Budget Monitor - Dell 27 Monitor: SE2719HR - $199.99 + Taxes [No VESA Support]

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2020 12:16 am
Tags:
[OP]
Apr 16, 2013
7 posts
11 upvotes

[Dell] Budget Monitor - Dell 27 Monitor: SE2719HR - $199.99 + Taxes [No VESA Support]

Decent deal for regular 27" business/work use monitor. Unfortunately, No VESA mount.

Decent overall monitor according to Tom's Hardware:
https://www.tomsguide.com/best-picks/best-monitors

Maybe able to price match @ Bestbuy = Current listed at $299.99 new:
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/de ... r/14398509

Some Specs:

- 27'' LED display with full HD 1080p resolution, and 16:9 ratio delivers solid gaming or movie experience
- 8ms response time offers smooth, fast transitions and blur-free images on screen
- AMD Radeon FreeSync technology with 75Hz refresh rate lets you enjoy tear-free gaming experience
- 300 cd/m2 brightness rating produces crisper whites for overall sharper visuals
- 178-degree horizontal and vertical viewing angles let you experience consistent images from multiple vantage points
- In-plane switching technology keeps colours consistent and accurate
- Thin bezel, small, durable stand, and built-in power supply reduce desk clutter
- Easy tilting allows you to set the ideal viewing angle
- VGA and HDMI 1.4 outputs allow seamless connectivity between the monitor and your console or PC
13 replies
Apr 11, 2020
15 posts
13 upvotes
Be careful I had the same deal in March and I waited 4 months for dell to actually ship it.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
4055 posts
3861 upvotes
Toronto
The lenovo L24q would be a better deal in almost all aspect with a lower price if you can live with 24"
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2019
1458 posts
3283 upvotes
Canada
Lol at this point, anyone who posts a 27" monitor that is FHD on RFD is a brave soul. (from all previous posts, it's generally agreed FHD on a 27" is just not that good) Plus no VESA mount is a deal killer, on top of the fact that the monitor ONLY has tilt function, that's an oof
Live a little
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2009
1241 posts
983 upvotes
Toronto
I paid $170 for the same monitor back in February. It’s a decent screen for working from home. It’s on par with the quality of monitors you get in most corporate offices. not sure I would spend $200 for it though
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
25157 posts
10202 upvotes
Socially Distanced
I bought the predecessor to this monitor and had to exchange it 3 times because of defects. So far so good on this one but i am sworn off Dell monitors in the future. Lets hope they improved the quality, though i won't be testing that hope myself.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
7896 posts
2269 upvotes
Toronto
mcfrugal wrote: I paid $170 for the same monitor back in February. It’s a decent screen for working from home. It’s on par with the quality of monitors you get in most corporate offices. not sure I would spend $200 for it though
"10%off monitor" work with this order, so come in as $180 + tax
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2008
1696 posts
668 upvotes
The Capital
I saw this "deal" on the RFD main page a couple weeks back. Ordered it right away.
When compared to what people wanted via kijiji for used 24" (around 100$ or so), I bought this for the coupon.

I like it a lot. It's perfect for my work needs, and even I would want to watch something.

The quality is fine for me. *shrug*
kanard wrote: Be careful I had the same deal in March and I waited 4 months for dell to actually ship it.
I ordered mine on a sunday, and had it by wednesday from the depot.
Mar 5, 2018
348 posts
153 upvotes
Last year, I bought the SE2717H for 150$ + taxes. Quality is good, but I wish the stand height adjustable. I'm waiting for the S2719HS deal. It's still 290$ (can get 10%)
Jun 19, 2013
24 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
Bought 2 of these a few weeks ago to use my AMEX promo. They are pretty good for work, colour and picture quality is obviously not as great as higher end ones but overall, no complaints. They shipped within a week of ordering (GTA).

You can also buy a VESA mount adapter on Amazon if you want more adjustability, just make sure it is compatible with the model.

https://www.amazon.ca/Support-fixation- ... 990&sr=8-1
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
25157 posts
10202 upvotes
Socially Distanced
mmagda wrote: I saw this "deal" on the RFD main page a couple weeks back. Ordered it right away.
When compared to what people wanted via kijiji for used 24" (around 100$ or so), I bought this for the coupon.
Really, i have a 27" HP monitor i don't use, if i could get $100 for it...
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Jan 27, 2002
117 posts
3 upvotes
kanard wrote: Be careful I had the same deal in March and I waited 4 months for dell to actually ship it.
Same here. I ordered mid-March and didn't receive it until end of June. This is on par with eBay dropshippers. I kept asking them for status updates and they contract out to Indian reps who copy and paste canned responses. All they said was the parts were not available. When the monitor finally arrived I looked at the box and it said manufactured March 2020.
Jul 27, 2018
171 posts
90 upvotes
4k 32"
4k 43 "

Anyone knows why they are the same price?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)