• Jul 14th, 2018 8:47 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
2706 posts
344 upvotes

[Dell] Dell 27 Gaming Monitor: S2716DG $522 with 10%OFFMONITOR

The monitor is $579 less 10% to bring it to $522 also qualifies for additional 10% off through ebates.

Good deal for those who missed the BestBuy $460 price.
Jesus saves, I spend
39 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
2411 posts
908 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm honestly on the fence of getting this. I've heard from so many people that the display panel is horrible even after calibration, has dead pixels and others saying it's completely fine for the price considering it has G sync
I love RFD! :)

Model 3 reservation holder
Jan 21, 2009
371 posts
48 upvotes
Seem like a good deal, unfortunately I need a freesync monitor.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2610 posts
1430 upvotes
Vancouver
yo2boy wrote:
Jul 7th, 2018 2:06 am
I'm honestly on the fence of getting this. I've heard from so many people that the display panel is horrible even after calibration, has dead pixels and others saying it's completely fine for the price considering it has G sync
Its a TN panel so anyone who is used to IPS or VA panels will find it lacking in terms of picture quality. Its really just for gamers who want a faster QHD gaming monitor that is very fast plus can produce 144hz. Personally i prefer Asus VG248QE, not because its better but because for the price of 2xDell, I could get 4 Asus (when on sale) and basically have a 48” 4k gaming monitor (that i can scale down for some games if my pc cant handle the resolution). Of course i also got my 2x2 years ago before s2716 was even released but the argument still held then except vs an older Dell monitor.
Nov 3, 2017
8 posts
3 upvotes
yo2boy wrote:
I've made it my life mission to counter-shill this monitor every time it comes up.

Don't buy this monitor, it's garbage for all the reasons you just mentioned and more.
Sep 6, 2014
20 posts
11 upvotes
Bowmanville, ON
Ships 07-30-2018

seems to be out of stock at the moment so even if you do decide to order it you won't get it till next month
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2012
1216 posts
271 upvotes
Barrie
yo2boy wrote:
Have had mine for around six months, no issues with stuck/dead pixels and just checked yesterday. Gsync works better then I thought it would and I went from an IPS (low grade korean panel) to this and this TN panel still looks better. Not sure what issues the poster above had with his unit.
Nov 26, 2016
53 posts
37 upvotes
Vancouver
this is a great gaming monitor for people with nvidia g-sync cards. Got mine during the best buy sale at $470, no dead pixels or any issues. Good adjustability stand for height and angle, can even swivel to portrait orientation if i wanted to.

I "upgraded" from an old Samsung 275T which was the same screen size but the footprint, weight is smaller and games look better with 1440p on this Dell panel. Much brighter screen and browsing is ok too. Can't beat this price for 1440p, G-sync and 144hz refresh rate, 1ms lag.
Feb 23, 2014
537 posts
132 upvotes
whats th difference between this and the ultrasharp for about the same price?
Nov 1, 2015
60 posts
25 upvotes
Surrey, BC
You honestly can't find a monitor with those specs for any cheaper especially from a reputable brand like Dell. I want to pull the trigger on this but I don't think my graphics card can handle 1440p especially at 144hz. Also, I don't really feel like buying a new card at the moment with the way prices are looking.
Feb 4, 2007
46 posts
I bought this monitor when bestbuy had it on sale a few weeks back. No issues, its a really good monitor. Yes it is recommended that you have a decent GPU to run its full potential. the G-Sync + 144hz feels very good when running FPS'. Dell often has it around this price with the promo codes, so if you are not looking to buy it now then wait a bit until you're ready.
Nov 14, 2013
976 posts
326 upvotes
Moncton
chillyy wrote:
Jul 7th, 2018 1:25 pm
I bought this monitor when bestbuy had it on sale a few weeks back. No issues, its a really good monitor. Yes it is recommended that you have a decent GPU to run its full potential. the G-Sync + 144hz feels very good when running FPS'. Dell often has it around this price with the promo codes, so if you are not looking to buy it now then wait a bit until you're ready.
Even if you cant run to its full potential now g sync would make even 40 fps feel awesome. I just ordered one to pair with a 1070, I'm pretty excited.
Jan 11, 2016
334 posts
239 upvotes
Made in Canada
Can I combine the 10%OFFMONITOR with eBates 10% cashback as well?
Jun 26, 2007
475 posts
232 upvotes
BiteSizeThumb wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 8:48 am
Can I combine the 10%OFFMONITOR with eBates 10% cashback as well?
Normally you can. I haven't tested this one.