• Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2014 2:25 pm
[OP]
Aug 12, 2007
166 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto

[Dell] $35 NHL 15 [US only?]

I stumbled across this article: http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/08/27 ... ice-to-35/

Dell is selling NHL 15 for $10 less than Canadian retailers and is giving a $25 gift card with the purchase of NHL 15.

This is a really good deal compared to the $80 price tag in Canada.

Does anyone know of any way that we could take advantage of this deal or do the Americans continue to get access to much better deals than we do and there's nothing we can do about it?

Hope someone figures something out....
94 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2007
1771 posts
160 upvotes
Please god do not buy this game and perpetuate the constant re-release and re-sale of the exact same content.

Also, NHL 15 for Xbox ONE isnt even the full game, EA is a blatant scammer.

Play NHL 13/14 if you already made the mistake of buying that recycled content.

-----------------------------------------------------

TL;DR

For anyone actually interested in buying this, dont bother reading through the thread as there is no discussion relating to the "deal". Just back and forth bantering about the lack of changes in the game from previous versions.
[OP]
Aug 12, 2007
166 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
ryanmission wrote: Please god do not buy this game and perpetuate the constant re-release and re-sale of the exact same content.

I was thinking the exact same thing but apparently there is a huge bump in quality for the new gen versions given the better hardware available to enhance graphics and etc.
Aug 21, 2011
417 posts
217 upvotes
NHL 15 on last gen is the same game as they have shifted their focus to the new consoles. NHL 15 on the XB1 and PS4 is a totally different game for the first time in a while. That said, it is lacking a couple game modes from the previous games.

People say they want change, when they get change they beg for what they had before.

It is a never-ending cycle.
[OP]
Aug 12, 2007
166 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
Tkavil wrote: NHL 15 on last gen is the same game as they have shifted their focus to the new consoles. NHL 15 on the XB1 and PS4 is a totally different game for the first time in a while. That said, it is lacking a couple game modes from the previous games.

People say they want change, when they get change they beg for what they had before.

Completely agree. With that said though, I'm excited for the first time in a long while to see how much better it is on the new gen consoles. Bought a ps4 just for this!
Aug 21, 2011
417 posts
217 upvotes
WBP_Akdmk wrote: Completely agree. With that said though, I'm excited for the first time in a long while to see how much better it is on the new gen consoles. Bought a ps4 just for this!
Have you tried the demo? It was released on Tuesday; it is a refreshing change, I'm sad to see there will be no EASHL though as that was my most played mode.
May 27, 2011
575 posts
586 upvotes
ryanmission wrote: Please god do not buy this game and perpetuate the constant re-release and re-sale of the exact same content.

Id rather play Chel 15 if the load times are faster. I dont even use my 360 anymore.
Oct 31, 2010
575 posts
331 upvotes
Edmonton

Oh shoot, ryanmission doesn't like this game...guess we should all do as he wishes and boycott.
Jan 8, 2010
303 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
Tkavil wrote: Have you tried the demo? It was released on Tuesday; it is a refreshing change, I'm sad to see there will be no EASHL though as that was my most played mode.
Hate that they took out EASHL, was easily the best way to play online imo, there is a slight chance it gets patched in but there really is no excuses for its exemption.
[OP]
Aug 12, 2007
166 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
Tkavil wrote: Have you tried the demo? It was released on Tuesday; it is a refreshing change, I'm sad to see there will be no EASHL though as that was my most played mode.
Haven't tried it yet - can't believe there won't be EASHL mode !!!! that was my most played mode as well!! why are they getting rid of it???
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
1291 posts
71 upvotes
Montreal
WBP_Akdmk wrote: Haven't tried it yet - can't believe there won't be EASHL mode !!!! that was my most played mode as well!! why are they getting rid of it???
It's caused by the lack of time. Unfortunatly, NHL is not a popular game vs Madden or Fifa so EA will always put less employee to work on it.

At least they could release EASHL as a free DLC in a couple of months but that seems very unlikely. Even the Online Team Play will be added only later as part of an update.
Aug 21, 2011
417 posts
217 upvotes
WBP_Akdmk wrote: Haven't tried it yet - can't believe there won't be EASHL mode !!!! that was my most played mode as well!! why are they getting rid of it???
They ran out of time and couldn't properly optimize 6v6 with the new 12 player physics and new consoles. It is a pretty lame excuse but this is the main reason it is out now and the only game modes in are the ones that are 1v1 such as versus or HUT.
[OP]
Aug 12, 2007
166 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
darkman007e wrote: It's caused by the lack of time. Unfortunatly, NHL is not a popular game vs Madden or Fifa so EA will always put less employee to work on it.

At least they could release EASHL as a free DLC in a couple of months but that seems very unlikely. Even the Online Team Play will be added only later as part of an update.
why lack of time this year though? - for nhl 14 they had all the awesome modes...
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2007
1771 posts
160 upvotes
WBP_Akdmk wrote: I was thinking the exact same thing but apparently there is a huge bump in quality for the new gen versions given the better hardware available to enhance graphics and etc.
I played the demo when it was released, there is no graphics bump. Honestly, it is the exact same. There is, however, some douchebag in the stands that thinks he's a bird, and occasionally a fish :facepalm:
Tkavil wrote: NHL 15 on last gen is the same game as they have shifted their focus to the new consoles. NHL 15 on the XB1 and PS4 is a totally different game for the first time in a while. That said, it is lacking a couple game modes from the previous games.

PLEASE list these "changes", i'd LOVE to see them.

Note: I said changes, not renamed features. A-la "skills stick", "super skills stick", etc.
WBP_Akdmk wrote: Completely agree. With that said though, I'm excited for the first time in a long while to see how much better it is on the new gen consoles. Bought a ps4 just for this!
Occasionally there are better physics related collisions.
Yea, the refreshing change being...stripped of game modes?
darkstar107 wrote: Oh shoot, ryanmission doesn't like this game...guess we should all do as he wishes and boycott.
It's not that i dont like the game, im tired of EA releasing the SAME garbage over and over and over again. They monopolized the hockey genre in gaming and are completely obliterating it. That's not to mention what EA has done to their AAA titles like Battlefield. But you ADHD money spending retards just shell out your parents cash because they reskin the game and you now level up in $ instead of XP. Cool.
Hate that they took out EASHL, was easily the best way to play online imo, there is a slight chance it gets patched in but there really is no excuses for its exemption.
Developers were quoted saying that EASHL will NOT be in this series of the game, period.
Haven't tried it yet - can't believe there won't be EASHL mode !!!! that was my most played mode as well!! why are they getting rid of it???
See this:
“Decisions like this are never easy, nor do we take them lightly,” says producer Sean Ramjagsingh. “We know that there is a passionate group of fans that loves these modes and is no doubt disappointed with this news; but we also know that this same group of fans expects a high quality gameplay experience above anything else. We’re a franchise built on quality, so launching these modes without confidence in their quality wasn’t something that we were willing to do.”
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... sions.aspx
Aug 21, 2011
417 posts
217 upvotes
WBP_Akdmk wrote: why lack of time this year though? - for nhl 14 they had all the awesome modes...
Well NHL 14 was just a reskin of NHL 13.

For the new systems, they had to rewrite the game from the ground up. It seems they they poorly managed their time and focused their efforts in other areas. NHL 15 still has all the game modes on the Xbox 360 and PS3. It is the Xbox One and PS4 that will be missing the modes.

also: Anybody who has actually tried the demo wouldn't be saying that it is the same game. The gameplay and flow of the game has been completely reworked and the labyrinth of what they once called the menus have been cleaned up.

What kind of change are you looking for? Would you like the skaters to be wearing tutus riding skateboards? What if they take away penalties and any other sort of regulations? You cannot change the fundamentals of hockey.