• Dec 21st, 2009 10:55 am
Tags:
None
Nov 20, 2007
124 posts
34 upvotes
Guelph

Dell.ca Boxing day deals?

Historically, does Dell offer any great deals or packages as Christmas approaches? Is it worth waiting to see what they offer before I look for my custom build?
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2008
6964 posts
65 upvotes
Ottawa
I got a decent deal on a dell laptop last boxing day. They do have some good sales sometimes, but sometimes they jack up the price just so they can lower it to make it seem good.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29130 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Not only as Christmas approaches but also in January, presumably to blow out excess inventory. The problem is that you won't know if a deal in December is the lowest possible price until January or February. My suggestion is to take advantage of deals in December and hope any reductions (which might or might not occur) are relatively minor.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
3806 posts
23 upvotes
angelelusive wrote: Historically, does Dell offer any great deals or packages as Christmas approaches? Is it worth waiting to see what they offer before I look for my custom build?
Dell doesn't have a "Boxing Day Blowout" like a traditional retailer. They're more likely to discount when a model will be revised or discontinued soon - this is when you see deep discounts. You can also search DFS for discounted off-lease and returns.

Also remember, on average, Dell requires 5-10 business days to ship your purchase on computers. This wait can be longer after Black Friday...

If you see something you like at a decent price then buy it and forget about last-minute troubles. Retailers are front-loading their sales this year because they got burned last Christmas and were left with inventory.
Oct 12, 2009
210 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like Dell.ca is not having any boxing days deal this year, nothing advertised yet :confused:
Aug 27, 2007
93 posts
3 upvotes
I've been waiting to get the 22" 2209WA IPS panel, and am wondering if it'll be offered on sale during or around boxing week.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)