Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

Locked: Dell 15" 4500U / 4700U - USB-C DP 4K60 + 65W PD - Unidays/NewAcct + Rakuten (Ongoing Deal: Net Price $500 - $600)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2022 7:20 pm
May 12, 2006
939 posts
32 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: So if you go for the 4 years on-site support and skip accidental coverage, it comes to $674 before tax.

Pretty damn good considering that's before the Rakuten discount.

Keep original parts and put them back in before having the repair done, just in case they complain.
Seems like a lot of people are buying the extended warranty. I am usually not one to buy extended warranties, is the likelihood that this laptop will need repair high enough that everyone should be getting the extended warranty?
Oct 25, 2010
855 posts
415 upvotes
For the people that have this how is the screen brightness
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
nimfomanijak wrote: Can someone tell me if this combination is a good value? I am not sure but the only difference I see is the processor.

https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/dell-la ... sb_h258lce
No, 4000 series processors are faster, cooler running and better battery life. Also the configuration you linked to has a worse screen (HD).
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1546 posts
1600 upvotes
nimfomanijak wrote: Can someone tell me if this combination is a good value? I am not sure but the only difference I see is the processor.

https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/dell-la ... sb_h258lce
Not good value. Screen resolution is low, also the 4500u processor is less power hungry (less heat and longer Battery life)

Go with the one in this thread with 10% code.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2008
1043 posts
1372 upvotes
Atheral wrote: Seems like a lot of people are buying the extended warranty. I am usually not one to buy extended warranties, is the likelihood that this laptop will need repair high enough that everyone should be getting the extended warranty?
TBH, odds are if it works for 1 year it's going to work for 4. There's nothing about Dell that makes me more or less concerned about reliability - I think their Inspiron line is pretty mid-pack (I'd trust reliability more than a Surface, but less than a ThinkPad).

I think the difference here is that $60 is a low price to extend the warranty another 3 years. Basically, that guarantees you a fully working laptop for at least 4 years (barring theft, accidental damage) for just $60 (10% the cost of the computer). That's a pretty compelling argument.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37132 upvotes
Atheral wrote: Seems like a lot of people are buying the extended warranty. I am usually not one to buy extended warranties, is the likelihood that this laptop will need repair high enough that everyone should be getting the extended warranty?
It's a security blanket. I had a Dell Inspiron last me through my full university stint. It ended up dying because of poor electrical in an old house and an electrical surge. This was years ago. Short of that, it was pretty resilient.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Jan 9, 2018
536 posts
698 upvotes
After my order was confirmed , i got email confirming that it is Vega 8..."AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics"
Guy In A Bucket wrote: Something about the current laptop deal that I can't seem to get a definitive answer on, Dell's website states the graphics are Vega 8, but every site I search regarding the Ryzen 5 4500U uses Vega 6 which is significantly less powerful. I'm pondering this deal to give the kids something they can reliably play a few games like Fortnite on and the comparisons I've seen are significant enough that I'd want to be sure.
Sep 16, 2020
85 posts
87 upvotes
EddandEddie wrote: After my order was confirmed , i got email confirming that it is Vega 8..."AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics"
i'm not sure why it says vega 8, but the 4500u definitely has a vega 6
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37132 upvotes
oreoMilkshake wrote: i'm not sure why it says vega 8, but the 4500u definitely has a vega 6
Agreed, most likely a typo.

That said the Vega 6 is a work horse for an integrated GPU.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Jan 9, 2018
536 posts
698 upvotes
If it is Typo , make sure to contact Dell after you get the laptop , they will definitely offer 5-10% refund . Happened with me in the past.
redflagdealsguy wrote: Agreed, most likely a typo.

That said the Vega 6 is a work horse for an integrated GPU.
Apr 28, 2014
292 posts
58 upvotes
Ontario
Registered new account yesterday. Still haven't got new account coupon yet
Signature
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37132 upvotes
X4xtraordinary wrote: Registered new account yesterday. Still haven't got new account coupon yet
Check inbox, spam, and deleted.

Ensure you've used a unique email address.

Try to use a completely unique physical address you're confident you haven't used before.

Otherwise, try to make slight modifications to the physical address if they have you on file in another account.

Potentially try signing up from another IP address, e.g. your phone on LTE (turn off WiFi temporarily).

Some early thoughts.
Sep 6, 2012
26 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Guys use outlook.com email for discount codes. I tried with 2 email and both works. Also didnt need to register for rewards. Got the codes approximately in 6 hours. Good luck everyone.
Oct 15, 2018
37 posts
2 upvotes
Do you all think it's smart to trade my thinkpad t470s for this? I need the quad cores but thinkpads are nice.
Mar 18, 2019
260 posts
424 upvotes
Osaid202 wrote: Do you all think it's smart to trade my thinkpad t470s for this? I need the quad cores but thinkpads are nice.
Hard to say without knowing what the specs of your ThinkPad are. I'd venture to guess your ThinkPad probably already has a quad core processor though, unless it's a very old model. I believe the Ryzen 5 4500U is 6 cores though, so it's probably an upgrade, at least in terms of CPU.
Oct 15, 2018
37 posts
2 upvotes
TylerG12072 wrote: Hard to say without knowing what the specs of your ThinkPad are. I'd venture to guess your ThinkPad probably already has a quad core processor though, unless it's a very old model. I believe the Ryzen 5 4500U is 6 cores though, so it's probably an upgrade, at least in terms of CPU.
Specs:
i7-7600U so it's actually dual-core!
4gb+16gb stick = 20gb! Maybe I should sell the stick separately.
1080p IPS touch screen but it doesn't completely flex and no pen.
Batteries wear level: %18 and %14, so battery life sucks when I unplug it but it's a light laptop.
expired warranty

I got it for $450 used which is a steal but I need at least quad cores for school. This deal and the lenovo Flex one are interesting but I know it's hard switching to anything else after trying Thinkpads!

Anyone's insight is appreciated!
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2008
1043 posts
1372 upvotes
Osaid202 wrote: Specs:
i7-7600U so it's actually dual-core!
4gb+16gb stick = 20gb! Maybe I should sell the stick separately.
1080p IPS touch screen but it doesn't completely flex and no pen.
Batteries wear level: %18 and %14, so battery life sucks when I unplug it but it's a light laptop.
expired warranty

I got it for $450 used which is a steal but I need at least quad cores for school. This deal and the lenovo Flex one are interesting but I know it's hard switching to anything else after trying Thinkpads!

Anyone's insight is appreciated!
I actually sold my T460s anticipating an upgrade - the T460s has very similar performance to the T470s. Mine had a WQHD display but was otherwise similar.

It's a great time to upgrade. The resale value on your T470s will be decent (probably get what you paid for it at least - I got $480 for my T460s), but if you do anything more than light computing, the dual core processors are definitely beginning to show their age. I found that my T460s, while absolutely workable, would be noticeable slowish or have pauses when running an IDE + Slack +Spotify + WhatsApp + what have you - modern apps are getting kind of heavy. The Ryzen 4500U is a big step up.

Not sure about the screen on your model but it's likely a downgrade - the screen on this Inspiron seems to be a pretty basic IPS display, which means: adequate for indoor casual use, but not really adequate for colour-sensitive work and is not going to be a stunner.

EDIT: I am currently debating keeping my order for this ($675 pre-tax inc. 4-year warranty), picking up the Lenovo Flex 5 14" 4500U on Amazon ($780 pre-tax), and maaaaybe considering the T490s on the front page ($1000 pre-tax). Probably not the T490s; this is a secondary computer, the 8th gen i5 is outdated, and the cost is a significant amount more than this Inspiron and the Flex 5.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)