Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

Dell 27 inch monitors - QHD for $243, 4K UHD for $315, QHD Gaming for $450

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2022 11:46 am
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2019
1551 posts
1718 upvotes
The Dell S2522HG catches my eye and ticks all the right boxes. However, it seems that it this monitor is still relatively new and I haven't been able to find any kind of reviews on it. Even Amazon has no reviews on this monitor, which is a bit strange. Does anyone have any info or reviews about this monitor and how it performs in comparison to its impressive spec sheet?

Thanks.
Why settle for full retail price when you can wait and get it at a lower price for better value (even better if there's a bundled freebies deal)? 😉
Nov 12, 2017
203 posts
176 upvotes
Calgary
Ecsta wrote:
The only reason to go for a 1440p monitor over a 4k one is either budget or to get a gaming monitor with a much faster refresh rate.
Please also check what your graphic card can support. It has it's limitations.

Also I did contemplate about the 4K monitor S2721Q before, but didn't pull the trigger due to grey boarder issue. It's noted on rting review and many reddit post as well. It's not a deal breaker for some but it's something to consider

edit: fixed a word board to boarder
Last edited by hsiaolunwang606689 on Jul 3rd, 2021 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 18, 2005
493 posts
39 upvotes
Ottawa
75Hz or 60Hz.

I wouldn't if you do PC gaming. What's the point of having all that power if your monitor is capped at 75 fps?
Oct 31, 2005
702 posts
268 upvotes
hsiaolunwang606689 wrote: Please also check what your graphic card can support. It has it's limitations.

Also I did contemplate about the 4K monitor S2721Q before, but didn't pull the trigger due to grey board issue. It's noted on rting review and many reddit post as well. It's not a deal breaker for some but it's something to consider
Newbie here. Any idea what's the easiest way to check if your computer can handle 4K?
I have an older Surface 4? And also a newer XPS 13.

Thanks,
Ryan
Nov 7, 2007
869 posts
592 upvotes
Thanks OP. Perfect timing. Was wanting to replace my two 23” 1080p monitors.
Nov 12, 2017
203 posts
176 upvotes
Calgary
ryyeung wrote: Newbie here. Any idea what's the easiest way to check if your computer can handle 4K?

Thanks,
Ryan
Sorry Ryan, I am a newbie too. I would start by google it and see what other tried and check out their specs etc. I am hoping others will chime in to help you as well ^^"
Oct 19, 2018
220 posts
250 upvotes
leon94 wrote: much better screen color and quality
What makes you say that? Have you used both?

I upgraded to the $250 Samsung 4K monitors from 2020 Dell Studio 24" monitors. Colors and build quality on the Samsung are miiiillleees better on the Samsung.
Jan 13, 2015
383 posts
329 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Mmagic888 wrote: Great prices for these models. I have both the D and DS for non-gaming and can't complain on any of them.
B83B5401-0CC1-48C2-AC58-17E5F7C362CE.jpeg
Dec 3, 2007
996 posts
876 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
ryyeung wrote: Newbie here. Any idea what's the easiest way to check if your computer can handle 4K?

Thanks,
Ryan
Read reviews on your graphics card (for desktops).
My Sapphire 5600xt can apparently handle 1440 based on detailed reviewed showing framerates, etc.

Given your listing laptops, doing the same for the laptops in question might give some insight, although may be safe to say that if not a gaming laptop, you may be limited to 1080p, but I could be wrong.
May 11, 2020
33 posts
194 upvotes
MmmWaffles wrote: What makes you say that? Have you used both?

I upgraded to the $250 Samsung 4K monitors from 2020 Dell Studio 24" monitors. Colors and build quality on the Samsung are miiiillleees better on the Samsung.
From experience, and I actually returned the samsung 4k due to grey-ish color and wobbling base. plz dont tell me va is better on color accuracy than ips.
Oct 19, 2018
220 posts
250 upvotes
leon94 wrote: From experience, and I actually returned the samsung 4k due to grey-ish color and wobbling base. plz dont tell me va is better on color accuracy than ips.
From experience? What does that mean? You have used both the 4K Samsung and the monitors that are on sale on this thread?

The Samsung was IPS

visions-electronics-samsung-28-4k-monit ... 9-2469760/
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2012
1429 posts
100 upvotes
This might sound stupid but why not buy like a bigger 4k Samsung/LG tv instead of monitors? The refresh rate? It's about the same price
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2003
6363 posts
330 upvotes
Toronto
D37 wrote: Do your Dell panels have any yellow tint to them? (That’s my biggest gripe with panels)
Just thought I'd post that I ordered the DS model a few months back, 2 of them for dual screen, and the first two monitors I got had a single dead pixel each. I returned both and Dell sent me 2 new ones.

Monitor 3 was perfect but monitor 4 had a yellowish tint to it. I might not have noticed but next to monitor 3 for my work from home setup, I could tell as when I moved Outlook or Windows Explorer from one monitor to the next I could see the colour difference from true white to that yellowish white. Normally I don't care for these things but I couldn't stop noticing it after and given that I was spending closer to 600 ish on them, I wanted them to be working as expected.

I returned monitor 4, and they gave me monitor 5, and monitor 5 had the same yellow issue.

I ended up returning 3, 4 and 5.

I then just spent the extra money and got the ultrasharp 27 inch model for around $488 each after taxes. Pricier but both came perfect out of the box, no pixels, no yellow colour, and 3 year warranty is standard.

Not saying the D or DS model isn't worth it, but just be aware to check for dead pixels and the yellow issue. It's a great price though if you can look past the yellowish issue (if your monitor happens to have it).
Dec 3, 2007
996 posts
876 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Dell easy returns applies to this or not?

Website isn't clear about 15% restocking fee vs Dell easy return which has no stocking fee.

Anyone have any recent experience?
Oct 11, 2007
147 posts
238 upvotes
Vancouver
Didn't see VESA on the 4k, dealbreaker for me unfortunately.

EDIT: Nevermind, website says VESA but no details on VESA measurements.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2015
1158 posts
1336 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Steamo wrote: Didn't see VESA on the 4k, dealbreaker for me unfortunately.

EDIT: Nevermind, website says VESA but no details on VESA measurements.
Vesa 100mm x 100mm
Sep 4, 2009
427 posts
310 upvotes
Thanks OP. Been looking for a 27 inch work monitor that can handle 4K well enough. $315 is a sweet price point.