Shopping Discussion

Dell Canada (Horrifying Botched Order & Customer Service Experience)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2020 8:12 am
[OP]
Jul 1, 2016
919 posts
469 upvotes
Toronto

Dell Canada (Horrifying Botched Order & Customer Service Experience)

Ordered 2 items from Dell back in early May 2020: Powerline adapter (kit of 2) and an USB to Ethernet Adapter for an total of $84.73.
After weeks has passed an no update/response; I called Customer Support for an update and was informed that the powerline kit is no longer available and would not be shipped; that as an courtesy she would open an ticket for me to cancel that product. However after a few days; my order was shipped but I was still charged the full amount (even the shipping manifest in my order said both items shipped but I only received the USB ethernet adapter; I've called at least 2 times for them to investigate this and finally after weeks of waiting/calling; I received a refund (incorrect). The e-mail said the refound would be $59.99+tax (the actual amount I received is $52.50). I've since e-mailed them back; but it's been 4 businesses days and no response... what a joke.
Edit: Excuse the horrible grammar and spelling errors; I was extremely frustrated when I wrote this post...

Order Timeline:
Order Confirmation via e-mail: May 7th
Customer Service Call: May 25th (ticket opened to cancel powerline kit as it's NOT available).
Order Invoice: May 29th (I was billed the full order amount)
Customer Service Call: June 9th (regarding billing error)
Customer Service Call: June 18th (regarding billing error)
Dell E-mail Refund Statement: July 12th (Yes; this arrived AFTER I received the incorrect refund; no idea how this works but you can verify from my screenshot).
Refund on CC: July 7th (Incorrect amount)

I have all the e-mails / chat log history / CC statement to back up all of this. How can a company been around so long get this so wrong?
Images
  • DellRefundEmail.png
  • DellRefundTangerine.png
  • DellEmailHistory.png
Pixelation~
6 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
3468 posts
3110 upvotes
Toronto
Cut them out and go straight to your cc company for a refund.
Apr 2, 2011
547 posts
208 upvotes
How is this horrifying?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6769 posts
496 upvotes
GT'eh
That's quite horrifying, OMG, something is stuck in my eye.....but I agree their custy service has gone downhill over the years, too bad you had that experience,
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired G@mer & t3<h [0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<hy lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: eBay|1000+ ??? rFD | 300+
[OP]
Jul 1, 2016
919 posts
469 upvotes
Toronto
NKode wrote: How is this horrifying?
That was meant to be sarcastic... but yeah... it's pretty horrifying by RFD standards; billed for something that didn't actually ship; then get a botched refund on top... not very pleasant.
Pixelation~
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
6937 posts
3906 upvotes
Mississauga
Dell used to have good customer service but it’s really gone to shit the last few years. Race to the bottom I guess...
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
12814 posts
157698 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

At that point, might as well just call your credit card company and be done with...

Ju Leon...