Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

Dell 27 4K UHD Monitor - S2721QS $341.99, 50% Off

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2022 4:15 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2013
1097 posts
1288 upvotes
ODoyleRulz wrote: I run it scaled at 1440p and it’s fine, maybe a tad sluggish… 2160p @ 4K and the font and icons become too small (I have 20/20 vision, no glasses). I have not yet once run into a time I wanted to use the 4K capability on this monitor, so if you can save a buck I would (productivity use). I would not buy this monitor again myself.
in macos, 1440p is still pushing a 4k picture but with the real estate of a 1440p display (windows equivalent of 150%). it’s just pixel doubling to 5k(5120x2880) and resizing down to 4k. it does use more gpu power so if you’re running iGPU, you’ll definitely notice it.
Feb 28, 2012
653 posts
531 upvotes
BC
Great deal couldn't pass on it this time!
Feb 28, 2012
653 posts
531 upvotes
BC
Did anyone order the Dell S2721QS? Been using it for a few weeks and I really like monitor but the built in speakers seem like they are from the 90's. Absolutely horrible. It almost seems wrong that they could be this bad. On Windows 10 I run them at about 90-100 volume. I was using a dell monitor before with the AC511 soundbar which was really good and the volume only needed to be around 10-20 for great sound.

Is it possible I'm doing something wrong or could they be defective? I tried every setting. Or are they just really bad speakers?
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13577 upvotes
Ottawa
jb10071 wrote: Did anyone order the Dell S2721QS? Been using it for a few weeks and I really like monitor but the built in speakers seem like they are from the 90's. Absolutely horrible.

Is it possible I'm doing something wrong or could they be defective? I tried every setting. Or are they just really bad speakers?
They are just bad speakers. Productivity monitors like this usually have speakers just so you can hear the sound when you don't have any other speakers. The first thing I do is connect up my own speakers, it's night and day. You can't compare it to even a cheap external soundbar like the AC511
Feb 28, 2012
653 posts
531 upvotes
BC
warpdrive wrote: They are just bad speakers. Productivity monitors like this usually have speakers just so you can hear the sound when you don't have any other speakers. The first thing I do is connect up my own speakers, it's night and day. You can't compare it to even a cheap external soundbar like the AC511
I wasn't expecting much but they are really bad! Thanks for the reply, I guess I'll have to get some speakers
Dec 30, 2017
386 posts
276 upvotes
Edmonton
jb10071 wrote: Did anyone order the Dell S2721QS? Been using it for a few weeks and I really like monitor but the built in speakers seem like they are from the 90's. Absolutely horrible. It almost seems wrong that they could be this bad. On Windows 10 I run them at about 90-100 volume. I was using a dell monitor before with the AC511 soundbar which was really good and the volume only needed to be around 10-20 for great sound.

I am also using them for few weeks now, I dont think they are bad for monitor speakers as most of the time those aren't any good.

They are always bad in my opinion in any monitor or any tv for that matter. External speakers are the way to go if you need good sound at your desk without Headphones.
Dec 12, 2020
92 posts
27 upvotes
Mississauga
Deal dead? Shows 679.99 while checking in the Dell website.
Feb 28, 2012
653 posts
531 upvotes
BC
Becksrules wrote: Deal dead? Shows 679.99 while checking in the Dell website.
Looks like it's dead now. Was still up this morning
Apr 23, 2013
127 posts
38 upvotes
Montreal
The deal is back now, and dont forget to grab rakuten 14% rebate only today.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
2199 posts
4616 upvotes
Mississauga
seekbuty wrote: The deal is back now, and dont forget to grab rakuten 14% rebate only today.
Did you mean 12%?
Telus $30/75gb US-Canada Plan x 3 lines, $10/Talk& Text line - 24 mths
VVM, 2000 LD minutes, CAN-Int'l Text ($0), 0$ AppleWatch, 5$ CAN-US only Tablet
Rogers $48.99 /24 mths, Ignite 1.5G internet
CIBC, Tang and EQ
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26012 posts
211310 upvotes
GTA
Actually don't forget the 12% Rakuten plus the free 6 months of Disney+.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2004
1563 posts
537 upvotes
drqnite wrote: I am also using them for few weeks now, I dont think they are bad for monitor speakers as most of the time those aren't any good.

They are always bad in my opinion in any monitor or any tv for that matter. External speakers are the way to go if you need good sound at your desk without Headphones.
I bought this screen for an arcade cabinet - and tbh the speakers are more than sufficient for my RetroPie usage. They're "pretty ok" for built in monitor speakers :)
Jun 13, 2012
96 posts
102 upvotes
POWELL RIVER
How do you get the 6 months of Disney Plus?
Dec 5, 2016
721 posts
1117 upvotes
ODoyleRulz wrote: I run it scaled at 1440p and it’s fine, maybe a tad sluggish… 2160p @ 4K and the font and icons become too small (I have 20/20 vision, no glasses). I have not yet once run into a time I wanted to use the 4K capability on this monitor, so if you can save a buck I would (productivity use). I would not buy this monitor again myself.
But you ARE using the 4K capability of this monitor.

It sounds like people here are confusing "equivalent scaling" with rendering resolution.

I don't think companies expect anybody to use these monitors at 100% scale.
Jul 17, 2020
35 posts
42 upvotes
Boxing Sale for 350 again, plus 8% rakuten

Anyone have issues running an Intel or m1 MacBook?

Should I use the HDMI port or display port input?
Nov 16, 2006
662 posts
352 upvotes
Toronto
Paul2020 wrote: Boxing Sale for 350 again, plus 8% rakuten

Anyone have issues running an Intel or m1 MacBook?

Should I use the HDMI port or display port input?
Yeah, looking at it too.

10%OFFMONITOR brings it down to $314.99

8% Rakuten another $25 off
Jul 17, 2020
35 posts
42 upvotes
xtreemboarder wrote: Yeah, looking at it too.

10%OFFMONITOR brings it down to $314.99

8% Rakuten another $25 off
I wasn’t able to apply that coupon code, I also signed up for the Dell newsletter and got a unique code for 10% off, and it didn’t work either. For both it said “this is a coupon we have, but it does not apply to any of the items in your cart”.

I assumed this was because you can’t combine promotional offers as it says in the fine print.
Nov 16, 2006
662 posts
352 upvotes
Toronto
Paul2020 wrote: I wasn’t able to apply that coupon code, I also signed up for the Dell newsletter and got a unique code for 10% off, and it didn’t work either. For both it said “this is a coupon we have, but it does not apply to any of the items in your cart”.

I assumed this was because you can’t combine promotional offers as it says in the fine print.
Odd, works for me.
Images
  • Screenshot_20221120-102252.png
Oct 27, 2014
28 posts
22 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Yes, it works fine. Make sure that you have the right monitor in the cart.

I think I am getting this for office use. It has a 9.5 font clarity score on rtings, that is as good as it gets for office use.

What many individuals do not get is that for this kind of text clarity you cannot run 1440p monitor, nor the 32 / 34 / 42 / 48" monitors.

The pixel density of a 27" 4k monitor is HUGE, as with that the text clarity as well.

I think this monitor is good as it gets for office. It is also solid for media creation / consumption.

Casual gamers will not complain either from what I've read / researched.
Jul 17, 2020
35 posts
42 upvotes
I tried again, and this time it did accept the code, So I re-ordered it, and will have to return the first one. Rakuten is also 10% today so that's better then the 8% it was previously.

After the Rakuten cash back this works out to 283 before tax, as good as it gets for this type of monitor.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)