Expired Hot Deals

[Dell] Dell 27 4K UHD Monitor - S2721QS - $387+tx

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2020 2:54 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1125 posts
610 upvotes
This 4K monitor or the 1440p version for $100 less? Is 4K too small of pixels on a 27”? I’ve always thought 4K would be perfect for 32” but too small for 27”. I sit about 24-28” away from my monitors.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1891 posts
1568 upvotes
Toronto
Neovingian wrote: good price on these 4k monitors, I got it for almost the same price but higher CB, also has basic speakers but you should be able to daisy chain via the display port so no need for docking station with 2 monitors
I don't think you can daisychain 2x 4K

https://www.displayport.org/cables/driv ... rt-output/

but maybe there's a new version on this, and I haven't kept track of it. I tried 4k+fhd, and didnt work v
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Jul 20, 2011
255 posts
248 upvotes
NORTH YORK
To daisy chain monitors, need built in MST hub for the 1st monitor in the chain connecting to graphic card, then need the support of enough bandwidth for the ports and cables.
To daisy chain 2 4K 60Hz monitors, 1st monitor need 1 DP port supporting DP2.0 with MST hub built-in, another DP port supporting DP1.2 or higher, then proper DP cable for 1st monitor needed.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6697 posts
470 upvotes
GT'eh
linuxfan wrote: To daisy chain monitors, need built in MST hub for the 1st monitor in the chain connecting to graphic card, then need the support of enough bandwidth for the ports and cables.
To daisy chain 2 4K 60Hz monitors, 1st monitor need 1 DP port supporting DP2.0 with MST hub built-in, another DP port supporting DP1.2 or higher, then proper DP cable for 1st monitor needed.
You're right it totally slipped my mind, since I have this monitor 4k monitor for my gaming & editing in my guest room and a dual U2717D/C monitors for my WFH setup and those are daisy chained to my laptop, I recall that being a major selling point so I wouldn't need a dock.
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired G@mer & t3<h [0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<hy lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: eBay|1000+ ??? rFD | 300+
Aug 2, 2019
27 posts
23 upvotes
Would this be good for playing Xbox Series X on? Or should I try for a 1440p/120?
Oct 27, 2009
532 posts
349 upvotes
Hamilton
Mmagic888 wrote: This 4K monitor or the 1440p version for $100 less? Is 4K too small of pixels on a 27”? I’ve always thought 4K would be perfect for 32” but too small for 27”. I sit about 24-28” away from my monitors.
$100 less for qhd is probably good enough for most home office use. Is this the one you're taking about :

https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/dell-27 ... ccessories
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
1074 posts
809 upvotes
Anyone know if I can somehow connect two of these to a MacBook Air? (no usb-c)
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1733 posts
529 upvotes
Edmonton
Masernaut wrote: Anyone know if I can somehow connect two of these to a MacBook Air? (no usb-c)
Do you mean that the MacBook Air doesn't have USB-C, or that this monitor doesn't have USB-C? If the MacBook Air has USB-C, you could buy a USB-C to HDMI or USB-C to DisplayPort adapter from somewhere like Amazon for cheap. Then use one of the cables that are included with the monitor. I find that monitors with USB-C input add at least $300 for the Thunderbolt 3 and charging capability.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2012
1216 posts
541 upvotes
Regina
Seems like the LG 27ul650 is better for a bit more money.
Looking to buy Epson HT2150ST
Oct 9, 2014
36 posts
12 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks OP, I bought u4320q with this promotion
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1217 posts
1281 upvotes
stephen.tedesco wrote: FWIW, I also had cold feet when I placed the order originally, so I requested it to be cancelled in the first hour of my order. Customer care replied with the following message. The extra 10% off made it totally worth it to me, but since that’s a total YMMV I didn’t mention it in the initial post.

Thank you for contacting Dell Online Customer Care.

We've received your request for the Cancellation of Order # however, we would like to offer you an incentive to keep your order.

We value your relationship with Dell and would like to offer you a discount of $<38.00> if you are willing to keep this order instead of canceling it. If you accept this offer, we would credit the amount back to your original payment method within 8 business days once the order is shipped from Dell.
This is pretty much standard with both Dell and Lenovo. Placed orders for both in December and they offered an extra 10%. Now that was a deal I can't refuse - eventually decided on a Lenovo Yoga c940.
Jul 25, 2018
11 posts
Can someone speak on how accurate the shipping times are? It says I'll get mine in a month but OP says that they already received a shipping confirmation.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1125 posts
610 upvotes
wesleytoh wrote: Can someone speak on how accurate the shipping times are? It says I'll get mine in a month but OP says that they already received a shipping confirmation.
My previous order was at least 2-3 weeks sooner than expected.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)