Expired Hot Deals

[Dell] Dell 27 4K UHD Monitor - S2721QS - $387+tx

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2020 2:54 pm
Jan 29, 2020
293 posts
318 upvotes
Dell came out with 3 new Ultrasharp monitors a few days ago. They are threatening to release more in the coming 2 months.

I'm going to hold out for Boxing Day and see what the picture is then.
Sep 3, 2002
995 posts
412 upvotes
GTA
These 4K IPS monitors come up all the time, usually mentioning they use the same panel that's also used in other well regarded monitors, but sometimes they are advertised as 28" and sometimes 27". Are there two different panels or is it just marketing?
Mar 2, 2011
30 posts
4 upvotes
Ajax
Parrajara wrote: Thank you! Looked into it, unfortunately this doesn't have the color accuracy i need. Guess I will have to break the bank, damn expensive monitors.
Curious what you were looking for in colour accuracy? Is it 100% Adobe RGB?
I’m in the market for a new monitor as well for photo/video editing. And I agree, all the ones specced for editing are $$$
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1421 posts
903 upvotes
Vancouver
Does anyone have a recommended settings for this monitor to fully utilize the 4K res and colours?
Aug 18, 2015
96 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Been on lookout for 4k 165Hz HDR 1ms IPS monitor, or as close to the specs as possible.

Still looking. If anyone recommends something, greatly appreciate it. TIA
Sep 30, 2020
90 posts
23 upvotes
I got the monitor S2721QS today and have below questions:
1. When it is running 4k(3840X2160, it can only at 30hz, which will make the mouse move slowly.
2. If it is running 1080p which is same as my laptop, the picture looks like blurry.

I am using it as a big screen for my laptop now, but it is bought for my son LFH.
Anyone has more experience of this monitor, thanks in advance.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2007
1076 posts
122 upvotes
Hellordfdeals wrote: I got the monitor S2721QS today and have below questions:
1. When it is running 4k(3840X2160, it can only at 30hz, which will make the mouse move slowly.
2. If it is running 1080p which is same as my laptop, the picture looks like blurry.

I am using it as a big screen for my laptop now, but it is bought for my son LFH.
Isn't this monitor capable of 60hz? Is it your computer / laptop limited to 30hz?
Jul 24, 2012
91 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Hellordfdeals wrote: I got the monitor S2721QS today and have below questions:

I’m experiencing the same issue with the mouse moving slowly. Using it with a MacBook Pro. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Sep 30, 2020
90 posts
23 upvotes
hockey9898 wrote: I’m experiencing the same issue with the mouse moving slowly. Using it with a MacBook Pro. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I have ordered a type C to Displayport cable to test it. Hope it works.
Please wait for my feedback.
Jul 24, 2012
91 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Hellordfdeals wrote: I have ordered a type C to Displayport cable to test it. Hope it works.
Perfect, thank you!
Sep 30, 2020
90 posts
23 upvotes
Hellordfdeals wrote: I have ordered a type C to Displayport cable to test it. Hope it works.
Today I tested it with a HDMI cable from Costco which marked as high speed HDMI, but failed.
I appreciate anybody who can share his experience what type of HDMI cable would work for 4k 60hz.
Sep 30, 2020
90 posts
23 upvotes
By the way, I checked the return policy in case it can not work well:
Will my shipping fees be refunded if I request a Return/Will I be charged a Restocking Fee?
Original Shipping charges may not be refundable.
When you return your order, we will credit your account for the order value, minus the initial shipping and handling and any applicable restocking fees.

Do they charge the shipping cost? How much is it?
Who have more experience to return it?
Thanks.
Sep 30, 2020
90 posts
23 upvotes
Type-C to Displayport works for 4k 60hz but my old computer which was manufatured 2016 only with a type c which can't transmit video signal.
For the newer computer with thunderbot port should be ok.
Please check your computer firstly before purchase this monitor.