• Nov 8th, 2008 8:05 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4377 posts
4253 upvotes
Toronto

[Dell] Dell.ca: Inspiron 530 Desktop w/Q6600, 3GB RAM, 500GB HD, 19" LCD $609

Hey look, another good desktop offer from Dell.ca. This one is a complete quad core system with a 19" monitor included.

Inspiron 530 with Q6600 Processor and 19" LCD for $609 after you apply coupon code 2F4QHN0ZB93Z9$ at the checkout.

Specs:
  • Intel
9 replies
Jun 1, 2006
711 posts
35 upvotes
Thanks. Been waiting for a Dell desktop deal for a while.
Nov 19, 2006
292 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Is there any way to remove the monitor?
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2002
19326 posts
986 upvotes
Very good price indeed ... But I would think twice before taking the $110 Q6600 upgrade (Sorry, Andrew ;) ) ... For general usage, there is no significant difference in performance between the two to justify the $110 price increase .... substantial performance gain would only kick in when you have applications that can utilize all 4 cores ....
Mootso wrote: Is there any way to remove the monitor?
You could unload it at BST forum ... Brand new monitor is fairly easy to sell ...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2006
5426 posts
506 upvotes
Toronto
I'm conflicted. I'm trying to get a new computer by the new years, and was in the mindset of building one. I just bought ram from the newegg deal.

I'm wondering would it be better just to purchase this set-up or do a custom which parts might be on sale on boxing day/near christmas.

I'm willing to wait, just not sure which i should choose.

prebuilt or custom built.

I do want a larger HD and the 19" will be a bonus i'm using a 24"

Graphics card i'll probably use my own current one 8800gt and same with sound card.

The OS (not sure as of yet). Always wanted to try ubuntu or linux but kept to windows.

I'm mainly thinking about cost right now. Would it be cheaper to buy this and upgrade it or buy parts and make. it would be more fun to make, though.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2007
2347 posts
41 upvotes
killoverme wrote: I'm conflicted. I'm trying to get a new computer by the new years, and was in the mindset of building one. I just bought ram from the newegg deal.

I'm wondering would it be better just to purchase this set-up or do a custom which parts might be on sale on boxing day/near christmas.

Graphics card i'll probably use my own current one 8800gt and same with sound card.

The OS (not sure as of yet). Always wanted to try ubuntu or linux but kept to windows.

I'm mainly thinking about cost right now. Would it be cheaper to buy this and upgrade it or buy parts and make. it would be more fun to make, though.
I'd say customize it this way you have what you want and also you can ensure yourself a strong, stable build for the long run.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2004
1668 posts
735 upvotes
killoverme wrote: I'm conflicted. I'm trying to get a new computer by the new years, and was in the mindset of building one. I just bought ram from the newegg deal.

My comp recently died so I just bought the following from NCIX for what will be $690 after I get the rebates.

Intel E8400
BFG 9800GT OC
500GB Seagate
4GB OCZ Gold XTC
Asus P5QL Pro
Sonata Designer w/ 500W

In your case - you probably already have the vid card, case, and ram so you can lop off ~ $325 off the price.
:arrowu: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowl: :arrow: :arrowl: :arrow: B A
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2006
5426 posts
506 upvotes
Toronto
doctorgonzo wrote: My comp recently died so I just bought the following from NCIX for what will be $690 after I get the rebates.

Intel E8400
BFG 9800GT OC
500GB Seagate
4GB OCZ Gold XTC
Asus P5QL Pro
Sonata Designer w/ 500W

In your case - you probably already have the vid card, case, and ram so you can lop off ~ $325 off the price.
yeah i guess it will be cheaper to make.

i'll wait til boxing day and is the p5ql pro the best choice for that cpu? (cheapest but very good)
Sep 7, 2001
423 posts
2 upvotes
Pricing seems pretty mediocre. (Better if you already own nice graphics and sound cards though like Killorverme.)

Q6600, Vista Premium, 3 gb, 500 gb, integrated graphics and sound, Works with Word, ATI tuner and remote, sp22", DVD burner, 3 year inhome, $998.