Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

Dell Days of Deals, Day 8: Sony Bluetooth NFC Headphones $70, 1TB Ext HD $60 and More

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 11th, 2014 11:53 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2508 posts
1109 upvotes
Scarborough
fly wrote: Google "Windows 8.1 start button" and you'll get your answer. In my case, I want to bash my computer (Windows 8.1) every time I want to make a quick calculation and start the Calculator app. It takes up the entire screen since it's an App and I can't see the data from the other app. Whereas, on Windows 7, the calculator would sit on a tiny section of my screen and I can see the data I'm trying to add up. In a nutshell, they've taken "windowing" out of Windows. I certainly hope service pack 2 fixes this, as promised!
You do know you can use the regular calculator and not the calculator app?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9849 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
fly wrote: Google "Windows 8.1 start button" and you'll get your answer. In my case, I want to bash my computer (Windows 8.1) every time I want to make a quick calculation and start the Calculator app. It takes up the entire screen since it's an App and I can't see the data from the other app. Whereas, on Windows 7, the calculator would sit on a tiny section of my screen and I can see the data I'm trying to add up. In a nutshell, they've taken "windowing" out of Windows. I certainly hope service pack 2 fixes this, as promised!
The regular windowed desktop version of the calculator that you're used to is also there and easily accessible...that you personally were unable to find it and found yourself stuck within the metro app doesn't make Win 7 objectively better...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9849 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
Corinthein wrote: Well for starters the navigation is an absolute pain. The whole experience feels like that of a smartphone as opposed to a PC. No start menu, IE's for both the desktop and the tile screen that are completely unrelated, apps clogging up the ui and general usability. Anyhow not looking to derail the thread, if you like it more power to you.
these are all your subjective opinions and preferences of Metro and have nothing to do with actual usability and features of the OS on a whole, but I agree, lets not derail this thread.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3039 posts
1529 upvotes
Markham
ReeGee wrote: The regular windowed desktop version of the calculator that you're used to is also there and easily accessible...that you personally were unable to find it and found yourself stuck within the metro app doesn't make Win 7 objectively better...
+1, it's just a habit of OS, and a habit can be easily changed within a week of sticking to it
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2025 upvotes
Fernando Poo
Seriously, how can the U2413 monitor be out of stock? They just move the ship date unless they're no longer producing them.
Welcome to the Minitrue FDs, Ficdep
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2508 posts
1109 upvotes
Scarborough
Psyclist wrote: Hows the eneloop deal? I have tons and a good charger as well, but im looking to get my grandparents setup on these, decent price? or hold out longer?
There was 8xAA + 4x AAA + charger for $25 back in Jan., I'm going to guess that package will come up in one of the following days of deals. So for another $3 u get 4 more AA [edit:] and 2 more AAA. Just hope it's in one of the following days left xD
Dec 9, 2006
143 posts
2 upvotes
Anybody use that 23" monitor for gaming? I just need a cheap monitor/TV for a small room so this could work if audio isn't a huge problem. Does it have audio out? Any major latency issues since it's IPS (not picky though).
Mar 9, 2014
64 posts
127 upvotes
U2413 is now out of stock and the discount has been reduced. Price before coupon is now $419.99. Online chat rep is doing up a custom quote for me - will see if it's comparable, and what the wait time will be. Might end up going for the BenQ BL2411PT if this doesn't work out.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
7611 posts
5047 upvotes
xpoint9 wrote: Anyone used those sony nfc bt headphones before? I'm thinking about picking those up, but I don't know if there is any audio lag or delay while watching movies. I know my car's mp3 player has a 1 second audio delay when I stream audio from my Note 3.
I've used the headphones with the iPad air and blackberry playbook and there is literally 0 lag in my experience. I bought it when it was on sale the last time for $71.99 with a 10% off coupon and I believe this is the lowest price currently at $69.99. It's a great companion for smartphones as well, very clear on both sides. Awesome battery life as well.

Keep in mind though that it is an on ear set of headphones. Can get uncomfortable with prolonged use and there is sound leakage.
Feb 7, 2011
209 posts
39 upvotes
Mirabel
Pricematched the APC to futureshop. Seem like a good deal.

That will give some protection to my home server.
Mar 9, 2014
64 posts
127 upvotes
U2314 is up to $420 before coupon. Online chat rep tried to get it down, but because the back-order is for several months from now, they're not going to do anything on the price. BL2411PT it is!
Aug 28, 2009
45 posts
21 upvotes
Vaudreuil-Dorion
Thanks OP. I PM'd the Sony Bluetooth headphones at FS.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
1534 posts
453 upvotes
PEI
Psyclist wrote: Hows the eneloop deal? I have tons and a good charger as well, but im looking to get my grandparents setup on these, decent price? or hold out longer?
Bad deal on Eneloops. Do not buy if you have charger and batteries already.
The normal sale priced 8xaaa or aa for $20 is cheaper than this deal (they had both of them for even cheaper during this sale as well). You only get 6 batteries in this deal.
Jan 17, 2007
542 posts
20 upvotes
Finally, I could order the batteries and it shows up properly.
Dec 22, 2013
695 posts
1575 upvotes
Self-Isolation
supremekai wrote: There was 8xAA + 4x AAA + charger for $25 back in Jan., I'm going to guess that package will come up in one of the following days of deals. So for another $3 u get 4 more AA [edit:] and 2 more AAA. Just hope it's in one of the following days left xD
I am waiting for this combo to go on sale as well.
Coming in a day or so
Dec 22, 2013
695 posts
1575 upvotes
Self-Isolation
andrewabc wrote: Bad deal on Eneloops. Do not buy if you have charger and batteries already.
The normal sale priced 8xaaa or aa for $20 is cheaper than this deal (they had both of them for even cheaper during this sale as well). You only get 6 batteries in this deal.
I got 8 AA for $17 and 8 AAA for $18. This combo will cost less if it goes for sale around $25ish (($17 + $9 = $26 for 8 AA and 4 AAA batteries plus charger))
Wait for a day or so.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2756 posts
1630 upvotes
Ontario
OP shows the Dell Venue 8 tablet at $179.99, it is actually $149.99 ($30 off), it may not be as good as the Nexus 7 but not a bad deal at this price point.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
I have a $15 off $50 coupon and want to apply it to the UPC. It just disappears every time I enter it, with no explanation. WTF?

It's a valid coupon, no expiry date.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2012
1231 posts
750 upvotes
Canada
Inno wrote: I have a $15 off $50 coupon and want to apply it to the UPC. It just disappears every time I enter it, with no explanation. WTF?

It's a valid coupon, no expiry date.
Talk to sales rep. Dell sales reps are great.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2013
1124 posts
259 upvotes
Mississauga
supremekai wrote: There was 8xAA + 4x AAA + charger for $25 back in Jan., I'm going to guess that package will come up in one of the following days of deals. So for another $3 u get 4 more AA [edit:] and 2 more AAA. Just hope it's in one of the following days left xD
If it didn't we loose this deal lol, I don't need not that much batteries, is it still a good deal for 4+2+charger ?