None
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2005
2264 posts
132 upvotes
Maple

dell boxing day deals??

Hey

im not too familiair with [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=168]dell's[/rfdlink] boxing day deals...do you guys think there will be deals to be had from [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=167]dell[/rfdlink] during this years boxing day??

=)
11 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1326 upvotes
Sauga
Last year's offer from [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=161]Dell.ca[/rfdlink] was nothing special...
http://www.redflagdeals.com/deals/main. ... nts/16339/

Most of [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=168]Dell's[/rfdlink] good deals around the end of the year come in late November and early December.
Jun 29, 2005
81 posts
Dundas, ON near you!
I cant believe I missed that 20.1" widescreen from [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=167]dell[/rfdlink]! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! booooo Hissss.... :( Think they would have a deal for Boxing Day?

Any insight?

Mods please move this thread for me... Wrong area! Thx
Jan 31, 2005
466 posts
290 upvotes
_Ravell_ wrote:I cant believe I missed that 20.1" widescreen from [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=167]dell[/rfdlink]! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! booooo Hissss.... :( Think they would have a deal for Boxing Day?

Any insight?
Try calling a sales rep and see what they can do for you....
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2005
4142 posts
1 upvote
You can usually negotiate prices to their "best deal price" anytime during the year.
Nov 22, 2003
841 posts
10 upvotes
kcjchan wrote:You can usually negotiate prices to their "best deal price" anytime during the year.
You mean I can search the past hot deals, and ask on the phone to get the same even if the deal's no longer offered on the internet?

BTW don't forget to play the [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=167]Dell[/rfdlink] lottery:
http://www.winwithdell.com/snowball/EN/index.php
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2005
4142 posts
1 upvote
malaca wrote:You mean I can search the past hot deals, and ask on the phone to get the same even if the deal's no longer offered on the internet?

BTW don't forget to play the [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=167]Dell[/rfdlink] lottery:
http://www.winwithdell.com/snowball/EN/index.php
Yes, that's if the representative is really trying to make a sale. If they won't, hang up and try another representative. Usually, if you tell them stuff like I didn't have a credit card, or I didn't have internet access during the deal and stuff like that they usually will honour their special deal prices.
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
if it's anything like last yr, then there's prbly nothing special...

but sure hope it's not :)
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Nov 24, 2002
129 posts
1 upvote
I've attempted the expired sale negotiations....normally it works, but not today :(

Normally they give a little line about the "check with my manager"...today they offered me a 15% discount on a x51v, with free shipping (I wanted the $400 price, currently $600).

I refused the initial offer and asked to speak to the manager...he said he was "busy"....funny story...since you just asked him a question :-0

I tried a couple more times...just getting the "the best we can do" line...

Oh well...never bought it
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2005
4142 posts
1 upvote
Ethos wrote:I've attempted the expired sale negotiations....normally it works, but not today :(

Normally they give a little line about the "check with my manager"...today they offered me a 15% discount on a x51v, with free shipping (I wanted the $400 price, currently $600).

I refused the initial offer and asked to speak to the manager...he said he was "busy"....funny story...since you just asked him a question :-0

I tried a couple more times...just getting the "the best we can do" line...

Oh well...never bought it
Might be because lots of people are willing to buy at the higher prices during the holidays. Try again a bit later and they might offer you the price of $379 (the lowest I've seen it at)
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2002
1608 posts
479 upvotes
kcjchan wrote:You can usually negotiate prices to their "best deal price" anytime during the year.
Has anybody confirmed they were able to get the 20" widescreen LCD for $499?