Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

Locked: Dell 15" 4500U / 4700U - USB-C DP 4K60 + 65W PD - Unidays/NewAcct + Rakuten (Ongoing Deal: Net Price $500 - $600)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2022 7:20 pm
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1374 posts
406 upvotes
Westside
Only had mine a few days but no issues whatsoever with WiFi wake-from-sleep. All updates installed via Dell update and Win 10 including optional drivers and latest recommended AMD package; radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-20.12.1
Dec 18, 2011
19 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
I too had some problems with the wifi. I uninstalled the driver then updated through Dell updates which seems to do the trick.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1518 posts
703 upvotes
Victoria
Ordered Nov 27th
Delivered to Victoria on Jan 8th

Quite the wait! So far I like the build quality. Just working on some driver updates and considering what and what not to debloat. I don't think I'm in the mood to completely re-install windows from scratch, but we'll see how it goes. I'm not the one that will be using it but I will be primary tech support ;)

Thanks all for the info contributed to the thread.
Jan 12, 2013
640 posts
233 upvotes
Toronto
@redflagdealsguy @bxm701

I don't know that much about the AX201.

Usually, I think issues with WiFi chips are drivers and firmware. You got to match them just perfectly I think.

But I think the AX201 is soldered?

Usually when I get a hardware issue nowadays I just replace the device for a well supported one made from a reputable vendor. I used to buy all my electronics on ebay.
Now I just wait and save all my pennies and buy something better and not integrated/soldered. I find as I get older I don't have the patience to deal with these issues.
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
gamerthumbs wrote: @redflagdealsguy @bxm701

I don't know that much about the AX201.

Usually, I think issues with WiFi chips are drivers and firmware. You got to match them just perfectly I think.

But I think the AX201 is soldered?

Usually when I get a hardware issue nowadays I just replace the device for a well supported one made from a reputable vendor. I used to buy all my electronics on ebay.
Now I just wait and save all my pennies and buy something better and not integrated/soldered. I find as I get older I don't have the patience to deal with these issues.
The Wi-Fi adapter is not "integrated/soldered"

"One M.2 2230 slot for WiFi and Bluetooth combo card"

Inspiron 5505 Setup and Specifications

The Service Manual has instructions on removing and installing it

https://dl.dell.com/topicspdf/inspiron- ... _en-us.pdf
Destiny is all
Sep 20, 2009
12 posts
4 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: This is a quick and dirty reply, but please read.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Vari- ... 492.0.html
Thanks very much for the reply. This disables the auto brightness issue but it also seems to have disabled my F6 and F7 keys from increasing / decreasing brightness. Even turning it back on, these keys no longer control the brightness. Any ideas on restoring this functionality while also have the AMD Vari-Bright disabled?
Sep 20, 2009
12 posts
4 upvotes
Follow up question, I'm using a wireless mouse with Bluetooth USB dongle and am having difficulty finding a setting that will enable a BT device to wake up the computer. Currently I have to use the touchpad or hit a key for the laptop to wake up.

Thanks!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
mrsolid wrote: Thanks very much for the reply. This disables the auto brightness issue but it also seems to have disabled my F6 and F7 keys from increasing / decreasing brightness. Even turning it back on, these keys no longer control the brightness. Any ideas on restoring this functionality while also have the AMD Vari-Bright disabled?
That might take keyboarding binding software. I'll look into it.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Sep 20, 2009
12 posts
4 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: That might take keyboarding binding software. I'll look into it.
Thanks very much for the quick response but it looks like a restart resolved this one.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
mrsolid wrote: Thanks very much for the quick response but it looks like a restart resolved this one.
Nice. Good to hear.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Nov 27, 2013
26 posts
20 upvotes
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me out with an issue I'm having with the built-in microphone for this laptop.
After I installed a clean version of Windows 10 on this laptop, I cannot get the built in microphone to work. (Note: I did not test the built in microphone when using the factory installed Windows 10)
I'm assuming this laptop comes with internal built in microphones because in the laptop manual it listed "digital array microphone in the camera assembly" as part of the audio specifications.

I used dell update manager to install all the latest drivers. However, when I check Device Manager, there seems to still be a "multimedia controller" driver missing. (I've attached a screen shot)

Can someone confirm the following:
1) this laptop does indeed come with a working built-in microphone
2) has anyone installed a clean version of Windows 10 and got the built in microphone working?
Untitled.jpg
Aug 13, 2003
669 posts
542 upvotes
Calgary
xksilver wrote: ...
Can someone confirm the following:
1) this laptop does indeed come with a working built-in microphone
2) has anyone installed a clean version of Windows 10 and got the built in microphone working?

Untitled.jpg
I have two of these Dells and did a clean install like you did. In both cases I also came across the exact same issue as you. It was solved by doing a Windows Update and let it install any drivers that it wants to including the ones in the “optional updates” section. After doing that the microphone will show up.
Dec 28, 2020
430 posts
320 upvotes
Toronto
Thinking of puling the trigger on this for the moms. Still a good deal @ 799.99 I'm assuming? Everyone happy with it so far?

Or are there any other better priced deals for the Ryzen 7 or Ryzen 5 currently? She will be using it a lot, but for simple stuff. Internet browsing, emailing and she designs logos for prints etc. (Not sure what program she uses.)
Nothing too major.
Nov 27, 2013
26 posts
20 upvotes
DentDude wrote: I have two of these Dells and did a clean install like you did. In both cases I also came across the exact same issue as you. It was solved by doing a Windows Update and let it install any drivers that it wants to including the ones in the “optional updates” section. After doing that the microphone will show up.
Thanks, my windows update had some errors so I did a fresh windows install again.
It works now.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
Moneyhunt wrote: Thinking of puling the trigger on this for the moms. Still a good deal @ 799.99 I'm assuming? Everyone happy with it so far?

Or are there any other better priced deals for the Ryzen 7 or Ryzen 5 currently? She will be using it a lot, but for simple stuff. Internet browsing, emailing and she designs logos for prints etc. (Not sure what program she uses.)
Nothing too major.
There are no better priced Ryzen 4700U laptops, especially after discounts.

With that said, this is a high performance ultrabook, so it's not going to hurt your mother's experience but some might consider it overkill. The few, if any, niggling issues you might find are addressed in one of the two Dell Inspiron 5505 threads, see the first post.

If you don't clean install, this guy is ready to use right out of the gate.

Good luck.
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
Moneyhunt wrote: Thinking of puling the trigger on this for the moms. Still a good deal @ 799.99 I'm assuming? Everyone happy with it so far?

Nothing too major.
It was 630 before. I personally wouldn’t buy it knowing it may go down again or even more.
Sep 30, 2012
109 posts
15 upvotes
Markham
Want to pull the plug for Ryzen 4700U, but the delivery is for March first week, that's too far. Not sure if I should wait?
Also, debating between this or Lenovo Ideabook i7-11th gen?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
pankrah1 wrote: Want to pull the plug for Ryzen 4700U, but the delivery is for March first week, that's too far. Not sure if I should wait?
What's your use case? Business, leisure, home, student?

Do you use many legacy applications, any finicky applications?
Apr 23, 2005
208 posts
12 upvotes
To anyone in Markham or Richmond Hill area who wants to sell their OEM memory module, please PM me. Thanks.
Aug 28, 2013
278 posts
223 upvotes
pankrah1 wrote: Want to pull the plug for Ryzen 4700U, but the delivery is for March first week, that's too far. Not sure if I should wait?
Delivery date on that lenovo on order placed on 7th is 4th of may :)

Just saying...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)