Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 3, 2014
655 posts
639 upvotes
Maple Ridge, BC

Dell 10% Cashback and 5% MPP Opportunities

Just a heads-up if you're in the market for anything that Dell sells, particularly the 'standard' Cyber Monday discounted stuff that is the same price everywhere (eg Samsung tablets, various TVs etc).

10% Ebates cashback today plus (if you qualify) 5% further discount via Dell Member Purchase Programme (and a few percent back in Dell Rewards as well).

Makes Dell cheapest for many of the 'same price' Cyber Monday/Black Friday Week deals....
13 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
1111 posts
754 upvotes
What’s the Dell member purchase program? How do I qualify? I’m using a Unidays coupon as well.
Jan 2, 2006
132 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
Ebates with Dell is problematic. I got Alienware desktop counting on !0%, because otherwise it is really expensive. But despite of doing everything Ebates want you to do it does not show on your account. After few emails back and forth I learnt that they have to confirm with Dell and it will take 45 days to decide to get my cash back.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1481 posts
2551 upvotes
Calgary, AB
calexicoca wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 6:35 am
Ebates with Dell is problematic. I got Alienware desktop counting on !0%, because otherwise it is really expensive. But despite of doing everything Ebates want you to do it does not show on your account. After few emails back and forth I learnt that they have to confirm with Dell and it will take 45 days to decide to get my cash back.
I have had no problems with ebates and dell. Bought 2 Alienwares and Sony cameras. No problem
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !
Jan 2, 2006
132 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
Mahawka wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 12:11 pm
I have had no problems with ebates and dell. Bought 2 Alienwares and Sony cameras. No problem
How long did you have to wait for your cash back?
Sep 6, 2011
166 posts
106 upvotes
La Malbaie
I also had a few problems with Ebates and Dell recently. Bought a computer in September, transaction is acknowledged but never confirmed. Called Dell CS multiple times, they can proceed with the order at the same price without the cashback because they have to manually create a new order. Cancelled the order and made a new order, this time it went through and cashback is confirmed on Ebates website. Come November 15th and something is wrong, the "big fat check" is not big enough. I checked on Ebates website and my Dell transaction now shows $0 cashback. Email CS and they tell me it takes a few weeks to post the cashback, they can't do anything and they tell me to wait. A few hours later, cashback reappears out of nowhere. Let's see if it gets deposited in three months...
Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1481 posts
2551 upvotes
Calgary, AB
calexicoca wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 12:17 pm
How long did you have to wait for your cash back?
Normally within a few hours.
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
11148 posts
2036 upvotes
same having to wait 45 days, but seeing how these are big ticket items I see why they need to wait to confirm

bought xps 15 few months back, got the amount in cheque this month
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Jul 27, 2010
949 posts
676 upvotes
Victoria, BC
calexicoca wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 6:35 am
Ebates with Dell is problematic. I learnt that they have to confirm with Dell and it will take 45 days to decide to get my cash back.
I noticed my recent Dell purchase hasn't given me cash back, so thanks for that info.

I also bought something from Microsoft Store when they were giving "up to 3.5% cash back" and I only got 0.5% cash back ☹️

All my Amazon purchases during BF weekend only gave 1% cash back.
Nov 17, 2014
506 posts
542 upvotes
QC
1_blue_pixel wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 9:18 pm
I noticed my recent Dell purchase hasn't given me cash back, so thanks for that info.

I also bought something from Microsoft Store when they were giving "up to 3.5% cash back" and I only got 0.5% cash back ☹️

All my Amazon purchases during BF weekend only gave 1% cash back.
You need to read the small print. 3.5 % is usually on cashcow items that people buy scarcely or unfrequently like XBOX passes, games, software in microsoft store. Hardware and PC's usually are 0.5 to 1%. That's how ebates get you too! They show 10% but when you read it says UP TO 10%.
Same everywhere else, during sales, stores say UP TO 90% OFF. Then one lame item is 90% off and the rest is 10 to 30%! Fooling people, marketing 101
Jul 27, 2010
949 posts
676 upvotes
Victoria, BC
zewill wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 11:21 am
You need to read the small print. 3.5 % is usually on cashcow items that people buy scarcely or unfrequently like XBOX passes, games, software in microsoft store. Hardware and PC's usually are 0.5 to 1%. That's how ebates get you too! They show 10% but when you read it says UP TO 10%.
Same everywhere else, during sales, stores say UP TO 90% OFF. Then one lame item is 90% off and the rest is 10 to 30%! Fooling people, marketing 101
I get that "up to" trick. But i didn't know that any store gave less than 1%. That seems lame. I can imagine stores advertising "up to 10% cash back" only offering it on one niche item while giving 0.25% back on everything else.... Or maybe 0.0154%....
Nov 17, 2014
506 posts
542 upvotes
QC
1_blue_pixel wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 11:29 am
I get that "up to" trick. But i didn't know that any store gave less than 1%. That seems lame. I can imagine stores advertising "up to 10% cash back" only offering it on one niche item while giving 0.25% back on everything else.... Or maybe 0.0154%....
Worse than 0.5%.. Some items give 0%. Frequent with electronics at best buy ( i complained a few times at ebates and they gave the CB anyways)

Here is the CB on microsoft store:
3.5% Cash Back on Digital Goods and Xbox Live Subscription
2.5% Cash Back on Software
1.0% Cash Back on First Party Devices
$6.50 Cash Back on Office 365 (Yearly Subscription)
$3.50 Cash Back on Office 365 (Monthly Subscription)
Cash Back is not available on Third Party Devices, Windows Mixed and Virtual Reality, and PC Hardware including laptops, desktop computers and tablets.

Noticed GCR offers 0.5% while ebates 0%. I freqauently find that GCR gives better deals. Prefer the ebates ease of use and website but will move to GCR more and more
Jul 27, 2010
949 posts
676 upvotes
Victoria, BC
zewill wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 12:12 pm
Worse than 0.5%.. Some items give 0%. Frequent with electronics at best buy ( i complained a few times at ebates and they gave the CB anyways)

Here is the CB on microsoft store:
3.5% Cash Back on Digital Goods and Xbox Live Subscription
2.5% Cash Back on Software
1.0% Cash Back on First Party Devices
$6.50 Cash Back on Office 365 (Yearly Subscription)
$3.50 Cash Back on Office 365 (Monthly Subscription)
Cash Back is not available on Third Party Devices, Windows Mixed and Virtual Reality, and PC Hardware including laptops, desktop computers and tablets.

Noticed GCR offers 0.5% while ebates 0%. I freqauently find that GCR gives better deals. Prefer the ebates ease of use and website but will move to GCR more and more
Did you find that on PC? I'm using the mobile app and I can't find those details.
Nov 17, 2014
506 posts
542 upvotes
QC
Yes, microsoft store ebates cashback, accessed via computer.