• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2020 5:09 am
[OP]
Sep 30, 2020
7 posts
4 upvotes
Langley, BC

[Dell] Blue Yeti midnight blue $159.99

I've been eyeing on the blue yeti for quite a while and have been waiting for a deal. This is probably not a hot deal but better than nothing. I probably won't pull the trigger myself - waiting for the back Friday but maybe some of the folks here may use it.
7 replies
Mar 26, 2015
82 posts
137 upvotes
BC
pennyroyaltea wrote: I've been eyeing on the blue yeti for quite a while and have been waiting for a deal. This is probably not a hot deal but better than nothing. I probably won't pull the trigger myself - waiting for the back Friday but maybe some of the folks here may use it.
I have also been eyeing. But Dell says it "Ships 01-05-2021".

Might as well wait for Black Friday. Granted the demand for microphones this year has surged, so who knows if we will actually see a deep discount in November.
Aug 14, 2011
304 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto
pennyroyaltea wrote: I've been eyeing on the blue yeti for quite a while and have been waiting for a deal. This is probably not a hot deal but better than nothing. I probably won't pull the trigger myself - waiting for the back Friday but maybe some of the folks here may use it.
thanks OP. I am in the market for a studio mic for streaming as well. What research has led you to this one?
Real Estate Sales Agent
[OP]
Sep 30, 2020
7 posts
4 upvotes
Langley, BC
bosoxfanx wrote: thanks OP. I am in the market for a studio mic for streaming as well. What research has led you to this one?
It seems this is a well liked microphone by youtubers and generally reviews are positive on all the retailer websites. Alternatives within the same price range would be audio technica but I kinda like how blue yeti looks.
Dec 5, 2013
31 posts
1 upvote
bosoxfanx wrote: thanks OP. I am in the market for a studio mic for streaming as well. What research has led you to this one?
Look into the Fifine K678. It is cheaper and I like the warmness of tone that it delivers. Honest opinion, I think the blue yeti at this price isn't that great since a comparable mic would be Fifine K678 at $50 cheaper.
Oct 8, 2020
141 posts
104 upvotes
What's up with these Yeti prices?
I got one a few years back for less than $100
Mar 4, 2015
245 posts
170 upvotes
Vancouver
NikolaZrinski wrote: What's up with these Yeti prices?
Marketing/pandemic pricing.

They are way overpriced, but going to an XLR mic / audio interface is intimidating to a lot of folks.

(That said, I'm pretty happy with the one I got off Facebook marketplace for $10 from someone who didn't know what they had)
Nov 27, 2013
71 posts
59 upvotes
Westmount
NikolaZrinski wrote: What's up with these Yeti prices?
Agreed, these were typically on sale, through various vendors, every few weeks between $90-$110.
Regardless it's a very nice mic!