall
arandomguy wrote:
Nov 15th, 2018 11:27 am
I think Windows update will have problems with the 32GB drive on that Inspiron.

But I'm looking a cheapo device for someone that only uses it watching youtube and reading e-mail basically and who's used to doing all that in a browser in Windows.

Wondering if it's worth to with this instead https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/asus- ... verviewtab for supposedly for $350 (maybe cheaper if Student discount stacks).
I bought an HP Stream last year, and now it's almost useless because I keep getting messages that Windows update has failed. I deleted all that I could, I added usb storage and changed the settings to store everything on the usb, but it is still failing.
Jan 2, 2006
127 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
LiamJ69082 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 5:46 pm
Alien Aurora Gaming Desktop with 8th Gen Intel Core i7 processor, 16GB RAM, 2TB hard drive + 128GB SSD, 6GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 and Windows 10 - $1599.99 (regularly $2449.99)

Looking for a gaming pc. New to things and thought this looked like a good deal and was debating getting it. Does anyone have any suggestions on this model and is this a good deal for the specs?

Thanks in advance for any help
I am looking for the same and I am not sure this is a very good deal. I kind of wanted a bit pricier Alien hopping for a better deal from Dell, even chated with their support complaining that their BF sux and he mentioned that on Friday they might have something better.

For a hundred more you can get 8GB video and 256 SSD, which is worth I think.
Jun 10, 2018
32 posts
24 upvotes
Ontario
calexicoca wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 5:59 pm
I am looking for the same and I am not sure this is a very good deal. I kind of wanted a bit pricier Alien hopping for a better deal from Dell, even chated with their support complaining that their BF sux and he mentioned that on Friday they might have something better.

For a hundred more you can get 8GB video and 256 SSD, which is worth I think.
Which configuration or model are you referring to for the extra $100 with the 256 ssd? Would like to see all options before I make the decision. Thanks for the reply !
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
5332 posts
1948 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
jeff1970 wrote:
Nov 16th, 2018 2:49 am
I'll say it once. Companies selling Windows Laptops with 32GB drives should be criminally charged. Their CEO/CAO/CFO should be thrown into prison and locked away for 200 years.

You really gotta know what you're doing if you want to have *any* usable space after the first update.

It's fine if it's a Chromebook, but Windows? No. NO NO NO! Don't buy unless you're super familiar with Windows, are OK with the command prompt, and know what useless junk and other files (update files, for example) to delete, and disable a whole bunch of HD eating functions (like restore points, swapfile, pagefile, etc). And have a few hours of spare time to get 'er all done.

If this were 2006 and Windows Vista...sure, 32GB is a little small, but, hey...budget and crap.

And yeah, I have this unit (though not the Intel version, I have the AMD chip), which I bought for my kids home schooling. I did know what I got myself into before doing it, and was prepared for some sort of fight with Windows. This computer wasn't intended to store lot of info. However, after Windows updating itself, I was down to 1GB of room, with warnings from MS telling me to delete crap that it didn't know what I should delete -- so, yeah, told me to delete my personal files (which I had ZERO of).

Rant, I know, but Microsoft screws everyone over, and Dell should be ashamed of themselves for selling it. At the very least, have instructions how to get back your space; or better yet, MS should have an app that can delete and optimize disk space.

/rant

My efforts gave me 12.1 GB -- still not as good as the 18 GB I started with, but good enough. (I did add one app the is about 1.5GB, so perhaps 13.6GB is a better answer)
I bought a Lenovo with the exact same specs (Celeron, 4GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC non-replaceable) a couple years ago for $130 on clearance at the Source. Ended up throwing it in the trash because of all the warnings and couldn't get any software such as Microsoft Office on it without getting a warning about low space. I spent an entire day trying to delete caches, page files, windows update files, etc. still not enough space. Only had 3 GB left after all the large Windows updates which keep accumulating and taking up more and more space.

I can't imagine paying $199 for trash like that. Even the sale price is highway robbery. Not to mention that I cannot fathom the regular price of $369 for a useless piece of junk with non-replaceable 32GB eMMC drive.
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."
I like wearing tinfoil hats.

¯\_(-.-)_/¯

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ "Behold!"
Aug 21, 2016
148 posts
69 upvotes
Anyone remember if ebates did 10% last black friday? Also is there any stackable student discount or did that stop long ago?
Nov 29, 2011
12 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Hey I see the XPS 13 for $1799 (i7, 16GB ram, 512GB SSD) this seems like a good deal. Comments?
Nov 4, 2010
141 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver
fern54 wrote:
Nov 21st, 2018 10:41 am
Anyone remember if ebates did 10% last black friday? Also is there any stackable student discount or did that stop long ago?
Yes, I'm trying to remember the same thing...I want to pull the trigger on something but if I new ebates was going to jump up to 10%+...I'd prob wait and buy from dell...
Jul 29, 2018
9 posts
1 upvote
Does anyone know if 10% Uni days coupons can be stacked on top of the Blackfriday deals?
Nov 4, 2010
141 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver
smkhan91 wrote:
Nov 21st, 2018 3:35 pm
Does anyone know if 10% Uni days coupons can be stacked on top of the Blackfriday deals?
I think so. Just waiting to see if ebates is going to go up
Aug 21, 2016
148 posts
69 upvotes
malarkey01 wrote:
Nov 21st, 2018 3:47 pm
I think so. Just waiting to see if ebates is going to go up
Unidays replaced their old student pricing website? Are you able to stack ebates and then a Unidays code?
Edit: Sorry and does it stack with Dell rewards too?
Jul 6, 2017
43 posts
24 upvotes
Just got a Dell flyer at work. "Early deals are live". Some decently priced stuff in there actually, I'm just not sure where to share it.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2004
3664 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
fern54 wrote:
Nov 21st, 2018 10:41 am
Yea, they did do 10% last year for Black Friday.